It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: DETOX SUPPLEMENTS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So I figured I would start a thread on otc supplements that help in detox. Please feel free to add any you might think will be helpful.

What's helpful, what to avoid:

1) Benadryl. Skip this and any sleep aid that has diphenhydramine in it. These include generic allergy meds, Zzquill, Tylenol PM, Advil PM, Unisom and the like. Diphenhydramine makes RLS severe! You will go nuts!!!!!

2) Immodium. Please do not jump on the bluelight.com bandwagon and take 100 mgs to try and avoid withdrawals. Loperamide (main ingredient in Immodium) is a very weak opiate but does not cross the blood brain barrier. Some crazy asses out there believe if you eat bottles at a time, take a bunch of other crap with it, it will cross the bbb. Ever want to crap again? All you need is the maximum of 2 mgs to stop the detox poo stew. Who wants to walk around carrying bricks of shit in their gut for a week. Drink plenty of water if you do take the recommended dose because it will dehydrate you. Do not take longer than a couple days.

3) Melatonin. I recently read that any more than 1 mg will disrupt your sleep. I believe this to be true as I testedit out myself last night (your welcome).

4) Gatorade. Hook up an iv bag full of this (just kidding!), but do drink at least 2 bottles a day. Wds dehydrate you. I felt immensely better after downing 2 32oz jugs one seriously shitty feeling day early in my wds.

5) Multi vitamin. Dont go nuts, just recommended daily dose.

6) Boost Meal Replacement drinks. Buy a case if you can. Your appetite is gonna be next to nothing and we need nourishment during wds.

7) HOT BATHS. Take as many as you can all day long. Almost all wds cease while in the bath. If you are suffering from rls, achy joints, jump in an epsom salt bath. Heaven!

8) Breathe Right Strips. I got so stuffy at night. These helped tremendously.

9) Sleepy Time Tea. Try it, it may work for you. It was ok for me but didnt help keep me asleep after I drifted off.

10) Generic Zyrtec. $1 at the dollar store. Helped me fall asleep during the height of my wds but I could only manage 4 hours of sleep. Again, only need the recommended dose. Too much and you will become groggy and way over tired and wont be able to fall asleep then get out of bed at the crack of dawn wanting to gouge your puffy, tired eyes out. I tried 4, trust me, it doesn't work. 1 or 2 is all you need.

11) Exercise. Get off your sorry withdrawing ass and move. Laying in bed feeling sorry for yourself and crying over every ache and pain is like swallowing 10 benadryls. It makes wds 1000x worse. Get your blood pumping and your brain making those natural endorphins. You will feel better sooner! (You're welcome). Go for a walk, join a gym, jump on a bike. Do something physical!!!!!

Thats all I can think of for now. I am sure other members will add to the list!

Post subject: Re: DETOX SUPPLEMENTS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the list Trainer, looks good.

Great to see that you're an exercise fiend now, it's something that does really help, and it's much easier to get started than most people think.

-- ji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:19 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

L Tyrosine 500 mgs I take 2 a day in the AM it helps with mood

Agreed on all the points in last post, exercise is your new best friend. I started running again, and it has helped more than anything else.

I did an epsom salt lavender bath and it was great. My muscles are sore from working out, but I have crazy joint pain and cramps in my calves that aren't from running, this bath thing works.

Thanks any other suggestions appreciated. I take a lot of supplements now

Oh yeah, if you can get a Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet blender. I can't seem to eat much (used to have a ravenous appetite)! I can however drink smoothies with cucumber pineapple 3 ice cubes and 1/2 c spinach. If you don't like green juice just do berries and plain yogurt (don't forget ice though) you get way too weak not eating at all, so the blended drinks really help. There are a ton of great recipes on the web for drinks, you'll find one you can like. That has made a big difference for me.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Which AMINO ACIDS? I have read several articles and posts from certain detox clinics (about sub treatment) saying that aminos help a lot..
My question is ..are these the usual amino acids that are taken as supplements for weight lifting or different ones?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

fuser wrote:
Which AMINO ACIDS? I have read several articles and posts from certain detox clinics (about sub treatment) saying that aminos help a lot..
My question is ..are these the usual amino acids that are taken as supplements for weight lifting or different ones?

I believe the amino acid that aids in brain healing is L-Tyrosine. I started taking this a month prior to my jump, and am still taking it two weeks after, and plan on continuing...not sure how long.

Mahatma Gandhi