It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am new to the forum but not the talkzone series. I am feeling more human than I have in a long time. I was an active person who got started from pain medication(percocet) for shoulder surgery. I quickly raised my tolerance to about $150 a day worth of heroin. With that quick background I am proud to say that I feel connected to society again. I know it is very early in suboxone detox but I have slept two straight nights (Nights 4 & 5) and have been able to exercise at 85% strength the days of 4 and 5. The mental part is the toughest, I think about how each day I am taking strides to being a trustworthy individual. That might seem normal to society to addicts it is paradise. I want that part of me again and physical and mental walls will not stop me again. You only live once so live it on your terms. Any questions just ask me, I know I have not posted before but I feel like discussion of detox is vital in the final goal. ONE MINUTE AT A TIME, ONE DAY AT A TIME, The human will to embrace life can be stronger than drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:08 pm 
Welcome MAC! Glad you're doing well. So you're at day six off of Suboxone? I read your other post and I believe in it you stated that you had been on Sub for a year and a half or so, and had stopped your Sub after tapering down to 1mg/day. Feel free to correct me if I got that wrong.
I believe you also said in the other post that you're doing many things to help with the 'jump'....eating well and exercising, and keeping a very positive outlook....all of which seem to go a long way when stopping buprenorphine (or any other drug for that matter.) Good for you! I hope you continue to do well and that you'll post more as you go along. It's always good to have yet another story from someone who has used bupe as one of many recovery tools to get better from opiate addiction. It's a hard road....no doubt! I hope you're feeling proud of your accomplishments and all you've done to put your life back together. Keep a good recovery program in place and I'm sure you'll continue to succeed.
Thanks for sharing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thats correct 1 mg each morning at 7 religiously, I was no doubt extremely nervous for day1, II knew scheduled meals was a must, I can't get through to everyone the importence of amino acids, dietary fiber, milk thistle extract( 80% silymarin).fruits and vegatbles, exercise t least 1-2 hours of the most effort you can give. Milled flaxseed is loaded with essential amino acids, fiber, omega fatty acids, and healthy unsaturated fats. Milk thistle cleanses the liver of the toxins from past drugs and any drugs that are needed for detox. Hydration is the other key, keep the toxins flowing out your body. Have to have someone to communicate to and see your goals reached with there healthy input. You can fight the first few days and feel the haze your in lifted is such a satisfying feeling and I fed off each stride toward recovery I had. II have to include that I take seroqel for sleep. I have taken only 4 klonipin all six days so far. Let a loved one manage your addictive meds. Be as serious to being sober as you can and take on physical activities don't try to stay in bed, just for sleep or attempted sleep the first few days. Went and bought 30 dollars in fruits, 15 dollar milk thistle, 8 dollars for milled flaxseed, the best meal plan is fruit smoothies 3 times daily. Mixing in the flaxseed, milk thistle ( comes in capsuls) and I use a editional once daily dose of l - tyrosine 500mg (non essential amino acid) . This is the best supplement that is a natural mood enhancer, is a precursor of adrenaline, nor epinephrine, and dopamine, which regulate mood and stimulates metabolism and the nervous system, Aids in functions of the adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary glands; has been used to help chronic fatigue, narcolepsy, anxiety, depression, low sex drive, allergies and headaches. 1 frozen banana, 1/3 cup frozen bluberries,1/3 cup yogurt, 1/3 cup frozen strawberries, and a little squeeze of honey with 100 percent juice for the liquid. I added 1/3 cup of baby carrots, ( Fruit oversweetens the veggies) It is also a good source of Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Potassium. All ofthese aid in healthy detox.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It is a relief to hear you are doing so good. I am new to this post, since I only found about about suboxone within the past year & it took several months for me to make the decision to go this route. I wasn't on H, though I have tried it years ago...when I say "tried", it was about 3 months & several thousand dollars & I quit cold turkey(yeah it sucked)But as I posted before I was on pills(all of 'em) for years. This time the decision to quit was my mind & body, not running out or not having the money. I live in S. Fl where Roxi's are given freely as long as you are a cash customer, though I truly do have serious back & neck problems. But after years of pills, I would still find myself curled up on the bed screaming in pain, so the meds weren't working, just keeping me from being sick. Thee way I described it to family is like knowing you WILL get H1N1 if you don't take a handful of pills each day, it is kinda hard to allow yourself to be that sick when you know you can stop it. Finally I looked at my life, kids, house(it was falling apart) & said to myself if I don't let this "bug" get out of me I will remain sick forever. This brings me to today, Mothers Day, I followed everyone's advice & cut way down to slivers. Today I took my last piece( I don't want to be sick on yet another holiday) But I have only been taking suboxone for 33 days, I am mortified about the possibility of withdrawals, but if they are gonna come, I am sure it will be less now than in months from now. It gives me much relief & strength to hear your story....so from myself & others who are just looking at posts wondering, we thank you. I have been taking B-12 & stackers(I empty half out b/c of heart palpitations) I am not a big eater, I can't eat a 1/4 of a meal ever, so if you can suggest other vitamins that may help with the lack of energy, please list them as I have 4 kids, ages 13, 8, 5, & 2 that I am trying to keep up with. Thank you so much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The best way is the natural way. Sounds like you have some toxins to get rid of. I dont want to scare you just prepare you that you are your toughest enemy, choose to win and reap the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, I cant tell you some secret weapon to fight it. Just FORCE EVEN SMALL MEALS, I KNOW IT IS HARD BUT YOU SEE AMINO ACIDS AND VITAMINS AND MINERALS ARE CRUCIAL TO HELP THE BODY TO DETOX AND THE BRAIN AS WELL. BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) are found in supplement form (such as powder or pills) you can mix it with water if you wish but maximum absorbtion occurs when food is present. The first two days force 1 walk ( what you can do) and continue to improve each day. Just don't ever look back. Prove to yourself this is a whole new lease on life. I am a 24 year old that used heroin for 1 very addicted year, I am talking ten thousand dollars towards junk. I then began subs and stayed on a low dose for 7 months by then I tapered to .25mg. I relapsed a week into sub detox. Used for a month again on the junk and racked up $3,000 . Went back on sub and took a look in the mirror, I couldn't trust myself. Got back into exercise and taking care of myself with a plan this time. Tapered to only .5mg from 4mg over ten months and I just had this fire within me say at the worst case scenario two weeks of pain and I can redeam my past. I chose not to look back only forward. T hank how great it will be to tell yourself I'm stronger than this burden I have brought on myself. You are your best help show yourself how tough you can be and enjoy each goal on the way. Self Confidence is where building a plan and showing your strength to accomplish is where this battle is won, this has a snowball effect you become unaware of the pain and endure knowing time is on your side you have been given a new lease on life and it is as enjoyable as you make it remember you only live once do it on your terms.