It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: DETOX ADVICE?
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Been on Suboxone for 12+ years at fairly low dose-tried to wean off but could not take the withdrawal symptoms. I feel with the right doctor and medication management- I understand Clonidine and Neurontin help with the withdrawal-I can beat this. Any doctors/facilities that really know what they are doing in NJ or NYC that anyone can recommend? Thanks .

Post subject: Re: DETOX ADVICE?
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yo! I was on for many years at 12mg the whole time. I jumped at 12mg 19 days ago and used hydroxyzine similar to promathezine but amazing for anxiety and is non addicting, and I used clonidine and tons tons tons of exercise from day one and still force run 5 + miles per day spread out. My doc even prescribed a benzo but i didnt even bother' i felt good enough to function publicly by day 7-9 and today at day 19 feel at about 94% meaning amazing! I jumped at a huge dose and would hold it in my mouth at least 2.5 hours. I wouldn't pay mind to anyone saying oh gosh im still in withdrawal at 20+ days. If you just say screw it im doing it and never plan again to do it and have at least clonidine for symptom free sleep with tylenol youll make it no doubt. Oh and i listen to my headphones prett much from morning to night metalcore which also helps so so much to keep you pumped and now dont use any meds even for sleep. A lot of addicts because weve felt awesome for so long we have kinda become wimps when it comes to recovering. Just be tough even though its hard and you'll be great. I feel so much happier off than i was on subs i promise! Sorry of this isnt what you wanted to hear. I was terrified to quit because of the horror stories but i prayed to God and said screw all those who are saying they're suffering even at day 20 and now i am better than ever.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

By the way i personally wouldnt use the meds during the day then you have even worse energy and it feel lile you are 600 plus pounds on top of the suit of armor feeling. I know god and excersize as well as music and my will to be clean was what got me through. As of now I have 0 depressed feelings but maybe that will come later otherwise i get bored but thats good cuz i just go run or be active unlike when id watch tv for 8 hours or more a day while on subs(gained 40lbs on subs and high blood pressure). Now no more meds no high bp no nuthin. Also don't know any good places in ur area but any doctor will prescribe these meds usually st least short term. Good luck your in my prayers.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks Coloradoclean!! Appreciate the encouraging words
Best to you.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:24 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

how low is your dose? can you go lower? what about skipping days? Do you have a current dr?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:45 am 
New Poster
New Poster

2-4 mg / day. Yes I have a dr and get a monthly scrip. I have not tried skipping days. Would you get the dose down first or just go from where I'm at? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:43 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

shloofy1 wrote:
2-4 mg / day. Yes I have a dr and get a monthly scrip. I have not tried skipping days. Would you get the dose down first or just go from where I'm at? Thanks

i think whatever works best for you. i've gotten my dose down to 1mg a day, but i just can't get out of the dosing 2x a day habit. so, i would do one or the other and get stable at that. you could just try skipping one dose a week at first. maybe a day you're super busy and wouldn't notice. there should be enough 1/2 life to get you thru. if it doesn't work just take a tiny piece till you feel ok again.