It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I tried to get off suboxone last year after 5 years of using it but got so depressed (to the point of wanting to die) that i went back to my doctor and begged to go back on it. (i went 3 weeks with nothing) Is this normal? and if so how long does the feeling last?
Im scared to try it again but im also scared that the long term use may be doing me more harm than good. I've been clean from morphine for 5 years. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

From my own experience that is a very normal feeling after being on it so long. Im about to quit here within the next couple weeks after being on it 4 and a half years and Im scared but Im so ready and tired of feeling like shit (not being able to) all the time. It has helped me in ways but I also kind of wish I never heard about it online all those years ago and would of just been forced to cold turkey like I had done many times in the past but anyways I would say that at 3 weeks off you were right at the cusp of maybe feeling pretty bad for a few more days possibly a week and then things would of started to get better day by day. You always have to take into account with subs that even though you will convince yourself you feel withdrawal before 48 hours (usually more like 72-96 hours in some cases) that it is almost always phantom withdrawals or very very light WD if anything so in reality you can't really start counting it like "ok Im one day clean" until about 4 days in which sucks but its true. Just hang in there Im just as scared as you are so at least you know someone else is going through it too but Im so ready that the prospect of freedom and getting back to my body functioning again is starting to outweigh the fear that has been holding me back all this time. I always just try to remember that as scared as I am to take the plunge that no matter how much it sucks and how much I feel like "it will never go away I will never feel not sick again" that its just not true and you ALWAYS eventually start to get better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey good luck with your withdrawl, be good to speak with you in a couple of months see how your'e feeling. I can take the withdrawls physically it was the mental side of it that crushed me but i did take the leap straight off 8mg. I got sick of being at the mercy of my A.D.T. Having to be back home for monday and fridays so i thought sod it im getting off. Looking back i think it was a crazy decision and i should've taperedn down to at least half that dose.
To be honest the physical side of it was a lot less severe than coming off methadone, i really only had one bad night where i was up rocking and being sick it was the depression, it was geting worse and worse. I had the physical side boxed off that isn't a problem. If you have a few vallium, 40 mg and i was fine, you will be sound. It's the mental side thats worrying me.
Hit me back up after you finish your detox let me know how you got on :D