It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: DENVER Area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Please help. I am in the deep dark hole of loneliness and despair that opiates take you to. I need to find a Subutex Dr ASAP in the Denver area that is taking new patients. I have called everyone I have found on the web but none are taking new patients.

This second part of my question may be better suited elsewhere, but I will let one of the mods decide because this has taken about a hour to type on my phone, lol. I have been slamming Diluadid for approx two years now. I keep trying to get way down so I'm ready to dry up for a day when they give me my first dose of Subutex. Problem is I get so sick I'm afraid I'll die at about 8 hours. I cant move and I can barely make sense of my surroundings. I have read over and over I have to go 24 opiate free. Has anyone else been in my boat? What did you do? I want to get on Subs NOW! I'm so afraid I am going to lose my life to this S---t if I don't find a doc quick. Thank you for your help.

I will type my intro when I have access to my computer.

Post subject: Re: DENVER Area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

KansasWheat wrote:
Please help. I am in the deep dark hole of loneliness and despair that opiates take you to. I need to find a Subutex Dr ASAP in the Denver area that is taking new patients. I have called everyone I have found on the web but none are taking new patients.

This second part of my question may be better suited elsewhere, but I will let one of the mods decide because this has taken about a hour to type on my phone, lol. I have been slamming Diluadid for approx two years now. I keep trying to get way down so I'm ready to dry up for a day when they give me my first dose of Subutex. Problem is I get so sick I'm afraid I'll die at about 8 hours. I cant move and I can barely make sense of my surroundings. I have read over and over I have to go 24 opiate free. Has anyone else been in my boat? What did you do? I want to get on Subs NOW! I'm so afraid I am going to lose my life to this S---t if I don't find a doc quick. Thank you for your help.

I will type my intro when I have access to my computer.

Hey Kansanwheat,

I'm sorry you're having trouble finding a doctor. I'm hoping someone in the area will respond with a suggestion. I hate that this happens to people who desperately need the help and want the help but can't get it. It's truly frustrating to hear.

As for the wds, you will not die. I know it feels like it but you'll be ok. The longer you can go the better but even if you don't make it to the 24hr mark, you should just induce. How much dilaudid are you taking to get that sick after just 8 hours? What are your symptoms? Precipitated wds are truly the worst so try and hold on or as long as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I dont know if you meant to say SUBOXONE doctor.. you said SUBUTEX.. finding a doctor to prescribe subutex is alot harder than finding one to prescribe suboxone.. If I was you I would call every doctor in the phone book and ask, also you can google "suboxone doctors in Denver" and see what that brings up.. sorry I dont have more advice for you, hopefully someone will come along who can better help you. I wish you the best though and hope you find someone soon.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ Great point beautifullmess.

I don't know any docs that will still prescribe subutex. Make sure you are asking for suboxone specifically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:37 am 

I believe my doctor still has openings in his suboxone program. His name is Dr. Aldreas Edrich. He is an awesome doctor!

This is the practice's website: http://www.hhfamilymedicine.com/Site/Home.html

I hope you have some success in getting in touch with him!

Amy

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I said Subutex because I had my second spinal surgery just three weeks ago so pain control is important. If something happens and I need to get back on a stronger pain med I don't need to deal with WDs. On the other hand I believe I will get the pain relief I need from Subs so after a few more months of healing and tapering I'll switch to Suboxone. I have had chronic pain for about three years so I must consider it or I am afraid I might relapse.

Lastly, I have read so much that I think I need to throw some of it up, lol. The one comment I have read several times, including from Dr. Junig is that once an opiate addict always an opiate addict. I don't believe it because I know two people personally who quit and have never relapsed, 7 and 10 years off. I guess I am confident I can quit and never use again.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
I believe my doctor still has openings in his suboxone program. His name is Dr. Aldreas Edrich. He is an awesome doctor!

This is the practice's website: http://www.hhfamilymedicine.com/Site/Home.html

I hope you have some success in getting in touch with him!

Amy

I went to see this Dr. today and I was very impressed. The staff treated me with respect and Dr Edrich was great. He took the time to actually listen to my questions and concerns and discussed each of them with me.
I give the Dr and the staff two snaps up in a circle!
Amy thank you for posting or I never would have found him.

Andy

Post subject: Re: DENVER Area
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:36 pm 

I'm so glad you found Dr. Edrich! I have had nothing but support and good relationships with his practice. I mostly see Nicci, Dr. Edrich's PA, now. They have worked with me when I was going to be on vacation to make sure I have enough medication. I can do phone call appointments with them if I need to. I have chronic headaches/migraines, so they have worked with me to find medications that help. I only wish their practice was in my neighborhood!

If you don't mind me asking, did you end up signing up to have an induction on suboxone, or another buprenorphine product? I knew next to nothing when I was inducted in October 2011. Dr. Edrich had me go without opiates for 48 - 72 hours before induction, which I know now is quite a long detox period. But he did give me prescriptions for clonidine and xanax for during the withdrawal.

I hope you have a successful relationship with his practice! :)

Amy