It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello All, Its Greg again, well Thursday i got my 14 teeth extracted and my partial plates made, I did iv sedation without the fentynol and it went great I was able to survive thus far on the motrin, But i also had another surgery i had to get done this morning(friday the next day) I had a tumor/growth mass on my upper left pec muscle...they made me stop taiking my suboxone for 2 days becuase they ivd fentanyl with the sedation and i got more fentynol when i woke up, however i didnt really get high or anything it just took the pain away completely and woke me right up, i remember eating the patches in the good old days and getting wasted, tomorrow im back on the suboxone......I take 8mg a day, i experienced no withdrawl for the 2 days i wasnt on it Everything went great im just waiting to here the news from the biopsy in a few days, im a healthy 28 year old male and cancer has never run in my family so we will wait and see, I just thought id post my surgical experiences with you guys.....,if you have any questions feel free to ask me!!!!

Good bye and Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:29 pm 

A little "Get Well" wishes for you after such a traumatic surgery. You are so young to be going through that kind of surgery, but with your age you should heal faster, yes? I would think so.

It's good to hear how well the pain management went because as you probably already know, that is a fairly common question we have posted here.

Hope you feel better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the GET WELLS, Yes im pretty young but the dental operation was my choice to get rid of the decayed teeth that the drugs had destroyed, it was purely cosmetic....you start to become a little more self concious when your sober now, and the Growth/Mass surgery, I thought was a cyst at first but the surgeon told me otherwise that it was a mass and its pretty common,it didnt hurt, it was just alittle noticeable under my niipple and i wanted to get it out to be safe and also it didnt look attractive lol, believe it or not he said marijuana can cause tissue growths like that but the reasoning was unsure why it grew.....I never knrew that I smoked heavily for about 11 years straight 4 to 5 cigars a day, but ive been Pot free for about 18 months and drug free for about 7 months. THanks again for the replies!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:07 am 
New Poster
New Poster

After surgery, your jaw muscles may be sore and it may be hard to open your mouth for up to seven to 10 days. Your jaw muscles may have become stiff and sore from holding your mouth open during surgery. If your jaw muscles are not too sore, massage them gently with a warm, moist facecloth. Eat foods that are easy to chew such as eggs, pasta and bananas. Have drinks like milk shakes, milk and juices. Call your dentist or oral surgeon if, after seven to 10 days, your jaw muscles are still tender or if your mouth is still hard to open. Do not force your mouth open. Do not chew gum or eat hard or chewy foods. Do not have drinks like coffee and tea.