It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Been on sub for 5 months at 6mgs, rarely ever needing 8 unless it is an extremely stressful day. I dose twice a day 4mg in the am 2mg in the pm every day around the same time.

I had a back tooth extracted yesterday, today I feel like I am on the verge of wd which makes no sense. I'm not in wd just not comfortable, I definitely cant sleep. I feel like it could be bad absorption because I usually produce barely any saliva at all when taking sub but each time today I ended up with a mouth completely full of spit 3 times. 4mg in the am, didn't feel like my usual morning dose, 2mg a little early at 3pm, started feeling even worse, and even after an additional 2mg (bringing the total to 8mg today) I still do not feel myself. I feel very restless and irritable my legs are hurting and heart is pounding and I feel no relief from that extra 2mg. I really do not want to take any more, my max dose a day is supposed to be 8 but another 2mg wouldn't kill me and I have plenty. But is that just my drug addicted brain trying to play tricks on me?

If anyone can help me understand what is going on I'd really appreciate it. I don't know if this is related to the dental work or the unusually large amount of saliva produced each time but I sure do feel uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I was finally able to get an hour or two of sleep. Going to try to take my morning dose in the upper left cheek away from the extraction site, hopefully I will feel better. This is one thing that frustrates me about subs and I'm sure is frustrating for others too, how do I know I've absorbed the correct dose? With variations in absorption and the way the film is cut is there any way to tell? I think the main problem is I'm over thinking it, I just need to not blame every bad day on whether or not my sub dose gets absorbed all the way or not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Answered my own question. Much better absorption when held in left cheek opposite extraction site. It seems like the bupe causes more saliva production when it is near the site. Idk if anyone else has experienced a lessening of absorption while undergoing dental work (I have 2 root canals scheduled on the 10) but if anyone has try holding the sub(saliva) as far away from the operation site as possible. At least that is what works for me everyone is different.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:45 pm 

Hi MS,

Sorry you had to answer your own questions but you did a good job of it! We've never discussed absorption issues with dental work so that's why no one responded I guess. If I've ever had a problem with all my Suboxone being absorbed then I didn't feel any different at the time.

If I'm salivating too much then I put it up inside my gums where it will dissolve very slowly. Or if it causes a mouth sore then I do the same thing. Another reason for putting it up top is if I know I'm going to need to talk. That way, it never gets in the way of trying to speak. You don't need to focus on it at all being tucked up tight in my gums.

Other than those two methods I've never tried it any other way. Some members have started topics about getting the most absorption out of their film or tablet but to me that doesn't make much sense. If there is a problem, talk to your doctor and up the dose. Problem solved. Why someone would go to all the trouble of putting it in places where it's not intended makes me wonder if they really are into recovery or just doing addict behavior. That doesn't include those who are tapering and trying to get the most out of a limited amount. Those reasons are very clear and have a good reason for seeking better absorption.

Nothing beats Ibuprofen or Aleve for dental pain IMO. When I had all four wisdom teeth pulled I only took one dose of Motrin. That's it. Amazing how well it works for pain.

Hope you recover nicely and pain free. Good job figuring it all out.