It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

C_f=C_0*(0.5)^(t/t_2 ) where C_f = final suboxone concentration; C_0 = initial suboxone concentration; t = time transpired (in hours); t_2 = half life duration of suboxone (in hours). So ,for example, let’s say you take 8mg on day 1 and want to know how much suboxone is in your system after 24 hours: C_0 = 8mg, t = 24 hours (i.e. 1 day), which is divided by t_2 – the half-life of suboxone (i.e. 36 hours). Thus, we plug these values into the formula and get: C_f = 8*(0.5)^(24/36). The final concentration (C_f) of suboxne after 24 hours then is 5.04mg.
*note the ^ symbol means “raised-to-the-power-of”
I found this formula very helpful in determing how much suboxone will be in my system after a given number of “t” (hours or days) relative to my daily suboxone dose for purposes of tapering. The beauty of the formula is that you can enter any “t” value and/or initial concentration (“C_0”) to determine exactly how much suboxone you have in your system if/when you decided to jump. For example, if you take a daily dose of 8mg, you will level off at a steady 21.6 mg in your system at around day 16 (assuming your dose is a constant value).
The formula really proves its strength if you plug it into an excel spreadsheet. This way you just plug in the values for daily dose and all the math will work itself out in excel for as many days out as you want to calculate your suboxone levels.
I have copied a link to Google Docs where my excel chart can be seen and used by simply adding your values to the respective columns. Columns 1 and 2 are self explanatory. The “residual” value represents what is left in your system after a given period of “t” – in this case t = 24hours (1 day) and is always calculated by applying the above formula (C_0*(0.5)^(24/36) to the previous day’s “sub level” which in the example below is 8mg for day 1, 13.04mg for day 2, etc., etc. The “Sub level” column is simply the sum of columns 2&3.

Here is the link; you must download this Google document as an excel file berfore you can change any values:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

Last edited by Sublime3stylee on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have added a link to the original post where the spreadsheet can be seen in G-docs. It must be downloaded for you to be able to manipulate the values in the spreadsheet, however.