It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all,
So it's about day 23 i believe. I'm having ups and downs still getting tired very easy but that's life hey! I have to start getting used to it. I also need to eat far more healthy things! Just the basic adult stuff i should have been doing all along LOL! Some days I feel a sense of accomplishment for getting through and that's ok for now.
I hope everyone is doing well :)
Manz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:34 pm 

Day 23 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

That's awesome Manz! Very happy that ur doing so well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:31 pm 

Thanks for the update!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

the tired thing lasted a long time for me, although I continued to train 3-4 hours a day it caught up with me recently. it gets like 1% better every day now . as long as I sleep good not to affected

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:46 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jennjenn wrote:
Cats have an amazing calming effect....well a grown cat probably a kitten would be more hyper lol.

My cat, Furr lol, just chills out with me all the time. He sleeps a lot but it's so comfortable just knowing he's there. My son told me that ppl who own a cat have less risk for a heart attack. I have no idea if that's true because he's 10 but that's what he told me :)

well, just petting a cat can lower your blood pressure and anxiety, so i would have to agree with your son!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all,
Sorry i haven't been on here, my depression came back hard core for a while. It's difficult to tell where the depression ends/begins and where the withdrawal symptoms end/begin if that makes sense. I've been sleeping all the time, even fell asleep in front of my computer at work last week!
I've gone to 20mgs of Lexapro and beginning to feel better.
Thanks for everyone posting. I appreciate it a lot.
Manz x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I want to exercise but have no energy yet. I know things have to get better. One good thing is that I've had no cravings at all :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:08 pm 

Hey Manz, sorry to hear that you've been struggling with depression. That is so hard. I've read a statistic recently that 60% of addicts have a co-occurring mental disorder. Depression and anxiety are the most common.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Hey Manz, sorry to hear that you've been struggling with depression. That is so hard. I've read a statistic recently that 60% of addicts have a co-occurring mental disorder. Depression and anxiety are the most common.

Amy

Right? I think most of us were self-medicating for something!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi guys, yes I fully agree and can see where the alcohol and drugs became coping mechanisms and maladaptive behaviors for me.
I'm feeling better but it's still there. Not enjoying work and sleeping a LOT! But I've gone back to my psych, taking my antidepressants and trying to see at least 1 friend on a weekend - or my family.
It's been 2 months since I've been off suboxone now. Still no craving at all. And i know I'll get there eventually.
Thank you. Manz :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all, I thought I would post quickly as it's been 3 months off sub! So my depression is under control which this time I didn't think was possible- but I'm back at my boxing class and seeing friends and family. I'm actually back to being me again! The me that was on suboxone but now just not taking it anymore - the real me! I'm so thankful for subs as it proved to me that i can cope with all the situations that I've been through while i was on it for 2 and a half years.
My sleep is still a bit off - but I've always liked sleeping. I sleep a bit too much and love my naps on a weekend but that will slowly reduce I'm certain.
I'm really happy with myself AND I'm reducing my cigarettes at the moment - down from 20 a day to just 2 today!
So things are really good.
I hope every one is doing well in their journey. X
Manz :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:51 am 

Wow I wish I could get to 2 cigarettes a day!!! That's awesome Manz! Great job.

So glad u updated and I hope u continue to update. It's so great to read a positive update!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:42 am 

Great to read about your progress, manz! Especially glad to hear that your depression is under control!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jennjenn wrote:
Wow I wish I could get to 2 cigarettes a day!!! That's awesome Manz! Great job.

So glad u updated and I hope u continue to update. It's so great to read a positive update!

right? i didn't smoke "full time" till i started subs. need to quit those next.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all,
So I'm finding the sneezing thing hilarious! I still sneeze at least once a day - how weird and bizarre, it's like my nose has to make up for lost time or something - 3 and a half months on and still sneezing LOL!
It has almost been 2 weeks since I've had a cigarette! I think my smoking increased while on suboxone too. Im looking forward to saving money!
I hope you're all doing well :)
Manz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So nice to hear from you manz. That is a funny story about the sneezing. I don't recall sneezing much at all while on Subs but now that I am down to almost nothing, I have had a few sneezing fits. Congratulations for quitting smoking. That is a huge accomplishment. Your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all,
Just updating, feeling good, I've not had a cigarette in over 5 weeks! I'm exercising. I'm reading and getting so much enjoyment from it. I traveled to Sydney last week for a few nights. I'm still low on energy but really feel I'm going well. My cat missed me while i was away LOL! Probably not as much as i missed him! :)
Starting to think about traveling over seas next year. Things are going well for me.
I hope everyone is going ok and living well :)
Manz

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 am 

Great job Manz!!!!

I'm so happy for u! Ur such an inspiration to me :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all, so it's been 6 months. There continues a battle in my mind about reality, how difficult life is at times and not wanting to have to be here but at the same time wanting to be happy, read, see my nieces and not upset any family or friends by hurting myself. I dream I use every single night - I've always remembered my dreams - it used to be great but currently its driving me nuts!
I'm semi coping but if this is what life is like not "on something" do I want to keep going? Or is this another phase in coming off suboxone?
Sorry to get depressing. I would like to give people hope and strength and I'm sure if I wasn't prone to poor mental health I'd be doping a lot better. I suppose I'm still coming to terms with all the changes over they last year.
I hope everyone else is doing well. I just wanted to let people know that there might be a "honeymoon stage" after you get off subs - even the honey moon stage is hard, but now life is real. Think I need motivation!
Manz :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:24 am 

Hey Super, you ll always be Mando to me.
I just read ypur thread here from January till today. You ve done very well these last two years. But are ya happy most of the time. Some of the time. Maybe happy is the wroug term. Satisfied?
This world we live in today makes it hard at times to deal with our own problems and fears. It does for me anyway.
As for our brains, can we produce enough dopamine without outside help to live as others do? After opiate s ? Idk..

You ve come aloug loug way Manz.. You seem to be doing all the right things. I guess finding out if we can live a normal life is the real fight. Im on sub today and for the last 6 1/2 years . For the good or the bad of it im doing fine. It is the little things in life that make me happy today.

Keep up the good work.. we're always hear for you .

Razor

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next