It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:19 am 

That sounds so great manz, I totally got a mental picture of everyone drinking tea with runny noses ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ha ha! Yeah, it was like that jenn - but with cake as well!

Tonight I've felt something that I hadn't felt in a long time.
I have my bupe tablets set out for tomorrow morning and I had a really fleeting thought of taking a bit tonight - I didn't of course, but I can see that addiction is a life long illness that I'll always have with me.
I haven't had any cravings for years because of suboxone, but I can see that's about to change.
My life seems so good at the moment, why do this to myself - well - because I want my life. Honestly, and I think I've said this before, if they gave us monthly scripts in australia like it sounds like they do in the US, I'd probably stay on suboxone, but they don't, and i want to travel, I want to get to work on time without excuses, I want to spend the weekend away at family and friend's houses without having to run to my pharmacist to get my suboxone in the morning.
I'm going to think positive, know that I can never turn back but also need to take into consideration that I'll always have this illness of addiction - and I need to act accordingly and proceed with caution.

That's my thought for the day x

Manz :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:11 pm 

I totally agree, Manz. The reason I have freedom is because of the way buprenorphine prescriptions are set up in the states. I can take my buprenorphine just like I take my omeprazole. One a day and pick up my new prescription every month. I can totally understand that Australia's dosing rules are so prohibitive that I would probably want to stop as well.

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Amy,

I'm on antidepressants, if i could pick suboxone up the way i pick my monthly antidepressant up, I probably wouldn't be doing this.

And that slight fleeting thought i had last night about taking a bit more at night, I just wanted to be honest and record it here so i know what I'm up against when I'm going through tough times i need to remind myself that yes, it will be tough, but I have made this decision for me and I want to be completely honest throughout this process for myself and maybe to help someone else one day.

I think the adjustment from the strip to the tablet has knocked me around a bit, but I feel settled again now which I'm thankful for.

And my cold is all coming up and out and i can breathe through my nose again and feeling pretty ok!

Thanks for your support fellow posters!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tomorrow I go down to 1.2mgs!

Trying not to think too much about it. I'll let everyone know how i go. I'm taking a spare tablet with me to work just in case but it is my last day at work tomorrow for several weeks so I'm hoping today's dose will still be in me for tomorrow - that makes sense yeah? Lol!

Wish me luck and no more colds!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So i took my lower dose of 1.2mgs today, felt a bit ill after a cigarette but I think I was just hungry because I feel better again now.
I took a few hours of toil off of work, so now I'm on holidays for 3 and a half weeks. I also kinda feel better when i don't have to concentrate on anything for too long. But that's probably just because I've been working so hard over the last few months.
Anyway, all good at the moment. And hopefully tomorrow will be good too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:12 am 

I'm glad for you that you're on holiday now and can relax. That often helps. If you find yourself obsessing over how you're feeling minute to minute, however, find something to do that occupies more of your time.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Amy,

That is very good advice! Thank you :)

I definitely tend towards thinking too much about things, so I'll keep busy for sure - in a relaxed way LOL!

Manz:)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all,

Just wanted to note that i was on 1mg for 2 days and .8mgs today and for a few more days.

I've found im really tired but can still do things. My stomach is a bit upset and I'm not craving food anymore - not craving sugar like i was when i was on much higher dose.

I've got lots of vitamins like zinc, calcium, magnesium and i got a nutribullet for Christmas! So I'm looking forward to getting fresh fruits and veggies when the shops open again!

Hope everyone is safe over the holidays.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Feeling good today so tomorrow I'll go down to .6mgs rather than jumping from .8 to .4 - smoother transition!

I'm feeling hopeful and grateful for good friends and family. Things are going to be ok :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:58 am 

I hope you're doing well still, Manz!

I do want to check on you, but it is actually good for you to have time away from the forum, so I almost didn't post, not wanting you to be drawn back to thinking about how you're feeling. That can become a little obsessive when you're tapering.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Amy,

Yes, still doing well and on .4mgs today after being on .6 for 2 days.

I've been doing lots of craft, netflix, playing with my cat and keeping occupied with xmas and the family.

Thank you for checking in, it means a lot :)

Manz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:48 pm 

I love crafting! Over the holidays I did some crafting with pinecones and the clear glass balls u hang on ur tree.....very stress relieving. Another thing I love doing is working with oven bake clay, I made flower pots and all kinds of neat things. Anyway lol just wanted to say that crafts are great. Also I have several plants and succulents that i love taking care of....if I like that, it's also a great hobby :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey jenn, that's exactly what I've been doing - polymer clay in the oven, making necklaces. I'm happy with only 1 so far! Lol! I have lots of crafty stuff to play with so I'm very lucky!
.4mgs again today! Went to see my family this morning and feeling good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've made it through day 1 of no bupe/suboxone with the help of lots of gastro stop, washing my hair (some thing i put off at the best of times LOL) and generally taking it easy, I made it through the first day. I even got to the chemist this morning for hydrolite - for dehydration.
It's been a warm day here today but the cool night breeze is beautiful!
I experienced some anxiety this morning but it tappered off once I started moving around the house, shower, clean up after the cat LOL! He's my little gem at the moment.
I hope every one is doing well :)
Manz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:59 am 

Cats have an amazing calming effect....well a grown cat probably a kitten would be more hyper lol.

My cat, Furr lol, just chills out with me all the time. He sleeps a lot but it's so comfortable just knowing he's there. My son told me that ppl who own a cat have less risk for a heart attack. I have no idea if that's true because he's 10 but that's what he told me :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Today is day 7!
Had anxiety going back to boxing but my mum gave me great advice! Everything I've done while on suboxone is familiar, safe and comfortable - best advice because it broke through that anxiety. And it's true, everything i did before while on suboxone, I can keep doing.
Last night i slept solid from 9pm til 4.30am.
Tomorrow I'm taking the left over sub back to the chemist.
Don't get me wrong, it's tough and I'm tired but exercising really helps, seeing my family helps and the more i get out and do what i would normally do, the better I'll be.
I can do this!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Today i went back to work, it was nerve racking and tough but I did it! I'm still very low on energy, not sleeping great but not sleeping badly. It's been about 15 days off suboxone. I still need gastro stop most days but I'm holding some food down.
Good news is things will get better!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You are doing well!! That truly is inspiring!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:17 am 

Keep going Manz, if anyone can do it I can!! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next