It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am on suboxone due to a year and a half heroin addiction. I have other issues that I feel like need to be addressed but my new doctor says no. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety. My last doctor had me on suboxone, effexor and 1 mg of klonopin. I don't have a ride to go to that doctor so I had to switch. My exhusband sexually assaulted my daughter which caused me to eventually to fall into depression and anxiety to the point of misery. I eventually started to abuse heroin just to feel at least nothing. I am 43 years old and had never had an addiction to anything. My new doctor will not prescribe any benzodiazepines but will allow it. No doctor in this region will prescribe this combination usually except they make few exceptions. I have tried everything for my anxiety other medicines meditation etc nothing helps. I shake all over and cannot function most of the time. It gets so bad I cannot leave my house. I'm scared and upset. I finally felt better and had started to leave my house and go back to my profession. I am finally clean and in good mental health again and now all that will slip away. I have tried to do without klonopin but I eventually slip back to being frozen with fear anxiety and at times out right panic. The suboxone clinic is expensive with the money I pay them I could just go to the street and treat myself cheaper. I want to be legal but these clinics are making it so hard. I am so frustrated...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:55 am 

Hello sami (I shortened ur name because I couldn't remember the spelling). Welcome. So so sorry to hear about ur child being abused sexually. I can't even express into words how u must have felt. Prayers with u and ur child.

Yes clinics are expensive, especially if ur like us who has no insurance (I pay cash also). Even though I can understand how that thought of 'it's just as cheap or cheaper to just get my medication from the street' it's not the best way to go at all. I don't know if ur doctor is a psychiatrist and/or ur clinic has provided meetings, but if they do then that's a huge reason to stick with ur doctor. Part of recovery is working on it through counseling and meetings of some kind. Yes we can take buprenorphine and just leave it at that but that's not working on ur recovery. Bupe is just a tool.

Another reason to stick with a doctor is of course ur medicine. Ur not going to always find something on the street. The ppl who are selling their medicine on the street, they obviously aren't doing what their doctor is telling them to do or they wouldn't be selling it. These ppl could get kicked out of their clinic or doctor at any day. Plus u not having a legal script and being caught with buprenorphine is an automatic trip to jail. Going to that dealer is still addict behavior. Ur not changing anything but the medication ur buying doing it that way. If there's a time that the suboxone isn't there, there could be something else there. If ur sick then ur going to be very tempted to buy anything to keep u out of withdrawal. There's a huge domino effect that could happen by getting ur medication off the street. Please don't do that if u have a doctor.

I don't personally know about what to take or try concerning ur depression and I'm sure that's an awful thing to be dealing with especially in recovery and I'm sure it'll take a good doctor to get ya there. If ur unhappy with ur current doctor, look for another one and another one and another until u finally find one that is good for u. I know that sounds like so much work but ur life is VERY worth the fight. We have several members here on the forum that suffers with depression, hopefully they'll give u some advice.

I'm so glad u joined the forum. Please stick around.

Ps... sorry if my thoughts are a bit sporadic during this post, I'm at my mothers while her kitchen floor is being re-tiled and there's a lot going on :) I'm not always scatter brained.