It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Dec 21, 2012
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just wondering what is everyones thought on this date and will this be the end of life as we know it? Kind of scary to me cause this isn't some computer problem like y2k. This is real shit going on in the universe. I hope this shit isn't gonna happen cause I don't care about myself its my kids that bothers me. Maybe I've been reading to much Into it but I found a lot of the facts made a lot of sence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have no idea what you are talking about Ronnie :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I looked it up and I'm going with Wikipedia in that it doesn't really mean anything....

2012 phenomenon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Part of a series on
Eschatology
Christian eschatology[show]Bibical texts
Book of Revelation
Book of Daniel
Olivet discourse
Sheep and Goats
Major figures
Jesus
Two Witnesses
Four Horsemen
Antichrist
Different views
Preterism
Idealism
Historicism
Futurism
Millennial Differences
Premillennialism
Amillennialism
Postmillennialism
Other Events
Chronology of Revelation
Rapture
Seven Seals
Jesus' Second Coming

Last Judgment

Islamic eschatology[show]Places
Akhirah
As-Sirāt
Barzakh
'Adhab Ul Qabr
Jannah
Jahannam
Kaʿbah
Trees of Jahannam
Major Figures
Ad Dajjāl
Dabbat Al Ard
Dhul Suwayqatayn
Jesus
Masih
Imam Mahdī
Muhammad
Ya'jūj and Ma'jūj
Sufyani
The Angels
'Azra'il
Israfil
Kirâman Kâtibîn
Maalik
Munkar & Nakir
Ridwan
Zabaniyah
The Events
Ghazwa-e-hind
Fitnah
Second Coming
Resurrection

Yawm al-Qiyāmah

Jewish eschatology[show]The Messiah
Book of Daniel
Hindu eschatology[show]Hindu eschatology Kalki
Kali Yuga

Shiva

Zoroastrian eschatology[show]Frashokereti (eschatology)
Saoshyant
Inter-religious[show]End times
Apocalypticism
2012 phenomenon
Millenarianism
Last Judgment
Resurrection of the Dead
Gog and Magog
Messianic Age
v • d • e

A date inscription for the Mayan Long CountThe 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012,[1][2][3] which is said to be the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae related to this date have been proposed, but none have been accepted by mainstream scholarship.

A New Age interpretation of this transition posits that during this time, Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era.[4] Others suggest that the 2012 date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe. Scenarios posited for the end of the world include the Earth's collision with a passing planet (often referred to as "Nibiru") or black hole, or the arrival of the next solar maximum.

Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea that a catastrophe will happen in 2012, stating that predictions of impending doom are found neither in classic Maya accounts nor in contemporary science. Mainstream Mayanist scholars state that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history.[3][5] The modern Maya, on the whole, have not attached much significance to the date, and the classical sources on the subject are scarce and contradictory, suggesting that there was little if any universal agreement among them about what, if anything, the date might mean.[6]

Astronomers and other scientists have rejected the apocalyptic forecasts, on the grounds that the anticipated events are precluded by astronomical observations, or are unsubstantiated by the predictions that have been generated from these findings.[7] NASA has compared fears about 2012 to those about the Y2K bug in the late 1990s, suggesting that an adequate analysis should preclude fears of disaster.[7]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Come on you never heard of dooms day 2012? Really?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nope. I had no idea what you were talking about. I watched that movie 2012 :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i heard about this. honestly it gives me a good laugh i could be wrong and its the end of time but hey im 22 and i live a good life so be it god has a plan for everyone and this could be his plan for all of us. but to think this will happen i dont know isnt it some oldschool tribe that peps in lab coats were looking at an they predicted it to be the end of time.

but u never know nastrodomus said 2 big birds to fly into to big buildings and 9/11 happen so anything is possiable. but to be scard noway dont let this ruin the last 2 years of your life lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just read into to much shit when I'm bored I don't believe it all but some yes. Just crazy how some things come true that have been predicted a long long long time ago. just makes you think sometimes that anything could happen and we have no control.

Post subject: LOL!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Really?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Really what? Speak up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Maybe thats why our government is spending money like there is no tomorrow. HA! There isn't going to be a tomorrow. Sick burn China. Y'all got punked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I wish I only knew half of what the government knows. They don't let us know shit!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Ronnie let me give you a piece of advice my grandfather gave me years ago. Simple but it has made sense of any nonsense Ive had to deal with over the years. "Believe nothing that you read and only half of what you see". A little critical thinking goes a long way! Personally I have never heard of this 2012 BS and I can tell you for certain that is exactly what it is BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Umm 911, hurricane Katrina, the great tsunami that killed how many people? They were all predicted even this economy was predicted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not saying the earth will end but something tragic is sure to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with Joseph on this one. Anecdotal evidence after the fact does not scientific evidence make. I don't happen to believe in such predictions or doom and gloom. Life is full of choice and opportunities. I don't believe in fate or destiny. When people want to believe something they're more apt to see that which they expect to see. No disrespect intended, just throwing my two cents out there.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

After the fact? A lot of this stuff was predicted thousands of years ago and that's a fact. People can believe whatever they want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ronnie,

To add to what Jack said:

I went to Belize last year. While there, I had the opportunity to spend the day in country with a guide of Mayan origin. Because my husband and I were the only ones on the tour, he took us "off ht beaten path". One thing we got to do was talk with several Mayans that live in Belize (our guide translated as they spoke). We talked about the 2012 thing. This actually has its origins in the Mayan calender, which was one of the first calendars created. We take the calendar for granted, but it was a really amazing invention and required a lot of math to create. The calendar that they created wasn't perfect, so it had an end point; a place where everything started over. This has something to do with the lack of leap year and not having months with different numbers of days in them (like 30 in September and 31 in December, etc). I didn't really get that part (hey, I was using at the time, so we're lucky I remember this much :roll: ). Anyway, the end of their calendar is 2012....it is when "time ends" (this is how we translated it....thus, we think of the end of ALL time).

The Mayans believe that this will be a time of renewal (like how western culture celebrated the new millennium as a time to start over and make the really big resolutions). It is more ceremonial than anything else.

That was the gist of the conversation, and I may not have all the facts straight. But, this much I know, when I asked the question, the Mayan guys LAUGHED OUT LOUD. Apparently, they get this question all the time from the crazy American tourists.

I really think this is a "lost in translation" thing....but, if I'm wrong, you owe me an "I told you so" when we get to wherever we all go when we die (depending on your religious or lack of religious point of view) :D

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:18 pm 
12-21-12 is the end of the Mayan "long calendar", which also corresponds with endings predicted in other cultural traditions in India and the middle east. Many who have studied Mayan culture and the calendars feel that it signifies the "end of an age", not necessarily the "end of the world" or the destruction of humankind. I, for one, hope it is the end of an age, the age of greed, consumption, materialism and the ugly side of our unsustainable culture.
I spent most of my adult life in the science world, so I'm a skeptic. I do think it's interesting, however, the sheer number of severe earhquakes recently, plus a tidal wave and volcanic activity. If I were inclined to beleive the end is near, there sure is a lot of "evidence" that could be used to bolster the arguement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:55 am 
New Poster
New Poster

No need to worry about the worlds end.because it should happen on one day. we have to do good things it will help us if there any judgment of god after the world end.