It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is my first time here been reading alot of what you all had to say.I have been on 40mg methadone for a year now and would like to stop taking them.I first started with hydro's 10/325 after severe broken foot took alot of those then switched to methadone to get off hydro's is suboxone a good idea for me tried to quit on my own don't need to tell you how that worked out thanks for all you people going through the same thing willing to help other's god bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tkrocks and welcome! It sure sounds like you're ready for suboxone treatment. I have zero experience or knowledge about methadone. I've just read about many people (on this site) who have successfully inducted onto Suboxone from methadone. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

We're glad you're here and again, welcome - I think you'll find this forum full of very supportive people.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for your support already been reading all day i now have appointment next thursday feeling a little scared . So thanks for any advice

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did the doctor or his staff tell you what to expect for your induction? You'll need to be in mild-to-moderate withdrawals before you start suboxone. Most inductions are done in the doctor's office - in other words they'll administer your doses under their supervision. All doctors are different though. If they haven't told you anything, perhaps you should consider calling them and simply asking them what their induction procedure is like. My induction wasn't typical so I'm unable to give you more specific information. Many people have made the transition from methadone to suboxone successfully, so hold on to that. Soon you'll be in the next phase of your recovery - maybe think of it like that.

Good luck and please keep us posted on how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:30 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi tkrocks,
I would also like to say welcome..... I have found this Forum to be a BIG part of my Recovery! I can share a little about my induction as it was pretty standard stuff.. I was a Heavy Oxycodone User 300 -350 mgs / day when I got straight with my Dr. and he set me up with a Suboxone Dr. THANK GOD.... I can't advise about the transition from methadone to Suboxone I have never been on it and have NO first hand knowledge of anyone who has.. But when I started my Suboxone therapy I had to be 24 - 36 hrs OFF of my DOC. I did as told and went in to my apt. in moderate w/d's and in pretty tough shape...., I was given 2 mgs of Suboxone every 11/2 hrs. for a total of 12 -14 mgs that first day....And I was on my way out of the Madness!!!! I am now on 16 mgs a day and have been for about 14 months. With the Medication and my counseling I am able to function at a pretty normal pace. I just wanted to give you a little heads up as to how it works. If you have any questions or would like some more info please feel free to let me know. I'm sure you will hear from some people that have come off the same thing you are trying to and they can give you more of an idea what to expect... I wish you the best and please keep in touch with us out here on the forum so we can see how you are doing....
Take Care

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes the Dr explained it to me very well he is having me come in a day before i start to get to know me and answer all my questions. He also said because i have oxy's and methadone to stop taking methadone because it longer acting and harder to time withdrawal period.Thanks for all support it is really nice to have. I will keep updating as i go along thanks to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 am 
Hello tk and welcome! It sounds like you're on the right track. I don't know much about Methadone either but the little bit I do know tells me your doctor is probably advising you properly. I know transitioning from Methadone to Sub is a good bit more tricky than switching from other opiates. I think it will be smoother to have been off the Methadone for at least several days before your Sub induction.
I'm really hopeful, as I'm sure you are too, that this will go well for you and that you'll feel better once you get stable on Sub. It has made a huge difference in my life!
Keep us posted on how it goes and good luck!