It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 pm 
This is not from me. It's simply some more information for the unbias human being to read. Not the over glorified sub cured my cancer kinda crap people spit out 24/7. Understand not everyone receives the same benefits you receive. This is for the ones who remain silent since they don't wanna crap on anyone miracle.

I would kindly like to inform you of serious issues that have occurred to me from use of your product.

That:

1) I received serious side-effects from long-term use of Suboxone/Subutex that profoundly impaired the enjoyment of my life, and that my doctor and your literature dismissed it as trivial, when it was anything but.

2) That the withdrawal syndrome from Suboxone/Subutex was far more severe than your literature lead me or any doctor who has treated me to believe, despite thousands of user reports of a similar nature, which are now dismissed or deleted by buprenorphine-promotion websites.

3) The withdrawal syndrome lasted for over a year, something deemed impossible by your company, yet symptoms persisting well beyond a month of Suboxone/Subutex discontinuance are the standard reported by users, with serious protracted syndromes like mine also frequently reported by users (usually termed "PAWS" by those experiencing them, a woefully inadequate term users had to adopt from alcohol - since places like NAABT state that "PAWS" is brain changes from addictive behavior and not from physical dependence, and thus Suboxone CAN'T cause "PAWS", then "PAWS" would be a total misnomer here - I was in protracted sub-acute physical withdrawal for over a year.)

4) The extremely long-lasting state-of-mind withdrawal symptoms from Suboxone - something I never experienced through plenty of opiate withdrawal - brought me an inch away from taking my own life. This has also been hesitantly reported by numerous users. I got lucky, but from a business standpoint, you should probably keep people inpatient until the risk of suicide is ruled out by qualified doctors.

5) The year long withdrawal syndrome from Subutex/Suboxone caused far more serious complications than being an active drug addict. I would be homeless if not for support by family members, because I was unable to work. I was totally unable to drive a car (by any medical measure) due to impaired focus/concentration and anxiety for nearly 6 months after discontinuance of your product, and thus was housebound. If there was a class-action suit against you, I would join in just to recover my lost wages, since I am not the "pain-and-suffering" type.

6) That I'd rather be a "real" drug-addict than ever, ever take your product again, but luckily am doing great with sobriety, against all odds - because of your product.

7) Discontinuance of your product made the original obstacle of addiction to short-acting opiates look like a walk in the park. Issues of relapse even seems like a minor problem compared to a year of misery, or being in life-long treatment with your product - not that I didn't relapse on your product anyway - it just took longer.

8) Your product did absolutely nothing to help me overcome being a drug addict whatsoever. Ever. In any conceivable way or connotation.

9) That I would have never discontinued your product at all (which is the inevitable goal) if I did not, after ten long years, ignore my doctors and take matters into my own hands. Every single one has seemed woefully trained. Aren't you responsible for this at all? Oddly, none of them seemed to have even seen anyone get off Subutex/Suboxone. And I was treated by some of the very first doctors to get into the market straight from your clinical trials!

Please make the necessary corrections to your promotional and information materials. Thank you.

PS - There seems to be a very, very large correlation between the use of Subutex/Suboxone and tooth decay. Personally, I required 4 root canals, 3 extractions, about 20 fillings, and $30,000 worth of dental work - including restorations. If it turns out this was due to Subutex/Suboxone, I'd like a reimbursement for that too.

PSS - How come it appears that doctors in Europe are more aware of these potential issues from use of your product? How come we don't hear what they have to say here in the USA? Oh, and do you really have absolute no involvement with NAABT whatsoever?

PSSS - Can you give me anything to get my nose to stop running already????? I'd really like to stop yawning too, everyone thinks I am heavily sedated.

PSSSS - Are you aware that your product is being seriously abused on the streets by those who can't get/afford Heroin? And that the addition of naltrexone does absolutely nothing to deter abuse if there are no other opiates in your system? Wait.. I thought you were clean on Sub? But only if you take it as directed I guess? Why couldn't I have just taken Heroin ever 4 hours as directed? Can you make that as your next product?
Last edited by xenofears on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Buprenorphine - "God only know what it'll do to you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What do you want out of posting this? If you don't want to argue, why post this kind of stuff? If it did nothing for you but hurt you then stop taking it. So what should RB do.... Write you a letter apologizing because a medicine they make didn't work the way you wanted it to? And then what?

Idk. It's not worth continually telling the people of this forum how bad you think suboxone is. We get it. Move along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

One thing I really want to know is this, why do you continuously keep blaming suboxone for all your problems? Suboxone offers people to detox safely and more comfortably than the previous stronger drug that led you to suboxone in the first place.

All these side affects you keep complaining about isn't because of suboxone. It’s because you got addicted to a more powerful and dangerous drug before. So why are you blaming suboxone for all these problems you face? How is suboxone the problem?

I keep on reading about you bashing on sub for something that shouldn't be linked to suboxone but, rather buying illegal drugs from the streets or abusing your prescription. Assuming suboxone wasn't your drug of choice, which is extremely rare, then I just don't get your flawed logic.

Another thing, you keep acting like it is so obvious that suboxone is a life ruining drug, but what I don't get is why you began suboxone treatment. So why'd you set yourself up for this if you believe it's so damn bad? Can you explain that? Is it because you realized how hard it would've been to detox successfully without it? You shouldn't be ripping on the people wanting to become clean. You're pointing your finger at the wrong drug for your problems. Sorry but that's just how it is.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Fireman. You took the words from my mouth. Perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It seems like you are hating the withdraw part of Suboxone, not what Suboxone does while it is in your system (deter cravings). So why go thru the withdraw process?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:29 am 
Anyone who does not agree with o.p. probably will if they continue taking suboxone your life slowley returns to hell, you wil eventually not be feeling good anymore and want off but you won't be able to get off......only then will you realize "why the anger" the shit is a normal opiat addiction in slow motion give it some years and it will go to hell and then you have a few years of withdrawl to deal with or a lifetime of nothingness on subs...why the anger ?? Are you kidding ??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:32 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Wow, ok, I apologize ahead of time for I've also become quite angry & cynical throughout my experience w/ Suboxone use. First, I couldn't have said it better myself, oncemore!! And for anyone commenting about "how could you say that about our miracle drug Suboxone??" --well I chalk these comments up to a few things:

1) ignorance is bliss--especially in the haze & "fake" candy coated world of Suboxone use!! No one should comment on how wrong this person is until they've attempted to come off the sub themselves (which I'm currently doing, after 7yrs of being on it, w/ the 2nd & 3rd yrs attempting to stop the drug w/ little success. And the last 4yrs+ in a slow taper).

2) Fear: The people taking this med may fear that their now "legal drug of choice" that gives them a false sense of happy, satisfaction & accomplishment from "kicking their addiction/habit" may be taken off the market if enough people talk & blow the lid off this illusion that it's the next miracle drug!! It truly is an illusion & after your last dose, mark my words, you WILL become "a hater" of this drug - not for what it felt like being on it & for what it did for you during that time...But rather, for what it did to your body & your brain & for how it feels when the drug is no longer in your system.

3). Lack of any credible data w/ the FDA & drug company in terms of research on actual successful tapering off of this drug?? Shouldn't it be reasonable to assume that, like many other medications, it should be safe to discontinue, however gradual that needs to be, w/ close medical supervision???? Did this drug company & the government (FDA) that authorized it's use (which is supposed to include safety & efficacy for human use) think of this discontinuation process? Oh, right, I forgot, NOT taking this drug doesn't make money does it??? So, probably not!! Can someone tell me why the FDA doesn't have data on this? I would expect that the FDA would require this drug company to have valid, safe, documented data on the effects of slowly tapering off of this drug??? I mean, they did legalize & authorize the production & sale of this medication - putting their stamp of approval on it--which supposedly tells the world--"this drug is legal & safe & when taken as prescribed will not harm you." Furthermore, wasn't it's purpose to allow a person can get OFF opiates altogether w/ little to no w/d's?? I don't think so. What it does do is put a person on a legalized drug addiction. It just replaces on drug for another. It turns MD's into glorified, legalized drug dealers. I mean why would anyone knowing all of this information - agree to take this med?? If someone really understood the consequences of being on Suboxone, & what it would take to get off of it--they would just put up w/ the week or so of withdrawal. Looking back, I would give anything to have just done that instead taking months, even years to feel normal again. The withdrawal from it is extremely difficult & can cause you to not only lose your job, from not be able to work, but it may make you suicidal. And if your lucky & have incredible faith - you'll live to see the other side = sobriety & freedom from the chains of substance abuse. Because mark my words, you are still addicted to an opiate- even as a partial agonist. Buprenorphine is stronger than morphine - like 10 times as strong! So not only do you need to factor that in when looking to come off of it, you also need to face the issue of it's incredibly long half life!!

And finally, 4) This is about an experience beyond that of getting off the roller coaster ride of addiction via the option of taking Suboxone to ease the ugly w/d symptoms & having the ability to get your life back, but more about what happens after the dust settles & you are finally ready & want off the drug. for whatever reason - but to just be drug free. This is about becoming free of the hold that Suboxone has on you & the grueling journey that it takes you on trying to get there & stay there. People posting comments trying to discount what this process is like, who are currently still on it, will most always be biased. I suggest they come back and post a valid response when you can honestly say you've come off of it, or are in the process of it & that it isn't/wasn't bad at all & that you would recommend this medication to your close family & friends. Then, I guarantee you, you'll have my respect & undivided attention.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:29 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Geez Man, harden the f up!
All your problems seemed related to years of drug use. I notice you are sober now. What crap sub must be to get you here.
Tooth decay due to sub. BS, its never the years of drug abuse and shit diet and living is it? Wont spend one dollar on a dentist but every cent on using eh? No its always the sub!

Yep, im sure you would of been successful by just staying on heroin and tapering. Maybe you should of tried it for the 50th time. Maybe it would work the 51st time?
Stop being a baby and be grateful you are free of drug addiction. It could of gone a few other bad ways.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey LTLBit570,

Welcome to the forum!!

I quit Suboxone on June 4/2010 and my wd's were grueling and inhumane, but then I realized something.....for the first time in my adult life I was drug free. To me, Suboxone was easily worth the price of admission AND the wd's I had to endure were worth it, too.

If I had a family member that was addicted to opiates, I would easily suggest Suboxone to them.

I'm curious, did you think Suboxone would give you a free pass out of your addiction? Did you think you'd be able to quit it and wake up the next day with a beam of sunshine coming outta yer ass? If you did, I was in about the same boat when my wd's hit. Guess what I did? I stopped fucking crying, I toughed it out and made it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great post thanks for sharing your experience!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I quit suoxone in 8/4/12 after 6 years of continuous sub maintenance. I made it, I'm alive, I'm happy. I would absolutely recommend it to a friend (and have recommended it to family already.) It the very best option so far.

Quote:
I mean why would anyone knowing all of this information - agree to take this med?? If someone really understood the consequences of being on Suboxone, & what it would take to get off of it--they would just put up w/ the week or so of withdrawal.

Do you really think that a week or two of withdrawal would have gotten you free from your addiction? If so, I'm guessing you had a light pill habit and haven't really seen the ugly truth of addiction, in which case, I'm both happy and sad for you. Happy that you haven't had to experience what it's like to be willing to give an old man a blow job for your next hit, and sad that you got on to suboxone after chasing a few pills around and probably had no idea what you were taking.

You speak of consequences.. My question to you is, do you really understand the consequences of active addiction?

It's all perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GREAT post tiny!

I just wanted to chime in here and say that, YES...I knew exactly what I was getting into when I started suboxone treatment. That is what intelligent adults do when they are told about a mediation that their doctor wants them to take, for whatever reason. You are responsible for educating yourself about this medication, just as you are responsible for educating yourself about treating any other type of disease. Why would anyone blindly follow the opinion of one doctor without question???

If I had my original choice of which recovery method to use to do over again, I would choose suboxone every time. It has absolutely given me my life back. I know what a struggle it is to taper and jump. I've done it...minus the jump, but I made it down to .25mg daily before deciding to go back up to a higher maintenence dose. At some point I will probably do it all again. But even when I'm in the middle of the discomfort of tapering and dealing with whatever crap there is to push through during the first year sober, I will never regret my choice to use suboxone.

As Tiny said...if you could ever catch a glimpse of what "could have been" if you hadn't found something to arrest the development of your addiction, I don't believe you would be saying the things you are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think I can really post what I'd like to post in relation to this, after dealing with the past week and the blow to my family that I have seen.

But, i will say this...and I'm trying to say it in a nice way...I'm just afraid it won't come out that way because I don't feel too nicely towards addiction, in ANY form right now. (and I do NOT consider taking my Suboxone to be "addiction"...)
Wanna know what I consider addiction?

Last Tuesday night, in Slidell, Louisiana. My brother and two friends....going on a pill run to pick up some oxys, percs, and heroin.
Wanna know what happens when someone...let's just say my brother...takes enough Soma to be in a Soma-coma...then eats a few percs, some oxys, and does some H (snort, not banging)...
We get a call later on Tuesday night that the two friends he was with dropped him off in Picayune at the ER. He had been dead for 30 minutes in the vehicle with them while they drove from Pearl River up to Picayune...and they didn't realize he had a massive heart attack...but he was gone before he ever saw the state line.
He thought he could take more than anyone else. He thought he had a higher tolerance than others.

What if his brother in Alabama had explained to him that Suboxone would stop all those cravings...and he would be able to feel normal without taking all those pills...and if he did mess up and take a few with Suboxone in system...it wouldn't really have much effect unless it was mixing a lot of other stuff with it, like benzos...

I guess none of that is relevant...you obviously aren't dead, because you're here, posting on this forum....so you haven't overdosed on any drugs. You obviously haven't lost a family member and felt regret over what you "could have" said...or done...if anything...

But boy, you sure are here telling everyone who's chosen this path why they are wrong for making the choices they are making. Well, making other choices ...like eating a handful of fucking pills of differing varieties...that seems to take family members away...FOREVER.

So how about you do what you think is best for YOU....and the people who are still alive, and enjoying (or in some cases, not enjoying) life on Suboxone...can keep on doing what is helping them.
I for one know that I'm good to go if temptation popped up and I took some oxy...nothing.

I never knew what pain was until I hugged a mother who's just laid her firstborn son to rest....and she'll never have answers to all of the questions. Or my father who will never get to fish with his son again...because of these damn opiates rampant on the streets...

People are posting bullshit, ..... like this isn't some disease that kills people. Do you understand that people DIE FROM THIS SHIT?
I'll stop...There is still too much anger for me to take some of this lightly...

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I want to elaborate on what Jonathan has said, because I too get really frustrated when people talk about "consequences of suboxone" as if there is some shocker we're not aware of.

I've spoken a lot about my Mom, who I lost at an early age to a heroin overdose, but I haven't talked about my close friends a long the way. Here are some of their stories and a glimpse into the consequences they were dealing with sans suboxone:

Emory was one of my closest friends growing up. She battled addiction like no one I've ever seen in my life. Constantly in and out of rehabs, jail and sober livings.. since about 14. When we were younger I did not quite understand the gravity of it, I thought she was like all of us, just "experimenting." I didn't realize her disease progressed a lot faster than mine eventually did. Emory was on one of her binges after a countless number of rehab stints, and tried to detox herself off heroin. She took herself to the ER because she was so sick and wanted help. While in the ER she was so desperate for relief, she literally stole some vials of something and large syringes (from a cabinet or cart?) and locked herself in the ladies room of the ER. She shot up the vials as quickly as she could not even knowing what they were. She didn't even care to read the labels, and by this time people were knocking on the door. Turns out it was just Lidocaine but when the ER staff got the door open, she couldn't move her arms and there was blood all over the bathroom. She had continued to shoot up the lidocaine with numb arms and made a mess of herself. She was held on a 5150 after this incident. Her addiction was so bad they didn't trust her to be alone. She was there for a while, and was finally later released into a rehab program (again..) When she got out of rehab, she relapsed (again.) This time she was so broken and tired of the cycle, she wrote a note to her mom and sister, and she purposely shot all her dope in one load. Just to end the misery. Emory was beautiful and one of the smartest people I knew. I think she was so smart that she was never fully challenged in life, not sure if that makes sense. She had a lot of pain too. I will never forget the day her mom called me at work to tell me what had happened. I was on my first year of methadone when this happened. I used heroin after work that day on top of my methadone.

Jason was my ex boyfriend. Even after we broke up, we remained really close friends. In fact, the last time I saw him he was staying in a sober living and took ME to a meeting. He was doing really well at the time but decided to get high on a whim, and drove to downtown L.A. to get some dope. He pulled over at a hotel and used their bathrooms to cook it up. He was found by hotel personnel dead in the locked stall with the needle in his arm.

My friend Beau was strung out on heroin and had been doing peyote. I know, a pretty crazy combination... He couldn't take it anymore and got his Dad's gun and shot himself in the head. I was at my girlfriend's house at the time (on the very same street) about 12 houses down when it happened. We heard the sirens and just knew it was his house. We ran down the street and one of the cops finally told us "a young man was pronounced dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound." Beau also had a brother we were close with so we didn't know for sure who it was, but deep down we knew. That was a horrible day. We were about 18.

One of my very best friends, Tara, had been taking oxycodone for a while unbeknownst to me. We were on opposite coasts at this point so I did not see her regularly at this time. She took too much one night and never woke up. I was already on suboxone at this point, this was in March of 2010. I couldn't even go to this funeral because it hurt too much and I regret it everyday day. She was beautiful and kind and I'll never forget her.

My friend Sabrina, who was NOT an addict, was 16 years old and driving herself to school. Some guy in a truck veered off the road into oncoming traffic and hit her head on. She died immediately. The guy tested positive for heroin and alcohol. Sadly Sabrina was in a relationship with Jason's (the guy from the above story) little brother. Jason's brother lost his girlfriend and his brother in the span of a couple years. :(

My old friend Jessica went missing for a few weeks. Her Mom and family were doing everything they could to find her.. I remember the "search" very clearly, even though I was not in a good place at the time. She was later found in a dumpster. She OD'd on heroin and the people she was with didn't know what to do with her. (A very common story, btw.. My mom was put in the basement laundry room of a building.)

My friend Chris was strung out from smoking heroin at the time he died. He had dope in the car when a cop tried to pull him over. It was late at night and he thought he could out run the cop and hide. He turned up one of many windy canyons from our home town and floored it. He took a turn too wide towards the top of the canyon and went over the edge. All to keep from getting busted. He died immediately. He was a very talented musician.

Anyway, I know more people but these are the ones that will always be in my heart. When I hear people speak of the consequences of using suboxone, I can't help but wonder what if the truck driver had gotten on suboxone? Maybe Sabrina would be alive. What if everyone else had found suboxone? Maybe they'd be happy, healthy, productive and enjoying their loved ones, like I am?

Last edited by tinydancer on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:42 pm 

I can't begin to add anything beyond what Jonathan and TD have already written. I just want to thank both of you for sharing your stories. I'm extremely sorry for your losses.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 pm 

LTLbit570,

"People posting comments trying to discount what this process is like, who are currently still on it, will most always be biased. I suggest they come back and post a valid response when you can honestly say you've come off of it, or are in the process of it & that it isn't/wasn't bad at all & that you would recommend this medication to your close family & friends. Then, I guarantee you, you'll have my respect & undivided attention."

What, no comment?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to thank you both for sharing such heart touching stories. Suboxone very well could of saved there life's. I just think the OP is trying to say that not everyone is aware of what comes along with suboxone. Yes it can be life saving but at the same time it could ruin ones life too. I won't lie I might not be here now posting this if it wasn't for suboxone but at the very same time I might not have to take a handful of mental health pills every day if I knew what long term side effects it has. I guess all I'm trying to say when I was taking suboxone it should of not been a maintenance drug just a short term drug bc at that point in time the Drs RB had no clue what long term effects this drug has. I was there test subject basically but me and anyone else who has a negative experience is wrong and shunned.

Last edited by Bboy42287 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oncemore,

It is Postings like yours that someone struggling with addiction will read and be scared off from as you said " switching one med for another" They will read this post looking for answers, and go USE.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can't take the one or two who have side effects and essentially doom everyone to a death sentence because of that one or two that have some side effects. I have no doubt that some people have side effects from the Suboxone...but does that mean someone like myself, going on 6 years now, should be left out to pasture to deal with my demons and vices without the help of Suboxone?

I'll tell you right now, if it weren't for Suboxone, I would've been drunk already trying to drown my thoughts....and if it weren't for Suboxone....then I would've been the one having services, a LONG time ago, instead of myself being the one who goes to services for a family member who didn't find Suboxone.

You got the couple of folks who get online looking for answers because they have side effects with Suboxone....do you know how many thousands use the drug without any hint of a side effect, who don't get on an internet forum and tell about having such good luck?

The internet might make up 10% of the Suboxone-taking crowd....IF THAT. and less than that 10% has side effects...the other 90% of people never get online and post about their Suboxone...and a good majority don't want anyone to even know they take the stuff....and they do just fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

And to elaborate just a little, last night...was the first night that I've slept without dreaming about my brother. Since we left, almost a week now, I've been sleeping in two hour intervals, waking up with the image of my brother on my mind...and even dreaming vivid dreams of him...so not sleeping, mixed with everything that's been going on emotionally, I just wanted sleep.

I finally slept about 4 hours straight, a good hard sleep, without waking up. And I feel much better...not 100% but not so damn exhausted. My nerves were just about to get to me.