It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Alright my friends sorry I have been away had to take money for computer to pay another bill and lost internet. Anyway I got a phone call today from the pharmacist at my local pharmacy. It turns out that I am only alowed 5 refills on my sub. I get a few at a time as they are expensive without insurance. Anyway she said that if i did not get the remaining pills left on the script that they would be lost and I can never get them> I find this to be bullshit as I have already explained to them that I do not have the money to pay for them all at once and I have no insurance. Is it like this from here on out with this shit are they really going to f*** over people who can only afford a certain amount at a time?? It is funny too cause it has been over 5 times when i got them refilled and noew they are pulling this shit about it??

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm not sure what you're asking? Refills on sub scripts are not allowed. Or do you mean you pick up only a small portion of a single prescription? I would think that if you were prescribed 60 pills, as an example, and only picked up five at a time, that you should be allowed to get all 60 because it is the same prescription. I can't be sure though, because I've never done it that way. If the pharmacy is treating each pickup as a refill, my guess is they are in error, although I don't know if there is a specific law regarding this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I only see my sub doc every three months and he does write refills on mine (one script w/ two refills).

From what I've researched, Bupe is a schedule III drug, whereas Schedule II drugs (like Adderall) cannot have refills and one cannot pick up half of their script and wait to pick up the other half. (Schedule II is more restrictive than schedule II drugs.) Plenty of people on this forum have picked up part of their bupe/sub script that they could afford and picked up the rest later when they could pay for it.

I wasn't sure what you were asking either, but I hope this helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would switch pharmacies if it were me. Schedule 3 drugs can only be refilled up to 5 times. For whatever reason they are treating it like a refill every time you pick up more from the same script. The only other thing I can think of is to ask your Dr to give four scripts for a week supply each or two scripts. If you dr is willing to break the month's prescription up it would solve your problem. I hope you get this figured out and let us know how it goes. .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I too only see my Sub doc every 3 months. I get my 75/month with 2X refills...

And I use Fred's pharmacy..they've helped me SO much, especially when I was out of work and having to pay full price for the scripts. They actually would run a tab on me, like "credit" for 2 or 3 if I needed to ask for that..but I only did that a couple of times. As far as getting my 75/month split into 20 today...10 on next Wednesday, and 45 on next Saturday -- or something like that -- I've done that MANY times...with no problem. I've even gone into there and got 3 or 4 pills..when payday was only a day away and I was out...etc.

It sounds like the pharmacist doesn't understand the class of drug that Suboxone is, or is doing something wrong in the computer. I would ask them politely to tell you why you are classified into this category, or ask if there's some other way to split up your meds to make it easier to pay for them.

They CAN fill the entire script, then only dispense a few at a time, though that would become a problem when days supply doesnt add up or if you tried to get them too early...

Post subject: sub fills..
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

At first I was using Rite Aid pharmacy & was picking up whatever I could afford at the time, usually between 1-7 strips at a time then I would go back when I was out & get whatever I could again. Now I use a little local pharmacy & they fill my entire script when I turn it in then they just dispense whatever I can afford, usually I get 3 pills (im no longer on the strips, i take generic Subutex now) so i get 3 pills and go back in 3 days when im out and get 3 more. Ive never been given a problem. It sounds like the pharmacy is your problem and theyre the ones not wanting to dispense your meds like that. Your only option if you cant get them to work with you is to find a new pharmacy that will.. good luck.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes...I've been through that BS. They're only
allowed to fill 5 times on the same script. Took me a bit of pharmacy shopping to find one that will fill as many times as I needed. They can do it by just using the same script number but if they want to be pains in the ass they won't. I did that at my Walgreens for like 3 months no problems then out of the blue in mid script they said..oh we can't give you anymore you'll need a new script! I still had like 10 left on that script. Luckily my doc is so great she called in a new script for the remaining. I hate dealing with this crap sometimes! But all worth it in the end...the alternative is much worse!