It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 28 DAYS - what to do??
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey all ive been on subs for 3years @ 16mgs (fast taper 15days - today im 30 days clean... i feel better i guess, but i still am sick as shit fatigue, motivation, and headache mainly. i still lay in bed alot which is getting me even more depressed but i cant even do what i used to, work, run, hunt, without feeling like i have to lay down after a short time. im also feeling pretty anti social i guess but i just feel like i dont want anyone to see me in this condition.

its kind of scary thinking this crap may be permanent.

can someone please tell me what they did and how they felt month by month i guess (besides laying in bed or watching tv) to get them through this. i have no interest is using anything i dont even drink caffeine anymore just vitamins and cigs.

please help me to shed some light on the next phases of where this unholy drug will take me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just to clarify, did you go from 16 mg a day to 0 in 15 days? That seems like it would be rough. I'm still on maintenance, so I can't really tell you what to expect, though I'm sure others with experience will chime in soon enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are doing good,that tough to stop like that... No its not permanent, please Go read this ASAP it will give you all the info you need

http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/withdra ... enorphine/

Here is a quote from the article:

"The duration of withdrawal is a function of how long the body takes to make new receptors– NOT the amount of time to clear the body of the substance. Some people mistakenly think that withdrawal ends when the drug is gone– and that it is ‘stuck in the bones’ or things like that. All of that makes interesting reading, but it is not what is going on. It takes 8-12 weeks for the body to make new receptors, so that is how long opiate withdrawal usually lasts." -by dr. Junig

Good luck, you will get better hang in there

-gb

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Downtime,

Welcome to the forum!!

Jumping from a high dose of Suboxone is certainly a major shock to the system, no doubt about it. The crap shit feelings you're feeling are NOT permanent, they will get better with time and know this, the worst is over.

I usually break my Suboxone wd down into 4 segments. I jumped from a decently high dose like you did and here's what the general time frame of my wd was. Heavy Acute Wd ended at about the 10 day mark. Light Acute Wd ended about the 30 day mark. Heavy PAWS (Post Acute Wd Syndrome) ended right around the 4 month mark. Light PAWS ended around the 9 month mark.

I started taking Clonidine (a blood pressure med that is prescribed "off label" for opiate wd) at the 30 day mark, it seemed to help a lot.

PAWS is basically a light version of Acute wd, you get a lot of the same wd symptoms, but they're somewhat muted....but they still SUCK!!

Also, laying around waiting to get better is about the worse thing you can do. I know your brain and body are screaming at you to not move and just lay around, but you really shouldn't listen to them. Make yourself get up and do stuff, even if it's only going for a little walk. Try to do a little bit more every day.

I was 5 weeks into my Suboxone wd before I returned to work.....I wish I would have went back earlier, it would have been difficult, but laying around the house fixated on how shitty I felt didn't do me any good at all.

I know what you're going through is rough as hell, but there is hope, man. We do recover, it does take time however.

Hang in there, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

surgerybound wrote:
Just to clarify, did you go from 16 mg a day to 0 in 15 days? That seems like it would be rough. I'm still on maintenance, so I can't really tell you what to expect, though I'm sure others with experience will chime in soon enough.

ya i did a really fast taper and went to 0 in about 15 days (which im not sure i would recommend). good or bad idk but i had enough and took the leap of faith. i knew i was gonna get sick no matter what so i didnt want to prolong the inevitable. the longer your on it the worst the wd imo. the rate of taper however i really dont know if this matters or not. im sure my wd would have been less sever were i to taper longer but it would have still ended in withdraw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi there downtime! I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.
I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling as crappy as you are. You
have gotten a lot of great advice already.....
I know that depression was always the ass kicker for me when I was in
any kind of withdrawal from opiates. It sounds like that's what is killing you right
'now. I do agree with what someone else already said. That laying around and just
"waiting" to feel better is kinda the worst thing you can do. I know that that is what
would always aggravate my depression.
Just TRY to get up and go for walks. I don't know where you are in the world, but where
I'm at, it's getting cold. That cold air is actually good for my mood when I go for walks.

Having too much downtime is NEVER good. "Idle hands are the devils playground"...something
my grandma always said. Which always rang true for me for some reason! LOL!
Maybe you can try to remember what sorts of things you enjoyed doing before, and give them
a try....reading, writing, puzzles, surf the net, work out. Whatever. Just MOVE.
I wasn't a big meeting advocate, but they had some good tag lines.
One that a woman Patty used to always say regarding depression was "move a muscle, change
a thought". Weird but true. If you just lay there all you are gonna do is think. Think
about how crappy you feel. Think about how depressed you are. If you try to occupy your mind,
it'll do wonders!!

Good Luck to You and Take Care~[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI

please don't double post,,,,, I was glad that nobody answered your other thread, though........... sorry to say,,, it just makes it
really confusing, when you get multiple answers, to the SAME thing.... in DIFFERENT places....

Did you read my answer to your other thread yet?
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7690

I think I gave you some good links/stuff to look at,,,,, pass the time, if anything.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuboxDoc
^^^^^^^ a link to dr. J's videos he made up a few years ago, there IS some really good information that explains HOW bupe
works on your brain, the more technical side of things, which in turn HELPS US understand "how it leaves"
theres the video i posted at the bottom of my reply,
on your other thread, too..... about suboxone and the "worst w/d ever!"
its ONLY part ONE, there's a part two, also. I think you'd find it useful.

here's a thread,,, from a high jump, like yours,,,
the guy kind of "journaled" his ups and downs over a couple months, so you can totally see how he progressed/got back to himself and over how much time.
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5965

sorry I pretty much just posted everything your OTHER reply from me says,,, I just started thinking, you probably
might not even FEEL like clicking the damn button, so MITE AS WELL just post the link!!!!!

I really do hope you feel BETTER VERY SOON!!!
I hate to hear anyone suffering. you sound like a very strong person, too.

okay, here's the video, again, too.
don't forget to watch part two!!!
LOL
keep posting, when you feel like it, let us know how your doing...... just no doubles, k?
thanks!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RASNQrfa3ig[/youtube]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks all for the warm welcomes and support. This is by far the best forum on the subject that i have came across yet. Thanks Romeo, what you laid out is pretty much right on queue with what im experiencing right now. im trying to stay as active and as positive as i can...

id say im a fit person 6.5" 220lbs 30yrs, and i can't get over how weak ive become off the subs (in 1 month time mind you) i can barely do 1/2 the amount of push-ups now and get extremely fatigued doing so, i really dont get why, its like i aged 20 years over night.

anyway im still hanging tough. i have absolutely no desire to turn back, just thinking about suboxone is enough to make me sick. although slow going, i can definitaly tell that i am making progress. i am so looking forward to the future and putting all this behind me and being free again. knowing everything im going through right now will be worth it in the end.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey just wanted to reiterate what the others have been saying. I'm about 90 days off opiates (sub, methadone, oxy), and like you, in the first 30 days I had to rest after taking a shower! It does get better, hang in there!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Downtime wrote:
hey all ive been on subs for 3years @ 16mgs (fast taper 15days - today im 30 days clean... i feel better i guess, but i still am sick as shit fatigue, motivation, and headache mainly. i still lay in bed alot which is getting me even more depressed but i cant even do what i used to, work, run, hunt, without feeling like i have to lay down after a short time. im also feeling pretty anti social i guess but i just feel like i dont want anyone to see me in this condition.

its kind of scary thinking this crap may be permanent.

can someone please tell me what they did and how they felt month by month i guess (besides laying in bed or watching tv) to get them through this. i have no interest is using anything i dont even drink caffeine anymore just vitamins and cigs.

please help me to shed some light on the next phases of where this unholy drug will take me.

I am almost 4 months clean after a 6 year bout of suboxone and I am finally leveling out and feeling normal (I think..lol), so have faith that it isn't permanent! My fatigue is definitely almost gone. I'd say I am 95% back to what I think is normal but it took me a good 3 months to get here. Months 1 & 2 were pretty shitty. I couldn't do anything. Even walking to the kitchen was too much to deal with at times. Month three I could see the light at the end of the tunnel but I'd have good days and bad days.. even good weeks and then bam.. a rough week. It continuously gets better though.

My tricks: Music, walking/running/ yoga (when ready), caffeine (lot's of it), laughing, movies, baths..

Hang in there!!

ps.. My stomach muscles are non existent right now. I can barely sit up with good posture these days and I used to be in shape pre-jumping. I didn't use my muscles for about 3 months and it set me back quite a bit. I'm trying to get back to where I was before but I'm not even close. At least my energy is back though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

heres an update for me incase anyone was wondering. been about 5 weeks off subs. thing are starting to look better overall. i still have crazy headaches some muscle and joint aches. over all i can slow feel my energy popping back which is huge for me. another big thing is that im starting to listen to music again and liking it. so weird to me that while i was on suboxone i seemed like i lost interest in nearly everything - crazy cuz i always loved music.

thats awesome to hear that running helped you that much. i cant wait till i feel good enough for some serious exercise hopefully by the 2 month mark that seems to be when the worst of it its over from what everyone else has been saying. i dont think im there yet - im still having a hard time going for walks outside with out falling over after 20mins >.< ive been doing some stretches and some other minor body weight exercises. just trying to get the old me back still. amazing how much this drug took from me.

im still not giving up i will fight it till the end. with a bit of luck i will win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Downtime wrote:
amazing how much this drug took from me.

im still not giving up i will fight it till the end. with a bit of luck i will win.

FIRST,,,, IM soooo glad to hear things are getting better :lol:
Even your overall "outlook" reads better, in your latest post.... thats GREAT ,, HUGE!!!
I really do hope, you keep steadily improving....
OH, and it seems like the people that have FORCED themselves to do the exersise routines, GET more
energy, faster....... It's good your taking walks, maybe if you FORCED yourself to do more the first few times,
it'd get easier and easier.... That's just from all I've read, all across the forum,,,
I really have NO IDEA..... Im only trying to help....

So, did suboxone NOT help you in ANY WAY???
Did it at least give you DISTANCE from your drug of choice?I was just thinking,
If you were on it (suboxone) for
THREE YEARS,
it MUST have been helping in SOME way, shape or form?????

AND,,, YOU ARE WINING!!!
YOU ARE KICKING IT"S ASS....

[marq=right]*****KEEP IT UP******[/marq]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey amber,

heres the thing with me and suboxone.

im not a drug addict. i dont do drugs at all and i only drink moderately i never failed a drug test in my life and i had a lot b/c of my type of work. i injured my back playing sports. i was taking low doses of viciodon for a bit. never more than a few months at a time. my DR prescribed me on subutex saying it was a better drug. your supposed to trust your DR's right? i had no clue of the side effects. i was on it for 3 years because every time i tried to quit i got so sick i couldnt work and was scared of losing my job.

and to answer the question of did it help me at all. id have to say a few short months it did. but more that anything it made me become dependent on a drug. it helped for pain in the beginning then after about a year i could really see my health and attitude really start declining. i lost my GF of 6 years because of it - she would even tell me "you are so different then when i first met you." pretty rough huh.

so my experience with buprenorphine has really left a bad taste in my month. it has done more harm to me than good. maybe if i was addicted to heroin for several years and not able to quit after several attempts - i might be singing another tune

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Downtime wrote:
hey amber,

heres the thing with me and suboxone.

im not a drug addict. i dont do drugs at all and i only drink moderately i never failed a drug test in my life and i had a lot b/c of my type of work. i injured my back playing sports. i was taking low doses of viciodon for a bit. never more than a few months at a time. my DR prescribed me on subutex saying it was a better drug. your supposed to trust your DR's right? i had no clue of the side effects. i was on it for 3 years because every time i tried to quit i got so sick i couldnt work and was scared of losing my job.

and to answer the question of did it help me at all. id have to say a few short months it did. but more that anything it made me become dependent on a drug. it helped for pain in the beginning then after about a year i could really see my health and attitude really start declining. i lost my GF of 6 years because of it - she would even tell me "you are so different then when i first met you." pretty rough huh.

so my experience with buprenorphine has really left a bad taste in my month. it has done more harm to me than good. maybe if i was addicted to heroin for several years and not able to quit after several attempts - i might be singing another tune

[font=Comic Sans MS]I too am glad to hear that things are getting at least a little bit better, a little at a time. I am so sorry to hear
that this is how your dependence came about. That has gotta suck...not that you don't know that already. :roll:
I guess I just wanted to let you know that we are all here to support you....no matter what.
I do believe that suboxone does change some people. Some people for the better and some for the worse.
It sounds like you were one of the unfortunate ones. And that has to be hard to deal with.

IF there is anything else that we can do, feel free to post away, and vent, and bitch and moan, or just update us.
Whatever you need. That's what we are here for! OK? Try to keep on taking care of yourself, and I hope that you
do continue to get better. Take Care~Kelly[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I still feel like I am hearing music for the first time. It is the weirdest experience that is almost impossible to describe. I certainly liked music while I was on sub.. went to concerts, etc.. But I must not have really been hearing it or feeling it. Now that I am off sub -and all things completely- I can't believe how enjoyable music is. It really is incredible.

Right there with you!