It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 30 days sub free
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ive made it to 30, here's to 30 more. Feeling absolutely lovely. Can't wait to see how I feel down the road.

Seriously, life has become more positive. Time with my daughter has been so much better. Ive been a good husband to my wife. I'm saving money. 47 days free of opiates now too.

Remember - I jumped from 2mg and even though I only did subs for 12 days to cure a big perc/vic addiction, I did a good bit over 12 days. I did it. Ive overcome. Some temptations, some desires to get percs or subs. But I've overpowered it all with my mind(and a whole lot of walking and new life patters).

And I loved drugs.

I know you all can succeed as well. And I'm here for you. All of you. For any positive reinforcement. I went through the physical stuff. I cried. Ive played the mental game. All of it really starts to go away more and more each day. That is the honest truth.

Keep believing it can be done. It can. It's a want and then it becomes an accomplishment and a sense of self-love and purpose you really can't describe until you realize that you're there.

Make it happen!

CHARLIE
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
When you're young, you get all worked up caring about what other people think of you. That's the great thing about getting older - you realize, FUCK IT! It's what you think of yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats man I have read your story....I have been on sub for 29 days and am at 2mg and trying to read up...any advice about a good jumping off point...should I take a few days off from work? Sorry I don't mean to hijackyournthread I am just really worried as I was on methadone for 8 years and ow subs for a month went from 4mg to 3mg to 2 and now trying to get off ASAP....and I'm scared honestly not taking a pill has me scared...you jumped from 2mg to zero in gathered.....I need to read more of your story man you are an inspiration.

Scorp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats man I have read your story....I have been on sub for 29 days and am at 2mg and trying to read up...any advice about a good jumping off point...should I take a few days off from work? Sorry I don't mean to hijackyournthread I am just really worried as I was on methadone for 8 years and ow subs for a month went from 4mg to 3mg to 2 and now trying to get off ASAP....and I'm scared honestly not taking a pill has me scared...you jumped from 2mg to zero in gathered.....I need to read more of your story man you are an inspiration.

Scorp

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks!

Yes, I would take off of work if you're ready to jump. What I did, I took 2mg for 4 days straight and then I jumped. I was at the beach when I jumped and had around 5 days off before I had to go back to work. I'd be lying if I said it didn't help. It also helped that I had no way of getting more subs for those 5 days, so I knew I was going to have to man up and deal with it.

First coupla days were good, the 3rd-5th days were a little rough on the mind. Then it gradually got easier to deal with. The physical withdrawal only went about a week (leg cramps, shits, minor headaches). I slept all right though. Smoked weed during it all too which helped a lot.

You can do it man. I know you can. If I can, there's hope for everyone!

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You are an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your story!