It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3 Days Sub Free!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on day 8, mama. Good luck tomorrow.

-- ji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:)

Attachments:
images-17.jpeg
images-17.jpeg [ 6.6 KiB | Viewed 373 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Day 8 is coming to a close and day 9 is a comin'!!!

Keep kicking ass (not mine!!) and taking names!!!

I hope you get some better sleep tonight. When you don't sleep, you're awfully mean to me. :lol:

OH, about the sleep....have you tried Unisom, the one with Doxylamine Succinate in it? Many studies have shown it to be more effective than prescription sleep meds. It's non habit forming and doesn't leave you with a hangover in the morning. A lot of people round here used to talk about Sleepy Time Tea, as well. I used it, but was way too early in my wd for it to really do any good.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

After day 9, you should be cool. It's just a little drawn out! I forget i was on sub when I'm at work, so yeah. We're addicts, sobriety is Sooo much easier compaired to being addicted, and trapped. Everything is just easier, your headed in the right direction for sure!!. You'll come out of this like a firefracker just watch. Gl with the clonodine, i've read alot of good things about it :o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy Day 9 Mama!! Heading towards 2 weeks!
Sending "positive thoughts and prayers" that today your energy is HIGH, and your pain is low!
XO
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are you doing today, mama?

You're coming up on double digits!

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mama,

Attachments:
dont-ever-give-up.jpg
dont-ever-give-up.jpg [ 40.03 KiB | Viewed 326 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're tripling up on your three day thread start :) I remember when DB hit day 9, he posted the Beatles song, "Revolution Number 9"

I don't like to be pushy, so I'm pulling for you to keep on keeping on, with each day better than the previous. Your story seems similar to mine in some ways, with having had substantial clean time, than back on a run. And w/injuries and other mishaps. Your daughter is lucky to have a hot mama who is determined and courageous enough to do the next right thing; who never gives up, or quits quitting, (or is it "never stops starting anew"). And the wisdom you've gained from having been on both sides of the street through all of this, is an asset as a parent, IMO. Laying down firm guidelines I'm sure, but I can't imagine you alienating her either when the time comes where she is faced with the choices every kid faces. I'm far from being a prude (obviously), and it seems its always been cliche to suggest that "kids are growing up too fast today!" - probably an utterance dating back as far back as our great grandparents' generations - but in retrospect I can see how children live in a world where they 'grow up' (for lack of a better word) faster with every generation. They said it when I was kid, and the Internet hadn't even been invented yet (well, not in the way it is today, it was something mostly used by academia and researchers after the military opened it up from what was called the Arpanet prior to the Internet...but yet again, I digress. It wasn't accessible to vast majority in the USA yet, let alone the world). Now there are videos of young people openly experimenting with drugs - complete with paraphernalia - on youtube. Kids who are barely teens, taking pictures of their crotches with their smartphones and instant messaging them all over the world. It was a big deal to me and my friends to find a playboy or a penthouse magazine covered in sawdust at a new construction site, heh. And, no matter how hard parents try to block their kids from exposure to certain things, with Internet filters and the like, kids find a way around it. If not on their own, at a friend's house who is savvy to using proxies as workarounds to the 'Net Nanny blocks, and of course on smartphones too. It still blows my mind a little sometimes, when pondering on how smartphones are powerful computers in-and-of-themselves, more so than my first huge desktop in early 90s ( with a GIANT 17" CRT monitor that took up half my desk real estate), that was considered an upper end model.

Quote:
"...start out you're in a daze and people start younger and
In a thousand days and now it's getting overexposed..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncJGaexdr3Y

Well that was a meandering comment, ending with ranting against a hard edge, when I started sorta positive.

Quote:
"It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one."

- George Harrison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ42xwTcLSA

In the vid^, there's a part where the expanding kaleidoscope effects implodes on itself, like the Big Bang in reverse, and just before it completes the implosion, I recognized the "Double Dorje" symbol from Tibetan Buddhism. All by msyelf! :) I wonder how many people have caught it, aside from oh me oh moi. I feel in all probability, the vid producers put it there intentionally. Although it's subtle, so I'll give away the time into the video where it makes it's disappearing appearance. One minute, 50 seconds in (00:1:50). I felt like a kid finding a hidden Easter egg when I saw it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ42xwTcLSA

In the vid^, there's a part where the expanding kaleidoscope effects implodes on itself, like the Big Bang in reverse, and just before it completes the implosion, I recognized the "Double Dorje" symbol from Tibetan Buddhism. All by msyelf! :) I wonder how many people have caught it, aside from oh me oh moi. I feel in all probability, the vid producers put it there intentionally. Although it's subtle, so I'll give away the time into the video where it makes it's disappearing appearance. One minute, 50 seconds in (00:1:50). I felt like a kid finding a hidden Easter egg when I saw it.

Ohhhh noooo!!! Spoiler alert!! wish you would have just given a hint- I would have had fun trying to find it! :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Patrul Rinpoche (1808-1887)

"Advice from Me to Myself"

http://sealevel.ca/patrul/

    =^^=

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
"If you let go of everything
everything, everything,
That's the real point." Patrul Rinpoche

Quote:
" Freedom's just another word for 'nothing left to lose'."
Kris Kristofferson- as sung by Janice Joplin (I've always loved these lyrics- BF)
http://youtu.be/WXV_QjenbDw

Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by ButterFLYING! on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy Day 10!!!! Sending you a "double high five"! Tomorrow you have to start counting on your toes! :D Hope you are up to posting today, but if not, it's all good. Take it easy!!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey mama, checking in on day 10 for you (day 7 for me), hope you're well.

-- ji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello, and thank you everyone for the kind words! I was really in a lot of pain yesterday, and insurance companies have a very special way of making life complicated (and me wanting to reach through the phone and slap someone!!) I really didn't feel good or bad; just kind of there. Which is okay. I at least got some exercise in! I got some decent sleep last night, and this morning my stomach is hurting a little more than usual. Or, that could be just some of the pain I've been experiencing.

So today I am feeling a little more positive. Thanks again, everyone for checking in with me! It really means so much when I have a new notification and one of you has posted--even when I didn't!

Okay, I will preface this one by saying this song holds some serious sentimental value with me; sometimes I can't get through it without breaking down, but it's a beautiful song and been on my mind since I woke up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0DJ8hWgNes

Have a good day everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:

Quote:
"If you let go of everything
everything, everything,
That's the real point." Patrul Rinpoche

Quote:
" Freedom's just another word for 'nothing left to lose'."
Kris Kristofferson- as sung by Janice Joplin (I've always loved these lyrics- BF)
http://youtu.be/WXV_QjenbDw

Nice song association. Ol' Patrul would probably be appreciative, too. Maybe Janice was one of his students, reincarnated :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
Hello, and thank you everyone for the kind words! I was really in a lot of pain yesterday, and insurance companies have a very special way of making life complicated (and me wanting to reach through the phone and slap someone!!) I really didn't feel good or bad; just kind of there. Which is okay. I at least got some exercise in! I got some decent sleep last night, and this morning my stomach is hurting a little more than usual. Or, that could be just some of the pain I've been experiencing.

So today I am feeling a little more positive. Thanks again, everyone for checking in with me! It really means so much when I have a new notification and one of you has posted--even when I didn't!

Okay, I will preface this one by saying this song holds some serious sentimental value with me; sometimes I can't get through it without breaking down, but it's a beautiful song and been on my mind since I woke up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0DJ8hWgNes

Have a good day everyone!

You have a good one too, Mama! And evening, and... I liked the Van Morrison, was a great way to start my day, listening to it (the slide show went very well with the song, too).

Primo weather where I am; sunny, 70s an' breezy. The wind even played some music for me today, while I was out takin' that stroll (caught a short sample clip, on my phone that thinks it's smart): http://tinypic.com/r/mucua/8.
Wish I could have gone up on the porch, settle into mind drift mode on a rocking chair...daydream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uagUlTM43E

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:34 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

funny how so many things you take for granted become real entities as you sober. I is still is amazing to me to hear a fly before it bites me, the wind in you ear, what the fuck were we thinking to get caught up in this shit. wow, I just shake my head as I wake more and more. you know its sound really crazy but im glad I went for the max high, because I know for a long time I cant get high on pills which are much more available. kiss my ass opiates, ill spit on you, piss on you, blast your name, you are nothing to me, a feeling, escape of emotions, why, who knows I don't care. they are gone for a long time. my foot is fucked it hurts and I will not go because of this shit. I will never be a slave again on my own account. I rant sorry congrats mama this, its no easy walk, and you are, hold your head high sexy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mama! Happy "independent" from sub 11 (or is it 12??) Days!
(Are you 2 or 3 days ahead of me? I forget!)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:50 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi all. Today is day 11. I have been crazy busy between taking care of a little one, doc appts, and phone calls about this upcoming surgery. Just like with anything else involving ANY type of insurance co., it's been a runaround, headache, frustrating, and I have had to practice some serious self-control! I also haven't been keeping up with posting on anyone else's thread! I'm a very selfish poster! Lol. I've been keeping busy, and have plans to get out today; just not to the beach or a park! I can't hang with the crowds and a toddler!

As far as symptoms, they still come in waves. I have a hard time getting to sleep, but still sleeping longer once I do. Last night was the exception though. I woke up about 3 am with that angry, flopping around feeling because I felt that I was so close to getting back to sleep, but couldn't. So I took more clonidine. Okay, is it just me, or does clonidine make you want to get up and eat in the middle of the night? Whenever I wake up after a clon dose, I want to go grab a snack! ?Weird. Anyway, hope you all have a great day!

Oh...here's my song for the day; I love how it makes a mockery of the whole "rockstar" cliche:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlYMZHn-6jA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi mama, happy day 11. Any special plans for the long weekend?

-- ji

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next