It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3 Days Sub Free!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
BF & Ji: The clonidine finally kicked in and helped very early this morning, and managed about 5/6 hours of sleep. I took 2 total; 1 and then another 1 5 hours later, which seemed to do the trick. As long as I get some sleep, 4-5 hours worth, I am not a complete zombie the next day.

Romeo: I have never watched the West Wing, but will look up the plot and see if it grabs my attention. I ended up watching part of "The Hobbit" last night, as I want to watch the 2nd one, but needed a refresher since it's been a while since I've seen the first one. And yes, I am a Lord of the Rings nerd! However, I never jumped on the whole "Harry Potter" train; I think I am the only person in the world who watched the first one, and by the time I saw it like 5 have already been out, and said "I don't see what the big deal is!!!!" But, to each their own, right? Hopefully I won't have this dilemma tonight because I will be catching some serious zzzzzz's!

OMG!! I am also a HUGE Lord of the Rings / Hobbit nerd!!! I read ALL the books about 5 times in my early teens, and have "anxiously awaited" each movie release! (and own them all and have watched them multiple times!! lol- not sure what this says about me! I have a fetish for big, hairy feet? LOL

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

BF: I also read all the books before the movies and was soooooo excited to see them! The Hobbit cartoon was my absolute favorite as a kid! I was also ecstatic with how well Peter Jackson did as far as recreating, and adhering, to the plot and characters of the book. I didn't go as far as camp out at the theater dressed like an elf or anything, but was anxiously awaiting the release of all 3 films! I will watch the next Hobbit movie during my next sleepless night.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

New kids on the block . . . . " $-(% @!0/ 0$ #\-& ) Y'all are so excited to be sober huh?? Hope your on your "A" game. History has a.. history .. of repeating itself.. history. History. Historyy.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Like, oh em ge. O m g . Omg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hope: I've had several years of clean time in the past, and have learned what it is I have to do, and what I have to not do. It's not a matter of keeping up an "A game"; it's a matter of choice. Everyday I make the choice that I am going to endure whatever shitty feelings I have today in order to stay sub free. Hopefully, and most likely, I will wake up tomorrow, after very little sleep, and make the same choice again. Life is life, and there are hard times and pain that must be endured without the use of a substance to mask it. Did I have hard times in the past while I had years clean -- absolutely! Did I have thoughts of using -- absolutely! But I CHOSE to stay clean through those times, and then CHOSE to start using again. I know there's certain things I need to stay on top of, like my spiritual well-being, but it all comes down to choice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:17 pm 

Hope,

Your criticism is not needed or wanted in this thread. This is a warning. Be supportive or keep it to yourself.

Rule62

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Right on mama. I feel the same way and it amazes me the first thing people think once you get clean is that you cant handle life and will relapse. Its a choice. Drugs dont come knocking on our door, twist our arm, and force us to use again. We have to make the conscious decision to seek it out. I call BS on the naysayers and what might be true for them, certainly doesnt make it true for us.

Congrats and being sub free woman!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

trainer14 wrote:
Right on mama. I feel the same way and it amazes me the first thing people think once you get clean is that you cant handle life and will relapse. Its a choice. Drugs dont come knocking on our door, twist our arm, and force us to use again. We have to make the conscious decision to seek it out. I call BS on the naysayers and what might be true for them, certainly doesnt make it true for us.

Congrats and being sub free woman!

Thanks trainer! It is great not to be a victim, right????

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mama!! Another "Free" day- way to go!!! Sending you "positive energy" this morning to help you keep making those healthy choices! :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey mama happy day 5. What dose did you jump at BTW?

There was stuff I needed to do yesterday, but just got too lazy because of withdrawal. You're a champ doing this while looking after a kid.

-- ji

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Damn right Mama!!!!!! Day 5! Woot woot!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MAMA, is today day 5 or 6? I think it's day 6, isn't it? Either way, I hope you have a nice Sunday!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey mama. !! !! Keep it up! Your doing great :wink: !!

Hope: If i havent read your previous threads from march, i would be quick to judge but i'm more concerned that your bitter attitude towards mama is a direct result of a possible relapse. I would love to tell you how i feel about what you said, which was confusing, but i'm an addict like you. We're all here for you if you need to talk, respectfuly.

Day 14 here!! Major tooth ache!! I think sub is out of my system because i feel everything today!

Keep looking forward mama! We move forward because we cant go back. !!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Day 6, actually!!! I got confused now myself and had to think about it! lol. I went to the doc last Monday, and that's the day I said f it...DONE! So Tues was day 1. I woke up this morning with a little more of the watery eyes and the sneezes, and definitely feeling the pains now that the sub is no doubt completely out of my system. However, like every other day thus far, nothing I can't handle. I did eat ice-cream and cereal last night, so my stomach definitely doesn't like me today! The symptoms are no worse than just having a bad cold. I'm definitely not as sluggish as my last attempted jump, which is probably because I had that small break in between, and not taking the clonidine much at all during the day.

ji: I was at ~.5, BUT, for only 8 days, and before that I went 6 days off, one day back on, another day off, then back on.

Once again, I want to say thank you to everyone for the kind words, support and encouragement. And just FYI, there was no offense taken to one of the previous comments. At first, I felt like typing exactly what was going through my head, but didn't. The truth is, I know that feeling. I may not have expressed it in that way, but I know what that's all about. Mojito You are absolutely right, and I totally respect you, for offering to simply listen and be there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on day 6, you're moving along fast.

But treat yourself better food-wise! Exercise and good diet are the best things we can do to heal our body better. I had junk food yesterday, but I forced myself to eat some healthy food, get those nutrients into you, girl!

-- ji

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

johnny_ikon wrote:
Congrats on day 6, you're moving along fast.

But treat yourself better food-wise! Exercise and good diet are the best things we can do to heal our body better. I had junk food yesterday, but I forced myself to eat some healthy food, get those nutrients into you, girl!

-- ji

Absolutely!! I have been getting pretty regular exercise and eating, actually drinking (vegan protein shakes and juicing) during this process, and then eating a bunch of crap last night made me pay for it this morning! I firmly believe nutrition makes a world of difference for withdrawals, and any other aspect of life! Huge congrats to you too! Before you know it you'll be having to stop and think which day you're on too!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Adam Sandler said mama said, "I firmly believe nutrition makes a world of difference for withdrawals, and any other aspect of life!" Yes, proper nutrition AND eliminating country music from one's diet is always helpful. Rock is good, country = boo. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bahahahah!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Adam Sandler said mama said, "I firmly believe nutrition makes a world of difference for withdrawals, and any other aspect of life!" Yes, proper nutrition AND eliminating country music from one's diet is always helpful. Rock is good, country = boo. :D

omg you are too funny! Thanks for more laughs on a rough afternoon Romeo!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Romeo wrote:
AND eliminating country music from one's diet is always helpful. Rock is good, country = boo. :D

*SIGH* Okay, you're forcing me to do this AGAIN!! In the famous "words" of Johnny Cash:

Attachments:
johnny.jpg
johnny.jpg [ 8.37 KiB | Viewed 159 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next