It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: 3 Days Sub Free!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey mama, I'm just catching up on threads and see your insurance approved a surgeon, that's great to hear!! Did you have to get medieval on them?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mama79 wrote:
Thanks for all the words of praise and encouragement, everyone! So day 8 update: Despite the lack of sleep, I woke up with a little more pep in my step than I've had the last few days. My muscles and joints are pretty achy though. I think I worked out a little too hard, given my current situation, a couple days ago and am still feeling it pretty bad. The appetite is pretty much still the same, but the stomach issues aren't even half as bad as what I have read from other people. Just doing my best to remain grateful and positive that this detox is a freakin cake walk compared to the relentless hell of other opiate detoxes I have gone through. I am also grateful for subs, despite the anger I felt toward them recently, because w/ out them who knows where I'd be right now, and I definitely wouldn't be functioning, and able to take care of my little one, had I not done a taper and jumped at a fairly low dose. And so...here it is! I am officially past the one-week mark! It has seriously gone by fast, so far at least, and my worst days were 2 & 3, I think.

More to come later...

By the way, here's another one of my faves since it first came out a couple years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH2efAcmBQM

I Love this one!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I hope this one will make your Day!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA8UEWLUkd0

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey mama, what's the happs?

Any news on your insurance/operation situation?

Hope you are keeping well.

-- ji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Alright, well, I've decided to make an Ali-like return to the ring and start posting again. It feels like it's been months, but only been a few weeks.

Update: I guess firstly I need to talk about the fact that I am now on a benzo taper. I was warned over & over about the benzos during my sub taper/jump, but JUST like an addict, I stopped writing down my doses everyday, and next thing I knew I was going thru absolute HELL when the benzos ran out. It feels very similar to opiate withdrawal. Anyway, it was awful and now I am continuing a taper of .25 for another week or so before I stop again cold turkey. So, anyone on a sub taper who is taking benzos, I will tell you to PLEASE keep track of what you are taking daily, and do a taper with them just like you would anything else. I did my homework on benzo w/d & I learned that it is VERY dangerous to abruptly stop benzos if you've been taking a good amount on a daily basis.

In other news--surgery is now set for Monday the 11th, due to a last minute cancellation by the doctor almost 2 weeks ago. Sucks! I would say that I am in an intense amount of pain and discomfort about 75% of the time. I was actually going through a benzo detox recently, but on the 4th day decided to extend the taper longer so that I am not putting my body through even more shock when I go under the knife in 2 days.

I guess I will start poking around and catch up w/ everyone else...

Okay, that's my story! Lesson learned: benzos can be extremely DANGEROUS!

"Wrote a song about it; wanna hear it? -- here it goes..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8b4xYbEugo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If that's you in the video, Hubba-Hubba!! :)

Nice to hear from you again, Ali. Hopefully we'll soon be hearing, "down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier" in regards to those bastard benzo's!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey mama. I think that you should be good if its been a month since you started. Things are going to be pretty tough though. Be strong. That stuff pushed me to my limits also. You'll be a stronger person when you quit. If its xanax, wean .25 every two weeks. Klonopin, .25 a month. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Romeo: No, not me in the video. Wish it was!

h0pe: the length and amount of my benzo habit isn't nearly as bad as the stories I have read online, but it was definitely enough to make me absolutely miserable: sweats, EXTREMELY irritable, insomnia, loss of appetite, and on day 2 I remember I was having trouble with my speech! It was actually kind of scary. Oh, I was on xanax, and I read the same thing about reducing by .25 every week. I was averaging anywhere from .75 - 2mg daily, and was on .5mg for about a week and a half, and now starting at .25. I want to be able to try and stop by next weekend--giving me about a week after surgery to have recovered a little.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MAMA!!! :D :D :D
Just had to post to you!! Happy to see you "back"- I'll be thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery! I'm "here" for you!!
XOXOXOX
BF
PS. I totally understand how "The Xanax vortex" can draw one in....it still calls to me....GREAT job tapering off them!! You are a strong Mama!!!!

Mahatma Gandhi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8