It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 89 days off Subutex
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello im new here. I am 90 days detoxed off subs tomorrow. I still have no energy and often spend my days in bed because of no motovation. Im happy with no depression or anxiety. I detoxed with little to no withdrawal symptoms. My taper off 32mg daily was the hardest part. But i did it and never looked back. It was extremely tiring for 5 months till i jumped, i thought i had cancer at one stage.
Ive been clean off heroin for over 2 years and used heroin and crys meth since i was 17 and am now 35. This is the longest ive been clean and subs totally saved my life. I am very thankful to have this long years of struggle finally behind me. I havent craved heroin since my last encounter with it. Subutex gave me my life and respect back. Thank you...

Post subject: Re: 89 days off Subutex
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:39 pm 

That is fantastic Amelia! For those who want to only use Suboxone as a transition medication it seems to be working for you so far. But please watch out for cravings that will come when you least expect it. That is why we tend to preach about going to AA or NA so you have a good support system in place just in case a huge craving messes up your thinking. Then you have someone to call and wait for it to pass.

Congrats on getting 89 days. They say 90 days is the big number to reach. AA/NA both tell newcomers to go to 90 meetings in 90 days. Just my opinion, but I think it's based on how the brain functions with habits. It takes 30 days to acquire a habit, and 90 to get rid of it. We see a lot of 30 and 60 day chips given out, 90 is a bit allusive. Looks like you've gotten there. BTW, we don't actually get rid of addiction. It just gets a bit easier to stay away from after three months.

Keep us posted on your progress. And if the cravings get too bad, you know what to do. And if you don't. Then it's time to get back on Suboxone before you either die or ruin your life entirely.

Rule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, thanks very much on your advice, i will take it on board. Yeah i know those cravings could come back tomorrow and i hope to be ready to fight them.
Thanks again, appreciate your comment : )

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I often have patients who lack energy, or who are depressed... and there is a point where a person who is not able, who 'can't' exercise, becomes somebody who IS able, who 'won't'. I don't know where you are in the process--- but at some point, you may need to do something that feels completely unnatural. People coming off any prolonged illness have all of these internal messages telling them that they just need to rest... when in reality, they will feel much better when they start forcing exercise. You don't need to go crazy with it-- but don't stay in bed more than the 8 hours of sleep that you need, and make certain you get fresh air every day. Walk a few blocks every morning. If you feel too tired, instead of taking the day off, walk half as far.

Again, I don't know if you are at that point yet--- but if you aren't, you will be soon. You will get MORE energy if you do more. It feels counter-intuitive-- but it works.

Good job so far-- and good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much for your comment. Im on efexor 75mg daily since 3 weeks before my detox, it did seem to work wonders. I started taking tyrosine powder form on thursday and saturday and sunday i cleaned for 4 hours both days in the afternoon. So i think its doing its job but i do understand what your saying. I think ive been lazy for so long and i will try fresh air and exercise and see how i go. Thank you again : )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I got off Suboxone, I fell into a similar rut. My energy was constantly shot, my get up and go got up and went.

I had a friend here who kept telling me, "fake it until you make it." Push yourself to do things, even though your mind and body are screaming NOOOO!! Forcing yourself to get up and do things is like retraining your brain to act like it should. As has been stated, if you can get some exercise in, that'll help a lot. Once I got to the point where my exercise routine exceeded 30 minutes, I felt so much better mentally and physically.

Having a goal or something to look forward to is critical, as well. For me, this is another reason exercise is key to my recovery. Not only does exercise itself make ya feel better, but I've been building goals into my routine. Trying to lift X amount of weight. Trying to get my weight to X. These goals I've set are hard to get to, which makes it all that much better for me.

Congratulations on 90 days!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Romeo, thanks for your msg. Yeah i do seem to be stuck in a circle at the moment. I have obsessive compulsive disorder where i cant stop cleaning and the house must be perfect, so not being able to do that at the moment drives me crazy.
I bought an exercise machine ( pro-form strider ) for my detox, i lasted 5 days. When i finished exercising, i was that tired, i would have to go to sleep, then i was stuffed for the rest of the day. I dont really know why, i thought exercise would boost my body and brain.