It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 6 days off subs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello every one I'm a 26 year old mom and I'm 6 days off subs. Although I have been taking percent 10 to help with withdraw. Which I don't think was a good idea being as though that's what sent me to subs in the first place! But anyway I'm hoping to find some support here. I have no one but my ex who is still on subs and probably will stay there! So he's really not too much support not to mention he tells me I should just go back on subs to make it all better! I really want to just stay off subs and get him out of my life because if I don't get away from him I will go back to subs and I will never get away from him because he's the only person I can get subs from! I just want to know what I can do or take to feel normal!? I have two children who need me to cook and clean and give them attention! Lately I've been in bed sleeping the days away and I really don't know how to feel anymore :( I hate this and I can't wait until its over! Sometimes I want to cry because of this mess I'm in and I have no one to turn to for support or I talk! So like I said I'm almost a week off subs but I've been taking percent 10 which I plan to stop tomorrow I just need to know what I can take to ease the RLS tiredness mood swings sadness and the rest of the crap that comes along with sub withdrawal. Please help someone I really don't want to go back to subs I'm really ready to be normal again and live a normal life without depending on some type if drug! Plus I have two children so I have to get it together! Thanx guys for any positive info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How long have you been on suboxone for? What dose were you taking? What was your taper like if any?

I can't pretend to know what it's like to detox while looking after two little ones. I had to work throughout my detox but was able to sit at a desk.. I am sure some other members can weigh in in regards to how they managed being a mom with getting better. I hope you can stick it out because it really is rewarding to be 100% self sufficient, meaning waking up w/o having to take something. Please be careful with the percocets.. I can understand taking a couple to get through withdrawals but it's a very slippery slope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Karmah,

Welcome to the forum!!

First off I'm going to echo what tinydancer said and tell you to be very careful with the percocet's. Secondly, I feel I need to tell you that there is no supplement or anything like that, except more opiates, that's going to make you feel 100% better.

With that said, Clonidine (a blood pressure medication) has helped a great many of us who went through opiate wd. Several people on this forum have also used Neurontin to help ease their wd symptoms.

Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys good news and bad news! Bad news is that I started back on subs :( good news is I know why it was so hard for me! First of all I was on subs for about two years between 6m and 2m depending on how I felt. When I jumped off I was taking about 4m a day and that's why the withdrawal was horrid! And I'll never take percecet again! Didn't help a bit! Never try that! All I can say is I'm going to taper down the right way this time and go to my doc n get some meds to help with withdrawal next time. I'm 2m now a day so next week I'll go down to 1 n then .50 m and so on. But thanx guys I'll keep you posted on how it goes and I look forward to your support as I really want to get off subs an live a normal life again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi...I can relate.....I'm on day 11and was on subs almost a year...I was forced off due to my therapist no longer accepting my insurance...I went back. To percocets too didn't hellp me eithwr...I want back on subs...I'm afraid my dr will boot me out due to relaspe...so I'm kinda stuck too also ab mom of 2 kidsoo..I still can't get outta bed much went frohiyobm 16 mg to zero