It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all! I haven't screwed up, it has been 74 days. However, I do not feel so great. I feel as though after I went through wds I felt better, but the lack of energy and just happiness in my head is not where it should be. Is this normal? I am on Lexaprp and just started Wellbutrin to try and quit smoking. I feel like I have cravings for the good feeling and energy, but I don't seek it out-it is just there.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be great!

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi SherGonnastop,

Good to hear from you again.

OK, as far as the energy and happiness not being where it should be, it's normal.....it sucks, but it's normal. Some of us seem to bounce back rather quickly while some us seem to struggle with those symptoms for longer than we'd like.

My energy came back slowly, for me it took months and months. My happiness also came back slowly.....my biggest issue was that the lack of energy made me lazy and being lazy leads to lack of happiness. As I was able to get more busy and active in my life, both of those symptoms improved.

Try to be patient, for some of us, it takes our brains a good while to get back on track. Believe me, there were MANY days that I figured I had buggered my brain up beyond repair, but it eventually got better......it just seemed to take FOREVER!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First i want to say congrats and be proud how far you've come. Dont give up...

From my own experience I personally went about as far as you maybe a few more weeks. Yes its hard to live life sober. The energy takes forever to come back, yes everyday it gets a tiny bit better. I was to the point to where i started feeling better from the withdrawl state... Like you i wasnt happy, lack of energy, the whole 9 yards.

I was recovering alone, and i kept it all a secret from my family. It was very going thru the process of addiction/wds alone.
Long story short i folded and used again, so now im back on suboxone legally. I was almost there but i guess as a addict i just gave up cuz i was tired of feeling like i was down in the dumps, and my daily aches and pains got in the way of being a diesel mechanic.

I wish you all the luck, and no its not impossible to quit and live clean but for me my time isnt/wasnt yet

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the response. Someone said that after 3 months they felt a lot better. So I am hoping for that. I will stick it out no matter what. I think about it everyday- being high, but I just keep chugging along. I remind myself that it wasn't 2 months that I was addicted. Between subs over a year and norcos for 4 years it cannot be normal so fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What dose of lexapro r u on? Today is day 31 for me (off subs). The reason I ask about the lexapro is because I was on 20mg a day for a month before I jumped and around day 18 I thought that was making me lazy and tired so I reduced it to 10mg per day and that seemed to help a little. I am only on lexapro for PAWS so it may be different for you.

I am no expert but maybe you could ask your Dr about this

CONGRATS ON 2+ MONTHS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ty time to quit! I am on 20 mg. I should go back down to 10. I will need to wean myself though otherwise it will not be fun. The dr. Did tell me that after I am on the Wellbutrin I can go down to a lower dose from the Lexapro. So I am going to try that in a week or so. Do you take anything else? How long were u on subs? Good for you a month is good. Anything you can quit for 30 days is awesome. Now it is time to maintain that. I think about it too much, but I guess that will subside one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Shergonnastop I think I jumped around the same time you did, I have good days and bad days.... but I make myself push thru the bad days still.

Since I jumped I added running 3.5 miles per day to my routine, I drink that stuff someone here recommended mesomorph before i work out and it helps to get my energy level up

I also take seroquel at night ( been on that for years though), are you getting good sleep?? I just started to really sleep good and that makes a difference. We are all different and I dont know much about lexapro but I would ask the dr if that reduces your energy level.

My dr ( he is also my phsyciatrist so I still see him) wanted me to go on naltroxene for cravings but I took a pass because I am really not craving anything right now. I also keep myself crazy busy which I think keeps cravings at bay cuz I am to busy to think about it

Hang tough.. talk to your doctor, you have come a long way girl and worked hard to get here :) You can do this

I did however go thru a period where I took naps during the day which I never used to do, that was like a couple weeks ago and I figured out it was from not eating enough with all the working out I do so I adjusted my diet and it helped alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for the advice. I think I am going through a depression right now because I have gained too much weight and have not exercised. My sleep sucks. I have sleep apnea and have not been using the machine. I thought I would be better after being off subs, but my hubby recorded my sleeping, or I should say snoring. I am still snoring pretty bad. I need to just get my ass in gear and start exercising. I am surprised at how many people who were on subs were so active with exercise. Not that is a bad thing, but I was just whizzing around doing things around the house. Weird I guess.

I am going to try and get it together! Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Shergonnastop,

To be experiencing a mild depression is pretty normal when coming off of Suboxone. If you're feeling crappy because of the weight gain, that'll just add to the depression.

For a lot of us, quitting Suboxone causes us to have a lack of energy, sometimes the lack of energy is pretty severe. You gotta somehow push yourself through this phase of wd. Try to find something that interests you to help keep you busy. A new hobby maybe?? Do you like the outdoors, if so, start going for walks, hell, even if you don't like the outdoors, go for walks. I got on a walking kick a while back and it helped a lot. Then I started going to the batting cages, it helped tons.

For me, the lack of energy made me lazy. Being lazy and not staying active caused me to be kind of depressed and being like that can lead to a host of other crappy things that I was NOT willing to do, so, try to get busy there bud!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:30 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sher I was just gonna say what romeo just said...........a simple walk outside in the fresh ( and humid lol) air can really help. When I was first off subs I felt something was missing in my life, I guess its from changing my morning ritual of popping a sub...........I already excercised alot but I added running to my routine to fill that void ( I mostly lifted weights) and for me it filled the void and gave me energy.
There are days I literally have to force myself to do something......its not always easy but when I am done I feel so much better and better about myself for doing something...Plus I work at home so its very easy for me to get into a i dont wanna get off the couch rut.

I am not by any means saying you need to do what I did but find something healthy that you can do for yourself to keep your mind off of feeling bad.

Good luck girl hang in there!!!

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:32 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sher I was just gonna say what romeo just said...........a simple walk outside in the fresh ( and humid lol) air can really help. When I was first off subs I felt something was missing in my life, I guess its from changing my morning ritual of popping a sub...........I already excercised alot but I added running to my routine to fill that void ( I mostly lifted weights) and for me it filled the void and gave me energy.
There are days I literally have to force myself to do something......its not always easy but when I am done I feel so much better and better about myself for doing something...Plus I work at home so its very easy for me to get into a i dont wanna get off the couch rut.

I am not by any means saying you need to do what I did but find something healthy that you can do for yourself to keep your mind off of feeling bad.

Good luck girl hang in there!!!

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am in the same boat I am over 2 months clean lost count of days but it is in the 60's. I jumped from a 6mg-8mg daily dose of suboxone over the last 6 years, percs for 3 years before that. The Dr. said suboxone lets your brain heal and one day we will taper, well it took me 6 years and I finally said fuck lets roll. Hang in there it is hard as hell, i personally don't have any or much thoughts of cravings or getting drugs, my problem is moderate depression and lack of energy, but going to the gym and running is huge if you can push through it, I went to NA meetings and got a sponsor, it has helped a bit, but I just don't think it is for me. I am not closing the door on NA but I only go to a meeting once a week if that. Anyway stay strong and busy and find some things to feel good about other than drugs, hard to do, I know, but it can be done, just tell yourself ur a fucking warrior and your going to do whatever it takes to get through this, you can do it and I will be right behind ya. Don't give up, you have come to far, :) Bottom line just don't ever take another mind altering drug and things will eventually work out, one day at a time and don't expect to much, too fast, too easy, I kinda have a feeling this is ahuge piece of advice if you have the discipline to follow it, again< I know this shit is hard as hell, but def doable, good luck, Much Love!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm at day 80 today. One week ago I was going through the depression, tired, pressure in the head thing. The last 5 days things have really improved. I'm getting to where I can laugh again. The doctor told me I could be in that dark place for up to two years because of the depth of my addiction. I'm pulling out of it and so will you. Give it another 2-4 weeks and you may be surprised at how different you feel. God Bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow! Thanks for all the support. I really feel the love, as I don't have anyone who really understands this. I see a counselor who knows about addiction. She thinks that my depression is not about the subs? It is about the things going on in my life I know that my life is a mess right now,but I truly believe that the brain does take time to heal. Especially after all of you who have experienced this have gone through the same thing. But I have good news, I started working out on my treadmill on Sat, have only missed one day because I was sunburned. So that has helped a lot.

NA meetings would probably not work for me, at least I don't think so. I wish that we could all get together in sub meeting. That would probably be more beneficial.

I appreciate all of you for your support and inspiration. I am on day 85 today. I will keep trucking along!

Thank you !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Day 85 for SherGonnastop, day 80 for rockblaster, day 60 somethin' for cbk1013 and it should be about day 83 for mg113.....WOW, congratulations to all of you!!! You have all made it through the worst that Suboxone wd was gonna throw at you AND you're all still going. AWESOME!!!

Stay strong and stay clean!!!