It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amber , how do you feel? This is your day 7 or 8 I know. Sounds like your great.
That is inspiring. It's amazing the feelings that come back that you forgot you had.
Sense of smell, all of you senses. I haven't had any sub today, trying to just suck
it up and not take it. I realized my headache is from my lack of less xanax. I have taken it for
several years and I haven't taken as much since tapering off of sub. I guess the sub
and xan together create a much better combo. So I have realized I'm having w/d from
benzo more than the sub. So today I didn't take the sub. I figured feel like poo anyway.
why take it. I slept 1 hour last night. could not sleep , first night that has happened.

I just hope my body gets back to normal soon., I am starting to get a lil more energy
like you said. Ttyl Thank you for all your kind words to everyone, Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Over two weeks...I know time is flying by!! It's weird that I don't have to think about a drug anymore....not at all during the day. Very, very knew to get used to. :D

I'm glad to see you are feeling better...It's frustrating waiting for our bodies to heal!!!! Or our minds I might add. Benzo withdrawals can be annoying......Sorry. :( But even that becomes a distant memory.....Time heals most things.

Last night I woke up heart racing HARD for a solid hour...so strange. Then it just stopped. Weird. And I'm having crazy vivid DREAMS....I wonder could that be a side effect??

Hmmmm....other that that, work is exhausting, but I'm doing great! Thank you for asking. :lol:

Take care, Your welcome, and Thank all of you......Amber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yeah thats pretty much how I am... I tried going to bed last night without anything.. woke up 30 mins with like majory anxiety.. was really weird... I hadnt felt any anxiety all day, but then I start to sleep an WHAM... buzzing with anxiety..

I had to take an ambien and even that took me way longer then normal to nock me out.. and I only got probably 4.5 -5 hours of sleep.. better then off and on sleep, but still tiring / frustrating.

I know it will get better eventually, but I can't wait unitl I don't have to take an ambien or whatever to knock myself out. I know those days will come soon.. body doenst know it needs to crank up the hormones to make that happen... soon soon enough.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ugh, for anxiety....I haven't even really had any! Hope you feel better!!!!

Amber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amber, How many days is this for you off of the subs. You are doing great.. So glad you are ,it's amazing how everyone's body is different during w/d. Which alot of the crap is mental as well. Congrats to you and gubular you guys are doing great! Helps me to know you can do it! you guys are proof.. Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have been off completly since the first of Feburary...so that makes 19 days. Wow...it doesn't seem that long!

How have you been lately? Is everything going okay? I truly hope so..... :)

Take good care of yourself...and I'm glad you figured out the reason for all the headaches.

Amber :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes I figured it out and felt really stupid when I did. But glad at the same time. I'm just taking it slow. I had one day of no sub then the past 2 days about .5mg if that ,just tiny bit pinched off. That is great you have come along way... Do you have any w/d at all now? Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nope...had anxiety the other night for about an hour. Then it just stopped. That could be over-working taking it's effect on me. No one likes a 56 hour week....LOL

Other than that....my body bounced back really fast. They say the better shape you are in..the faster and least amount of withdrawals you have. So exercise...it makes me feel better. It always has!!! Can't wait for warmer weather so I can start swimming again...I feel like a fish out of water!! :D

Take care, Amber :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

gubulars wrote:
Ciscoman.. it's exactly that .25mg.. and how that works is with the liquid taper method..

Take say 10mg so 8mg sub and a quarter and mix with 10ml of water so each ML = 1mg... so if you take a quarter of a ML that would .25mg

Hope that explained some stuff... if you read the sticky post at the top of the "Stopping Suboxone" forum you will see some instructions... which well give you some examples.

Great, thanks! Never thought to mix with water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

error post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I scanned through the messages, reading the first page and the last few posts... I don't know if anyone shared this already or not, but I have had several patients who stopped buprenorphine very abruptly-- with no taper-- who had no significant withdrawal. The people have nothing in common that I can figure out; two men, one woman; one person very muscular and two on the small side; one who exercises and two who don't. One was forced to stop in jail, one at home, and one at a treatment center. None had meds to help reduce withdrawal.

The one thing that they may have had in common was that none really EXPECTED significant withdrawal. In fact, when I asked them about stopping, two said 'why-- was I SUPPOSED to have withdrawal??'

There will likely be doubters, but I know what I witnessed; they were all getting good effect from the buprenorphine, dosing correctly, etc. The observation speaks to two things-- the unique experiences that people have, and the psychological effects that anticipation of misery may have on the misery itself.

May everyone be so lucky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unfortunately I think we will have to keep looking for answers on that one. Not that my experience represents anything more than just my experience, but I wasn't expecting withdrawal and I still had withdrawal. HOWEVER......it wasn't that bad I don't think in terms of the physical, but I definitely needed some meds to help get me through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:13 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

that's great!!!!! I was only on subutex for six days and jumped off of 3mg so I know that that is a lot. I am on day 5 and I have some anxiety and very tired - that is about it, but I alway havw anxiety. I just want the days to keep going by and the anxiety to leave :(

Post subject: Stopping Subs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey all...I briefly went through all posts on this thread and found this post very interesting. It's nice to know how easy it is to taper off Suboxone for most people at least. I have been on Subs since December of 09 and don't plan on stopping anytime soon... I know if I stop Suboxone I'm going to need something else in my life to help me stay clean. I would have no choice to submerse myself in N/A. When I say submerse myself, I mean a meeting every day and maybe two on the weekends. I would have to be very active with the group not just go to meetings but do dinner, etc...work steps...and other NA functions....I personally could never do this on my own..I already tried that.... Left NA after being in the program for awhile and eventually relapsed and it was the worst relapse I have ever experienced.So for me I have two choices today....submerse myself in NA or Suboxone maintenance. Obviously, I'm choosing Suboxone for my own personal reasons.

Now for all this withdrawal stuff....I look at this as just another withdrawal but likely to be less intense...I've been through sooooo many withdrawals.....so what's the big deal of one more. Like I said though...it is really nice to see people use this liquid taper method successfully and basically step down into life opiate free with little or no effects of withdrawal... Thanks for all this wonder information...I love this site...