It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everybody....boy last night was a rough one for me too! Just in a different way...woke up with a migraine. UGH for migraines. :wink:

Gubulars.....Don't you dare feel guilty...even for a second. Your body was telling you something, you just didn't know what it was! I can't speak for everyone, but that happened a time or two during my taper. You just do exactly what you plan on....picking right back up where you left off. And I hope you are feeling better this morning.....and you are right, the mind games are no fun. But you are doing so well.... :D

Slyn......Alot of those scary stories are from people who tapered the wrong way or not at all. Don't be discouraged. I'm living proof that it is not that bad. I didn't even miss work! As for being slugglish...I'd try getting your body into a strict routine. I know it sounds goofy...but believe me it works. Like even on non-work days...set your alarm. Up by 8am, EXERCISE (even if it's just stretching), shower, a good breakfast, and so on. Plan your days full, so you have no time to even think about all of this. Although somewhat physical, the mental part will try and get you down.

Stay strong...and let me know how things are going. Amber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah I've been feeling pretty good this morning and so forth.. so just kind of making it through the motions. I got an event tonight that will be keeping me fairly busy until probably 8 or so.. and those things always help.

I'm not feeling guilty really, kind of at first, but then I said well since I dosed then I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning until I start my .25 again and do that for a few days and then work on abstaining from there on out..

I'll make it.. everyday is a little hump ya gotta get over..

Post subject: Today
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] I thank all of you for all of the post.. That really does help me. So last night after reading about dissolving the subs in water, I tried it. I put approx. 6mg into 2 tablespoons of water, I used to much water. I didn't realize until after the fact, but anyway so this morning i took my syringe of 1.5ml. I'm not a math wiz so I really have no idea how much I actually got in my system. But while it was just sitting in my mouth , I felt as though I wasn't getting the sub at all, since it was already dissolved in water. I don't know it's hard to explain. I swallowed the mixture after about 10 min. I feel okay not as well as I did yesterday. The feeling in my head is what I don't like or should I say bothers me the most. It's almost like a dizzy headache, I still have some body ache. I want to just stop the subs cause I'm down to really low dose, I guess I'm just scared to. Can't remember who posted the liquid mixture but if you read this, If you can figure out what amount you think I took today will you let me know or anyone.
I'm starting to feel more normal except for my weird head feeling..
Again Thank you all so much for the replies... Good luck to everyone and have a great day. :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: O' also
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Century Gothic] [/font] Sorry guys I meant to add this to see if anyone else experienced itching. All of the sudden I will just start itching like crazy. Randomly ,not all day. Just noticed it a few days ago. You know when you first start taking opiates you itch a little, but this is like a nervous itch that just drive you nuts for a while once you start scratching. I've taken benadryl for it that seems to help. Just wonder if anyone else had this happen. Thanks again everyone here.. Have a great day!~lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry guys I have posted 3 post in a row. I just had to take a tiny piece of sub. If you read above I tried the liquid formula today and made it with to much water. I wasn't feeling good so just took a tiny piece off of a 2mg piece. I feel horrible for taking it, I could have toughed it out but it's too late now. But I have no idea how much I took this morning in liquid???? I think I wasted 6mg that just means I'll have to stop sooner.. I have 2 8 mg left and the liquid I made. Just felt like writing. Wanted to see if anyone was around.. Thank you guys, Lynn[b][font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Slyn.....Okay...rest easy there. It seems like we can figure this out. And do not feel guilty for taking a small sliver. Guilt gets us nowhere...and you are going somewhere. To the clean you! So give yourself a break. :D

I read the liquid taper by Diary of a Quitter....and he/she seems to know what they are talking about. That would be your best bet there. Donot however, throw out the liquid...just put it in the refrigerator. If you did use to much water, you can use it later on for your smaller doses.

As for the itching...I only experienced it at the beginning of my opiate use. Never while on suboxone.....

Take care tonight....Sometimes the only way out...is through.

Amber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] Thank you Amber for posting , this is very helpful for me. I'm home alone alot ,my husband works nights. I get really bored, but when I feel better I plan to be out and about like I use to be. Thank you again so much, I will check on the liquid thing and not discard it. Have a great night....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Your welcome...and you are helping me as much as you feel I'm helping you. Does that make any sense? LOL In my head it did.
I've also got a midnight worker....11-7 and it is NO FUN!!! :D

Night! Amber

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] I just vacuumed my entire upstairs and I broke a sweat like you wouldn't believe. I stuck my head out the door to get a cold breeze, seeing 6 inches of snow (pretty). I actually feel pretty good though. That little pinch I took helped or sometimes I think it's psychological.
Talk to you soon, Take care....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Slyn...

I heard you had some troubles with the liquid idea...

Best thing is to find something that measures in ML... so go get a child cough syrup dispenser you can get them at a pharmacy, they will probably give to you for free, they did for me :) just say you need one for your child or whatever, they dont care.

So if you took 8mg a whole sub and mixed it with 10ml of water you would get .8mg per 1ML dose

so I did whole sub plus a quarter and that made 10mg total and 10ml of water so each ML of water = 1mg

If you need a higher dose like say 2mg per dose.. you can either do two 8mg subs, so 16mg x 10ml which makes doses of 1ml = 1.6 mg of subs.. and you could do half ML for .8 subs.

That way you will have less solution and it wont feel like you're gargling mouth wash.

This method has worked pretty good for me! :D If you got questions post them here or PM me, I don't care

-Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was feeling....Good I hope! I haven't had time to sit down and write...it makes me feel better, but not enough hours in the day it seems. :D

Keep me updated, if you want...I need to know that all of you are alright! It makes me sleep better not wondering......

Love your way...and stay strong!!!
Amber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:57 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

When I'm on my bike or treadmill I'm starting to feel that endorphen rush.. I haven't felt it in about 3 yrs.. I was wondering if my brain forgot how to do that without pain pills.. It seems like a lot of things for me started recovering at 1 mg, another big thing is the chills, there gone.. I'm not bragging, I know I'm not out of the woods yet, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Great job, Mike! I can relate to that...exercise has always been a huge part of my life. Swimming is my sport of choice...ironically also the reason for my addiction. Not reason, I guess...but the start.

They say (I'm not sure who ;), that if you fix everything in your life that makes you unhappy, then you no longer will fuel the addict inside you. I'm begining to think that is true.

Take care...Amber!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Grace,

Glad to see things are turning around for you.. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks clean for you!! I'm so happy that you've made it that far!

Today is my 1st day off my .25 and I've been taking clonidine to help counter some of the WD effects.. though took too much and was in zombie land for a bit.

Tomorrow will be the true test of how I really feel since that will be 48 hours of abstaining from the subs.. though I got a great support group and let my parents and sister in on the deal and they are 110% behind me on this one, so it's great!

Hope everyone else is doing well as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

:D Good grief....time flies! I didn't even realize that it had been that long....but then again. MY FAMILY. LOL :D

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!

I know things will keep getting better for all of us....I feel it! Just keep pushing through. Our bodies, minds, and spirits are more resiliant than we think...and 48 hours Justin, that is something to be so proud of! Just think a few more days for the rest of your life.. :)

Take care, Amber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Grace!

I had fun anxiety last night, but I made it through.. eventually that went away and it was more of an insomia issue at that point which I know gets better day by day when our brains finally gets the big picture its not having opiates dumped into any more.

Though besides me taking clondine on a empty stomach and feeling like I was stuck in sludge... I'm doing pretty good today.. anxiety is pretty low which is good.. it's there, but not too bad.. I think its more my stomach hurting then anything... digestive issues cause that same feeling

So tomorrow will be 72 hours since I last took anything and eventually it will be days I'll be posting about!

Thanks for all the great encouragement Amber! You're a life savior and been nice being able to relate and chat on here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Okay, I was reading through my posts and realized I hadn't answered some of your questions. And if will help you in any way to see the bigger picture...I will give some more detail.

Three years was the duration of my opiate use..my DOC being Oxycotin. I was crushing my meds...taking one 80mg and half of another (120mg) four times a day. A very, VERY heavy user. I tapered numerous times down to doses as low as 20mg...but there are always those reasons to take a little more, right? And with an endless supply, I changed into a very bad person, very fast. The only one I have to thank for still being alive is God, he knows what he's doing. :)

During this time, I hid it from everyone. I told my family (out of the blue) , never expecting their response. They were on the phone that same day, and I saw my suboxone doctor the next. He inducted me at 24mg daily..32mg for the first three days. I realized quickly that this medicine was easier to taper...and was down to 8mg in two weeks. And you all know the rest......a happy ending. Who would of thought it? :wink:

It just goes to show, that reguardless of past use, how long we all choose to be suboxone, that there is a clean person inside of us all....we just got to break them free. And free..it will feel wonderful.

Take care on your roads to success....Amber :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Graced4 wrote:
Isn't it amazing! I'm so proud of you...and of everyone on their road to recovery! I did alternate days when I reached .25, and you will feel fine.

I would try to go to work, as it makes the days go by faster....and sleep come eaiser at night. But then again, this is your body. And noone can tell you how you feel.

Keep me updated...and don't let all the other stories scare you! Yikes!...I can see why people get upset at the thought of getting clean. You will do wonderful. :D

When you people say ".25", is that 1/4 of an 8mg pill (=2mg), or actually .25mg, as in 1/64th??? If it is actually .25mg, could you please explain how to get an exact measurement on that? Thanks!

-ciscoman1971

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ciscoman.. it's exactly that .25mg.. and how that works is with the liquid taper method..

Take say 10mg so 8mg sub and a quarter and mix with 10ml of water so each ML = 1mg... so if you take a quarter of a ML that would .25mg

Hope that explained some stuff... if you read the sticky post at the top of the "Stopping Suboxone" forum you will see some instructions... which well give you some examples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No..1/4 of a 8mg pill would equal 2mgs of suboxone. I did not use the liquid method..but have heard many, many good things about it. :)
I chose to crush 1/4 of an 8mg tablet (2mgs) once I had that, I divided in half. 1mg...
That 1mg divided 4 ways will give you .25mgs. These measurments are very, very small. It's much eaiser with 2mg tablets...but you work with what you have.

Hope it helps and it's not too confusing!!
Amber

P.S. I'm a med tech so I also used a pill cutter to get an exact on the 2mgs. Actual pill crushers are available also...with use mainly in the elderly. Try putting it into a ziploc bag before you crush...its the same concept.