It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yep 2 weeks off the subs and I couldn't be any happier. I tapered down to around .75mg, once a day and made the jump(started at 8mg Feb 2013). I was terrified of what wds I could possible experience after making the jump, but luckily they were not severe at all! I'm sure a lot of people have done the same as I did and read more horror stories than positive stories, right?? Of course there are some bad days, but there are far more good days than bad ones. Days 2,4,5 were the only days I had discomfort, day 2 I was sneezing and had a runny nose/little bit of anxiety, days 4 & 5 little anxiety still, coughing up mucus and thats about it, haven't lost any sleep or meals. Oddly, on day 3 I felt completely normal, not sure why maybe because I was out and about busy all day. After the first week, my head felt clearer than it had in 10 years! No more confusion, stumbling words, or inattention. :D
I'd have to say the best part of quiting the subs is my apperance, my skin looks great now, no more acne on my neck, face & shoulder area, my pharmacist said my skin color looked day and night different. The subs did great helping me get my life back on track and I wouldn't change a thing about my past, I'm looking forward from here on out!

If anyone needs ANY help getting through the quitting process, please message me. If I can get through this process, than anyone can!! GL everyone!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is absolutely awesome to hear. I am on day 5, and this is the best I have felt. I actually got dressed in real clothes and am intent on going outside today. I don't know how you jumped from .75mg, but good for you!! I jumped from .25, and have felt like complete shit until today.

I started on 32mg a day, roughly 7 years ago. I had the attitude that I wouldn't ever come off, and no one could make me. Eventually, it just wasn't convenient to be on them any longer than I had to be. I met the most wonderful woman in the world, and things began to look different. I needed to taper, and not depend on something for the rest of my life. I decide to do this partly for her, and my mom, but mostly just for me.

Here it is, day 5, and I really do feel better. Better than days 1, 2, 3, &4. Not great, but better. That's the only way I can explain it.

I wish you the best of luck, ,and I can only hope that for me, things continue to improve. Your words have encouraged me. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

twostepj, so happy to hear that!!! Stay positive and trust me on this, everyday gets better and better!!
You and I share the same story, I too had the same attitude that I would never come off of subs and met a wonderful woman who I am engaged to and we are expecting a baby girl in March!! If you ever need any help or want to talk to someone, let me know.

I wish you the best and you can def get through this!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats to you and you fiance! That is awesome!!

I know I can get through this. I am doing it ultimately for me. I just didn't want to have to depend on a nasty tasting, little orange strip of medicine to feel "normal". I have no idea, really, what the hell "normal" feels like! I guess we'll find out sooner than later!

Thanks again for the encouraging words.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you, we are very excited!

I saw your other posts and can totally understand what was going through your mind, thats ultimately the hardest part...SLOWING down the mental part. The first week (different days) thats all that crossed my mind, "jump back on the subs". I couldn't though, i felt I had come too far to disappoint my supporters. I found numerous busy tasks to do at work to help with the mental part, like a crossword puzzle or watching positive recovery stories online. After doing things like this for a few days strait, I swear to you I have gotten my brain forget about the subs completely on most days! <--This I believe is the MOST important part of quitting, at least for me, 80% mental 20% physical wds. Work your brain to exhaustion and you will hopefully get a better nights sleep as well, day 4&5 it was a little difficult falling asleep, but slept good after i finally did, sleep has been good since then! Your on day 5 now, so you are past the worst of it and expect to feel better on everyday forward. If you feel any bad wds in the future, try taking a short walk or jog, excercise is amazing for wds. :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just finished a walk on the beach with my mom's dog. I am exhausted again, but by physical actions, rather than WD's. I wouldn't have thought I was able even a day ago. It took everything I had to get up, and go to the Dr. yesterday. Felt like a steaming pile of shit, to be honest.

The walk, and some DMB in my ears helped tremendously. As I said, I am tired now but it was worth it to get out for a while.

With hope, faith, and support, all things are possible. This too shall pass.

Thanks man.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Whoo hoo!! Happy to read some good news!! I'm right behind you. Day 12 or 13 for me and I'm feeling pretty good. Days 2-4 were rough, super exhausted. Then it got better for a couple days then I got hit hard with depression. But the last few days I've made a point to get out and about, keep busy, and exercise and it's like night and day!! Sleep is great, my outlook is great and I'm not dependent on a pill of any kind!! Yay us!!!

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Uwillbloved wrote:
Whoo hoo!! Happy to read some good news!! I'm right behind you. Day 12 or 13 for me and I'm feeling pretty good. Days 2-4 were rough, super exhausted. Then it got better for a couple days then I got hit hard with depression. But the last few days I've made a point to get out and about, keep busy, and exercise and it's like night and day!! Sleep is great, my outlook is great and I'm not dependent on a pill of any kind!! Yay us!!!

Awesome!! Keep fighting and never look back!!