It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Everyone,
So I'm on day 14 off subs and I really cannot believe I am here. Here's my back story:

I have had type 1 juvenile diabetes for as long as I can remember. My sugars range anywhere from 45 to 500 on any given day but having an insulin pump and Continuous glucose monitor does help. In 2009 I blacked out from a low blood sugar and had a bracial plexus injury. Very painful and was put on high doses of oxy. Got hooked on oxy so was put on methadone :evil: Tried to taper off methadone but was pure hell. I thought I was going to die. I finally was put on suboxone for 2.5 years. I started at 16mgs a day and finally weaned down to .1 mgs a day and took the jump. It has not been to bad at all. Just have a hard time falling asleep sometimes and go to the bathroom a lot. Other than that, I am doing fine. If anyone needs some encouragement, just look me up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to you okbyme. Nice to have you here with us, and congratulations on your clean time. Very impressive. Did you make the jump from 1mg of sub, or did you mean .1mg as in less than .25mg? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

I tried to jump from 2mgs and found I had to taper further because of the symptoms. I'm doing ok now thanks to the suggestions and support given here by many caring members.

Welcome again and please continue to update your progress. I will check back often as I am getting close to my final dose and jump. Talk to you later. :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome Karen,

I meant less than .25. It was literally a tiny crumb off of a 2 mg strip. I made a 2 mg strip last about 15 days and was doing that for a couple months.

You can so do this Karen. It is all about staying positive and staying busy. I'm shocked how good I feel. I have had some w/d's but nothing I cant handle.

I'm here if you need me. :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think it is also so important to read positive experiences of people coming off Suboxone. Any time I would read something about a bad experience, I would just feel like I could not do it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh I completely agree with that one. I think I'm one of the more positive people and I try to look for the good in most every situation, and i do stick close to the most positive stories. But lots of people do struggle and have problems and issues with their sub experience. I believe we can learn from those stories as well so long as we keep in mind that everyone is different and their situation doesn't necessarily have to be ours. :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:07 pm 

Welcome, OBM! We're glad you're here sharing your story with us!

I am one of the moderators here (moderators have green names), and we should be getting banners saying that we are mods soon. We recently went through an upgrade and certain things, like the moderator banners, were lost or changed.

Thanks for telling us your story and congratulations on tapering. At this forum we are supportive of members who are just starting on sub, maintaining on sub, tapering from sub, veterans of sub, etc. Every member has a different story, but we are all here to help deal with our addiction.

We welcome you aboard!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Okbyme I am so pleased that things are ok n that you have not had to suffer much in the way of withdrawals. This is very encouraging to myself n others so than you for posting this.
My thoughts are with you n I hope that you continue to do well
Evey x

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much for your support. It has helped me in ways I could never express. I just hope that I can return the favor. I truly believed that Suboxone saved my life and I came out a stronger person in the end. It is so exciting to think that I will be able to put my 5 and 7 year old on the bus this year completely sober. For those of you that are on Suboxone and thinking of getting off. There is a way. For those of you that are not ready to get off, don't rush it. You will know when you are ready.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

okbyme wrote:
Thanks so much for your support. It has helped me in ways I could never express. I just hope that I can return the favor. I truly believed that Suboxone saved my life and I came out a stronger person in the end. It is so exciting to think that I will be able to put my 5 and 7 year old on the bus this year completely sober. For those of you that are on Suboxone and thinking of getting off. There is a way. For those of you that are not ready to get off, don't rush it. You will know when you are ready.

You don't need to thank us. You're helping us so much with this thread. I've been on 8 mg suboxone for 3 months today exactly n when they taper me I am going to need this site more than ever as I have a 4 year old to look after n a masters degree to continue on with.
You put your littles ones on the bus with pride because you should be so proud of you xxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Eveleivibe wrote:
okbyme wrote:

You don't need to thank us. You're helping us so much with this thread. I've been on 8 mg suboxone for 3 months today exactly n when they taper me I am going to need this site more than ever as I have a 4 year old to look after n a masters degree to continue on with.
You put your littles ones on the bus with pride because you should be so proud of you xxx

3 months is not long at all. Don't rush it and don't feel that you are any less for being on this stuff. You are doing the right thing. When you are ready to taper, you will know. I used to tell my therapist that I felt like I was failing by still being on this stuff. He put it best. he said "Why do you feel that you are not a complete person while on Suboxone? You need to think of yourself as being complete by being on it. Don't think "why Suboxone?" Think, "Why not Suboxone?".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you. Sounds like your therapist knows what s/he is talking about n you're an inspiration. Please keep posting. We need people like you xxxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome Okbyme, and congratulations!

I am always happy to read success stories like yours. You should be very proud of yourself. If you don't mind, can you tell us what your taper schedule was like tapering down to the .1 mg dose you jumped from, and how long it took you to get there?

Again, congratulations!

Susie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

okbyme,
How you doing? Whatsuuuup?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

okbyme,
How are you doing? Really like to know, are you posting in other threads? Love to hear from you. I am stable at 1 mg, sometime a little less and sometimes a little more. Its been 15 days on sub.
Passed a freaking kidney stone, that totally sucked, but luckily not as bad as 9 years ago when I had them. Any way, would like to keep the support for you going. Hope you chime in. Ciao