It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all I just wanted to take the time and give someone here who might be on the internet looking for stories or in the middle of detox a bit of hope if they are deciding to get off Suboxone or even Methadone because for myself I was on Methadone for 10 years. It saved my life I was also "clean" for those ten years held a job, raised my daughter even bought a house. I was serious about changing my life and THAT is key for anyone trying to come off either of these drugs YOU have to be ready for the fight of your life. After, ten years I was ready to come off Methadone now for anyone who has been on it you all know it is hard as HELL or pure hell to detox from. Even on my 30 mil and stable for a long long time I was scared. My other option was to switch to Suboxone for an amount of time then slowly detox from that, suboxone wasn't around in 2001 when I went on Methadone or if it was I never heard of it never tried it. Three days of detox from meth to jump on Subs was enough. I made that jump. Suboxone for a year and a half... started at 12 which was WAY too much went to 6 then to 4 then down and down until I was on around 1mil or less for about 6 months and stayed see I was serious about this from day one I have been ready for a long time just scared as most of most are us of detox I had responsibility now how can I detox? So Sub was the next journey for me. I got married in between here and was even thinking of getting a degree. To me and my husband's surprise I found out I was pregnant on New Years day, pregnant.... on 1 mil of subs holy shit... Did god just force me into a now or never choice here? Stay on subs which of course Doctors will tell you too do threw the pregnancy or just jump? I was on a small amount for a long period of time and did not want my baby born to opiates. I jumped.

The first 2-3 days were bad... But NOT as bad as a meth detox, no way. I felt cold chills... sneezing form hell I still sneeze a bit even two moths later (unless I have allergies and never knew) Little sleep, RLS ? From meth we just want to die. RLS from Subs... sucks , but warm baths you might just fall asleep the worst part for me coming off subs was the ANXIETY, depression. I was able to go back to work in 2 and a half weeks what a miracle that was but with anxiety. I am just now 2 months off feeling that fog lift. I can sleep ... I came off subs with no meds to ease anything it sucked, but it is doable STAY STRONG I PROMISE IT GOES AWAY. If YOU are ready if you are not don't even waste your time. You will need support my husband and my Mom were there for me I don't know what I would have done without them both. As we all know as a addict this is not easy this is a daily fight, but it gets better when you recognize, admit and fight the fuck from giving in there is a beautiful life out there we just have to want it more than that drug.

My baby is great healthy and I have this monkey off my back! It has been a long long road here and there will be more to face I am sure, I am an addict, I will have cravings I will have times I am anxious, impulsive that is me. I know this now I can recognize triggers before I act...

Be stable first..... only YOU know when YOU are ready not your mom not your husband or wife YOU.

Love to ALL my fellow addicts YOU are worth it even if you were told your hole life you were not.

HI Romeo! I hope you are well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow that's awesome. I love reading stories of people who've been on methadone for long periods who manage to get off, whether with or without the help of Sub. Way to go! Please keep reporting in about how you're going. We need people to remind us that you CAN live after drug-replacement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks I will this site helped me a lot threw all of this reading stories getting advice from people who KNOW I mean really know the struggle and, it is never over this is a daily fight.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations! Loved your post! You're an inspiration...truly!
Although its not "recommended" to stop Sub while pregnant, I would've done the exact same thing you did! Being on a low dose and not wanting to expose my baby (or myself) to any more Sub, I would've made my best effort to jump off too.
I'm sure it was really hard, but you were motivated and you did it! As hard as it was, we all know, staying off everything is even harder. So be careful! I have a feeling you will!
Again...huge congrats on being off Sub and the baby!