It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am almost at 1 month off suboxone. My husband just might be realizing how serious I am about leaving. In our 12 years he has never bought me flowers, yesterday he came home with sunflowers(I am not a rose girl) & cuban coffee for me..I was floored. Not that it makes up for the past, but it was a nice gesture. I am holding my ground with the things that are important to me, it's not easy all the time, but I know it is what I have to do. I had a bit more energy yesterday, but the kids have brought home yet another cold! Seems like we always have a cold, flu, yuckiness here...but with 4 kids I guess that is normal. I basically gave birth to an entire daycare center...or zoo, not sure yet..lol!

Cantbephaded-
Good luck. You have the determination & success in you, some days you may have to dig deeper to find it, but it is there. I have faith that you will pull through this, that's why we got on suboxone in the first place! Take it all day by day, if you need to continue to lower the dose, don't feel bad, as I have read lots of people need to. But, if you are prepared for it, you will do fine. Withdrawals do come to an end, even if it doesn't end as fast as we would like. I wish you all the best, keep us updated!

Diary-
See, I don't need a therapist...I have you :lol: But seriously, you hit the nail on the head! That was the best advice I could have gotten. Thank you, it really helped me see things clearer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cantbephaded,

Hi and welcome, glad to hear you are considering quitting the subs. Yesterday was 5 months off subs for me, I too was around the 2mg mark. It was more difficult than I would have liked it to be, but I made it. My attitude is what made the decison to quit possible AND carried me through the rough times. I had made up my mind that I was not taking sub any longer, no questions, no second guessing, come hell or high water I was done with sub and it seemed to work for me. To this day I have not had any cravings to take any opiates. I detest what I allowed them to do to me.

The clonidine helped me a lot, probably more than any thing else I tried. It doesn't fix everything by any means, but it helped.

Withdrawal is a process that takes time, try not to get frustrated if it seems like things aren't improving, they will.

I wish you great success. You can beat this.

Lind,

Congratulations on almost 1 month! That's awesome news. I have been following this thread regularly and had to laugh when I saw where your husband bought you flowers...you must have almost fell out of your rocker! Maybe he is starting to get the hint? As far as your energy being low, that is normal. It took mine a good while to start picking back up. Hang in there...you're making it day by day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lindscnn wrote:

Diary-
See, I don't need a therapist...I have you :lol: But seriously, you hit the nail on the head! That was the best advice I could have gotten. Thank you, it really helped me see things clearer.

Your welcome, I'm glad it helped!

Now, that will be $50.00 please :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Jack Kornfield