It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 6 days off suboxone
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Okay, well last time I was gonna stop, I was due to see the doc, so I caved out of fear of withdrawal. Today is day 6 off suboxone. I have to say, I don't feel too bad. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel great, kinda sluggish, a little nausea & sneezing with runny nose all darn day. Kinda feels like a cold, & that's what I keep telling myself. I "jumped" at 4mgs basically, the last dose I took was 2mgs, on Thursday. I haad a doc appointment set for Monday, since I made them last longer, & missed my original appointment, the doc wouldn't see me until the following Monday. I figured by Monday I would be in full on withdrawals...nope. Just sluggish. My house may not be spotless today, but it ain't too shabby either considering I have 4 kids tearing thru this place. I have forced myself to go to the grocery store daily for dinner. The worst part is the pain that got me started is cripling me at times. My back is in soooo much pain, I bought out the heat pads at walmart last night...lol. Should I be clear of withdrawals setting in by now, I would think so. But I swear when I think about it, the mild issues get worse. Butr as soon as I am pre-occupied, I forget about it(until I sneeze) Anyways, just what I am feeling on day 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think since you're at 6 days you might be in the midst of the worst of it. At the very least I wouldn't think it would get any worse. But keep in mind I'm no doctor and haven't tapered of sub yet myself, so what do I know? It sounds like you're doing everything right - keeping yourself distracted is definitely the way to go. How are you sleeping? Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and thanks so much for sharing your story. We need more of the true, reasonable accounts of stopping suboxone to balance out the "suboxone w/d makes your eyes fall out" stories.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Linda,

Congratulations!! :) Thanks for sharing your experiance with us it's gives me so much hope to read success stories!

I would agree with hatmaker I would think it could only get better from here. I will keep you in my prayers though just in case :P KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

As for sleeping, I take over the counter sleep aids, but if I take to much I get jittery instead of tired, which happened last night. I would sleep better if I didn't have a hubby in the bed who throws his legs over mine! The worst part has been this horrible back pain, which has me on the couch alot. But this has been my pain issue since I was 12. If this is the worst of the withdrawal(which is what the Dr. sid it would be) I am sooooo thankful! Like I said early, it feels like mild cold, and after experiencing all the other w/d's I have gone through, this is a breeze! I probably should have lowered my dosage more than down to 4mgs, I think I started them around Mar/April(my memory is crap), so I should have weaned a bit more. However, when it was Monday & the doc appointment, I didn't feel the need to go. I am nauseous on & off, I sneeze & my back hurts. But my back hurt when I took meds too, so that is what I remember. I remember not being able to get out of the bed w/out grabbing the pill bottle, I remember not being able or honostly wanting to take my kids places, I remember praying to God, any God, that I get off those meds without killing myself. Suboxone worked for me, I was at a place where I did not want to be attached to any bottle, doctor, or even the pharmacy. I wanted to be myself again, a mother again. And I am. You guys are right, all I can find are the horror stories....which only scares us into continuing to use Suboxone as a crutch, out of fear. Fear controlled me for enough years, I really don't fear much...I have 4 kids, natural drug free births. How can I do that, but be on drugs for back pain? I shouldn't be...and NOW I am not! Every person will be on it for their own set time, when it feels like you don't need OR want it, it is time to come off. By all means, if you are going to relapse, stay on it, but if you know in your heart, mind & body you are done with it...it may not be the hell that we have all heard of! Tomorrow will be 7 days...an entire week! That hasn't happened since 2005!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you and thanks for posting this because people do need to hear that if you taper enough it isn't horrible. I am really pulling for you to get through this and have the life you want. Best wishes to you!

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you for taking the time to share how you feel. I'm sure you know withdrawl is the worst fear and the worst feeling. I hope that when I taper off, I will feel like you do. If that's the worst, I'll take it!

Good luck, keep it up. Thank God the worst is over for you.

Keep us posted.

Love, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, today is Friday, my 8th day off Suboxone. This is so much easier than I could have prayed for. I stopped taking over the counter sleep meds, they weren't helping, infact made it worse @ night. Sleep is hard, I wake up about every 20 minutes & stay awake for 30 minutes or more. My feet get really hot, which seems to be the main thing waking me up. No thrashing of the legs, no skin crawling. I am still being a bit lazy, but I just have to give my body time to get back to normal! I feel so lucky, knowing many people have suffered, but not every one will...I have not. I actually lost count today of days clean cause I don't want it. The nausea is still very present, my sense of smell is hypersensitive, but if I force myself to eat, I start to feel better. I ate about 4inches of a french dip sub last night(which is alot for me to handle any day) I am 120's & 30, with 4 kids(all mine) I have never been a big eater. Point being, even on days 1-6, I felt better than when I took any opiates, and emotionally felt better knowing I wasn't supplementing the other addiction with yet another one. Being sick at all sucks, however, I just felt like a mild cold. Besides sleeping, I feel normal, like 5 yrs ago normal. I feel everything. I numbed myself out to pain, stress, kids screaming, all of it. Life may be crazy at times, but now maybe I can remember it! From what I read, "jumping" at 4mgs was not a good idea, so I would not recommend doing it how I did it. I just happened to miss my doctor appointment, she was pissed & forced me to wait, she expected me crawling in the office. I hope that everybody listens to their mind, heart & body. You will know when it is time...& it was just my time. Don't let anybody scare you into taking it longer OR getting off of it too soon. Our doctors don't know when it is time either. I personally feel like had I gotten off too early, the "paws" would have been much worse. I screwed up my chemicals, & they needed time to start to regain some function. I also am diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder & depression. I started taking Lexapro again when I started the Suboxone to get my depression in check! So if you are depressed(or think you are becoming depressed) get help before getting off the medication would be my advice, I am not a doctor, but a person who was diagnosed very young with depression...think that played a role in addiction...hmmm? I wish everyone the luck I have been given with Suboxone.
Lindsay

Post subject: day 6 off of subs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My name is Darrell. I was on 2 mg of subs for 18 months
And then went to 2 mg for 3 months, then 2 mgs every other day. I am on day 6 of no subs and besides having less
Energy I have experienced no withdrawals what so ever. I am a full time college student using my gi bill and have gone to classes and have gotten all of my assignments done. I am on klonopin and clonodine to reduce the withdrawals. Is it possible that I won't suffer any withdrawals at all?
Darrell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Darrell! Congrats for making it to day 6! You should be okay since you have made it this far, it sounds like you feel even better than I did. The lack of energy will take a little bit, but you will start to feel better each day. Just make sure you keep a safe distance from anyone still using whatever their drug of choice may be! My sister in-law went on suboxone, though honestly I think it was just to hold her over until she found a new doctor. Well, long story short, she was only on subs for about 1 week. Three weeks later she was back on a variety of pills. Last Saturday she took her last breathe, she left 3 young children behind! Just make sure you use caution with everyone you have around you. Back to the question you asked, you should only be headed up from here!! :) You are doing great. Keep yourself busy, having college & the military mentality will keep you going!
Linds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lindscnn, I'm so sorry about your sister-in-law. That is a tragedy.

Thank you for posting about your successful detox. I think we need more positive stories like yours around here. And thanks for coming back after a year to lend your support.

Good luck Darrell - it sounds like you are another success story! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lindscnn,

Congratulations! To stop taking suboxone and have little to no withdrawal symptoms is a true blessing because not everyone is so lucky. Just out of curiosity, how long were you on suboxone? What made you entirely sure that it was time to stop taking it?

Post subject: Re: 6 days off suboxone
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

deleted. Wrong forum.