It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will make this short and sweet. I was on suboxone for 3.5 years due to the economy I was no longer needed at my job so now I cannot continue to take suboxone. I was taking 8mg to 10mg up to last Sunday. Today is day eight and didnt start feeling really crappy til day six. There is no way I can afford to continue to go to treatment. So the decision is made I will have to go cold turkey. Any advice. I know it will take a while to recover but when will the worst of this end. I'm new to this forum just need help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess what I'm saying yes I know it will be hell obviously know that at this very second. But how long for the worst of withdrawl symptoms to subside. ? I was not taking anything before starting to take subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Personally, it took me a week to go thru the bad withdraws. About 7 days. Everyone is different. But a week for me.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey 2013help,

Welcome to the forum!!

It looks like you jumped from a high dose, I'm going to say your acute wd will last anywhere from 7 to 10 days. When acute wd ends, you'll probably still feel pretty crappy, it just won't be sucking pavement crappy.

You may want to look into Clonidine. It's a blood pressure medication that's prescribed "off label" for opiate wd and it works pretty well at knocking those wd symptoms down a peg or two. It's non-addictive, so no worries there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks everyone for all the information today is day 9 and I'm still hanging in there. Making it though the restless legs has to be one of the worst parts of the whole deal that and the anxiety and stomach pain. The mental part is also terrible it's so hard to get your head from being sad or depressed. I have never wanted to be off this shit so bad ever. It honestly made me feel bad. Where do I get the cholodine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

clonodine has to be prescribed by your doctor. It helps lower the blood pressure so you can relax and get so sleep. Keep up the good work. The worst is over! hopefully

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey 2013 i pm'ed you, just stick with it bud it will get better i didn't feel any withdrawals till day 5 or 6 and at 10 days i could sleep but only 2 or 3 hours at a time. i had alot of cold chills too which were really creepy. your sleep will be completely back to normal around 3 weeks or so. do you have alot of back pain? i know i did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah deadsexy my back and whole body kills me. I'm on day ten it's good to hear that things do get better. I hear all these horror stories kinda freaks me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 11 and hanging in there just keep tellin myself it will get better. My question is since the length of time I was on suboxone and quit cold turkey how long will it really take to leave my system. I have heard like up 3 three months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey 2013,

Glad to hear you are hanging in there. Sometimes that's all we can expect. I don't have any good info about how long the WD will take. It is my understanding that it is different for each individual person. I just want to encourage you to keep positive during this time. I don't see how reading horror stories from other people will help right now. I totally believe that if you go into this dreading it and expecting it to be awful it will be awful. Not to say that it is going to be easy even if you go into it with a kick-butt attitude. But I think it definitely puts you in a better place. I really think that at 11 days you should start feeling a little better every day. Just expect good things, you have gone 11 days...that is HUGE! You are doing great!

Hoping you wake up tomorrow feeling like you are killing it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been taking those EmergenC's thingys 3 X a day. Seems to really help. I have read that day 11 is as bad as it gets as far as sub wd... I think you are gaining on it now and I am rooting for you. Keep hanging on my friend. I KNOW YOU CAN and will get thru this... It wont be long now... blessings to you....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 12 is here and I have been spending lots of time outside seems to really really help. Last night was rough rls bad bad. I'm holding strong it will get better. Thanks for the encouragement I need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know this is stupid but I have been taking kolonipin for the past ten days at small doses at night. Does anyone know if it would be okay to
Just stop taking it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi 2013,

Congrats on day 10 i believe? You're catching up on it now. In a few more days you'll feel better. Day 13-14 was the worst then by day 32 it let up. Now I've just got to fill the huge void inside of me!

What are you doing besides klonopin to nurse yourself? IMO, if you've only been taking it for 10 days, you'll be ok. I'd quit now if your gonna. Trust me. (That's a whoooollee other ballpark) You might have a little bit of crappy feeling,.... dont believe you will. Its powerful stuff. We're all here for ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah that's all I have really been taking. Yeah I figured I would stop the benzo now. It's day twelve I have really just been staying hydrated and active other than that nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Be careful though... You don't want to seize up. If you get worried take it and get off of it by your doc.

Good, stay active. Watch funny movies. I don't know what your present symptoms are. You're hanging in there! Don't give up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I can handle the day time, I can get out make myself move around but last night my arms and legs were crazy. Withdrawls are Horride but I still don't think they are as bad as other opiates. The duration is longer though but I mean people work, raise familys, Wash clothes etc while detoxing off of suboxone that says something in itself. My sneezing episodes are so bad I'm talking 20 sneezes at one go at it lol. I will be two weeks off here soon and I'm sick but life is better off suboxone. I'm just ready to try life again and let god lead my recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today is day 13 and slept a little last night. Far from out of the withdrawls but I'm further than I was. I really can't wait until I can say three months and so on. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow 2013!

You are hanging tough! I'm still on sub so I can't give much advice on that but I will cheer you on! Day 13!?! Keeping busy, eating right, drinking lots of water, sounds like you've got all that covered!

I've ran out of my prescription 4-5 days early before (yeah, that's a whole nother thread! :roll: ) and sneezing is one of the worst things...especially if your driving! :shock:

Good luck, hang in there and keep us posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the encouragement Mycovery. Funny you talk about the sneezing and driving lol it's actually fairly dangerous, can't do
Anything but sneeze. I have already had this happen like ten times sadly.