It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 2 days Off, Some ??'s
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I came on here three days ago, right before i jumped off at .4mg, and read lots posts that have helped me gauge what the experience would be like. So far, the posts have been generally encouraging and helpful so thanks everyone. Here i get true accounts as opposed to blind encouragement from my sub med team....although they have done an awesome job with me so far.

Anyway, I wanted to ask about exercise and vitamin supps while going through withdrawals. Currently, I'm 50 hrs. since my last .4mg dose and I feel so so. No where near the hell I felt off day two of 80mg Oxy's, but not exactly lucid either. Just kind off blaa... slight back (kidney area) pain and low energy... I have read from a few posts that exercise increased energy and decreased anxiety/depression/boredom and maybe even sped up recovery.

I would like to try this, though i'm a little worried about initiating the dreaded 72hr. REAL WITHDRAWL!!! that i have heard so much about. Has anyone exercised during day two or three and felt better? (or a lot worse?) Also, I have purchased multi-vitamins, Fish oil gummies, meletonin, and healthy fruits/vegitables and eggs for protein. Is there anything else along these lines that might ease current blaa state or future Bad WD state?
Also, if anyone has input on how they felt during this period of stopping sub, that would be greatly appreiciated.
Thank You again. Everyone's insight has really helped curb my anxiety going into this. Rud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hopefully someone with more experience will reply, but I can say that because of the long half life withdrawal does start around 72 hours and day 4-5 is probably the worst. However, in my experience it did not compare in the least to full agonist withdrawal and was characterized more by lethargy and depression. Exercise is probably the best thing for it, if you can force yourself to do it. Good nutrition, supplements, etc. also sound like a good idea. Hot baths and showers help, as well as OTC pain relievers, immodium, and or benedryl for sleep if needed.
Good luck. It's definitely doable, just make sure you have a plan in place for when you are off the Sub.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for getting back, I suppose there isn't much else to do at this point then just wait and see how it goes. walking may be better at this point

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I believe excercise is an important part of helping the wd...I jumped at .25mg but during the weaning and jump I excercised every day ( been doing that for years) even if its a walk GO FOR IT.. it helps the endorphins in the brain.. the worse I felt the more I made myself hit the gym and I believe it helped me ( and still does) ALOT.

btw I am 48 yrs old
Keep us posted

Lisa

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Rud:

I was on methadone for 3 years and went from 95 mgs. to 18 mgs. before jumping to Suboxone April 1, 2011. I don't have a good answer for why I waited 3 years to make the switch as I found Suboxone much easier to take then dealing with the clinic. I would stay on Suboxone longer but I'm going to be incarcerated June 3, 2011 for an extended period and there is no Suboxone or methadone available inside. Anyway, I took my last dose of Suboxone on Monday morning (4mgs.) so I'm about 100 hours in now and its been quite easy. Other than some stomach distress, fleeting headaches and, as you noticed, low back pain, its been easy. Maybe I missed something or I wasn't on long enough, but this has been a walk in the park compared to CT opiate withdrawal. I can't imagine that's its going to get worse for me at this point so I hope its the same for you. I've slept every night, which is something I never did in CT withdrawal. After reading some of the horror stories about withdrawal from Suboxone, the last thing I wanted to do was go through that in a cell. I''m glad I stopped early and I'm more than grateful that its been so good. But I do feel that I will probably go back on once I'm out because I never want to go through what I went through again and taking Suboxen daily is far, far better than losing everything.

Unless I missed another of your posts, you don't say how long you were on Suboxone or what your jumping off point was. Let me know how your doing and I'll keep you posted, at least until June 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the posts everyone. Just walked a mile and feel much better then this morning...
Trooper- That's inhuman that they wont give you at least methadone. My friend got thrown in an idaho prison and a bunch of people were detoxing off oxy and got doses of methadone.......(maybe he mistook it for something else)
Anyway, that's awesome that you had minimal withdrawal from 4mg. I did 80mg OC until spring 2010(did them for a little over a year), then got on 16mg subs. I began tapering back in Sep. 10' and jumped off at 0.4mg. I agree, this isnt a fraction of what OC withdrawal was. im feeling the best yet and its been 56hrs. Hope everything goes good for you in the future! Rud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

In CT only female inmates get methadone (because of the pregnancy issue). The men just suck it up, which obviously doesn't help the relapse or recidivism rates. But we do punish well in this country, probably the thing we do best. I feel absolutely fine except for some extra energy. Definitely need to start working out again. I'm not sure what I did right or wrong but this is by far the easiest detox I've ever done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm on day 5(last dose Sunday, jumped at .50 mcg) and not doing to bad. Haven't eaten much this week, but I've surprisingly been able to make it to work all week. Seems like day 2 and today were the worst, but have also been able to get in some exercise. Hang in there, each day will get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rud2011 -

How are things going?

I found exercise to be really helpful during my Sub withdrawal. Going for a walk, going to the gym, doing yoga - anything that got my heart pumping and made me break a sweat seemed to help with pain, energy, anxiety and helped me sleep better.

As far as supplements, the one thing that I felt really helped me was Kombucha Tea. Kombucha is a fermented black tea that you can get at a lot of supermarkets or any health food store. You want the refrigerated one, not canned. It has probiotics that are good for gut issues and supposedly it is very supportive of the liver and detoxification processes. I found that when I drank it I generally felt better than when I didn't - so I drank some daily for the first couple of months after I quit Sub. It's an acquired taste, but now I really like it.

I also took a lot of hot baths with tons of Epsom salts. I hope the rest of your detox goes smoothly! Take care.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: On day 6
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks everyone for the tips and encouragement. Sorry it took a while to get back...i had to help a friend move this wknd and just laid back when i got home. Im on day 6 (appx. 125hrs since last dose) and am feeling much better then sat and sun. I've been able to get two workouts in (low burners) and its defiantly helped. The infamous lower back pain, which i thought would never leave, is 95% gone and im even sleeping more then 4 hrs at night.
I think from here on out I need to just maintain my diet and increase my activity, since ive been doing nothing the past year, and hopefully ill get back to 100% in a week or two.
I'm glad to hear that other people are also having success on day five, etc. Hope it keeps going well...LMK if I can help with anything or if you have any aditional advice to give about PAWS in the coming days.
Thanks, rud

....By the way: I had been saving a rat stash of about 10 double percs for "just for old time sakes" and seriously contemplated taking one ...OR TEN about 100hrs in. I called a friend and he came and took them away. Gone. Fin. So if anyone has a little stash lying around for when they get done tapering, GET RID OF IT NOW. If you are like me, you will want to do them as soon as you feel a little uncomfortable.
Thanks again