It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Feeling great! Proud of my numbers. No urges. No pain. No PAWS.

I don't have much to add other than I really, really feel so much better without opes/subs. Hopefully once you get to a few weeks without everything, you can gradually feel as good as I have become over the last 7 weeks or so. It's not easy in the beginning. It's probably the hardest thing I've ever done. But I'm doing it, and I know you all can too if you can just accept the pain and the effects. It comes to an end it really really does. You just have to give it a chance.

Keeping my faith for myself and all of you. Life is full of hope and is possible.

CHAZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's so great how well you are doing! Did you do a long taper? To be honest, I'm not sure if you discussed going off sub in a different thread, so I won't bombard you with questions, but for others who are only reading this post (lurkers/guests), maybe you can give us a summary of how you tapered and what you think was your "secret" to success.

We hear so many horror stories about coming off suboxone, but don't get me wrong, we hear lots of positive stories, too, but the more of them we hear, the more balance there is. Usually when someone does a slow taper, the withdrawals (both acute and post-acute) are much easier to tolerate. Also, personally I think a person's mindset is also a factor in the difficulty a person has in coming off it.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. And congrats on doing so well. I wish you continued success. :mrgreen:

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CHAZZ!!

Keep it up man!!

I like your new signature, the color is a little hard on the eyes (LOL), but I like the saying.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you guys. The support of this group and the ability to see I'm not alone has really touched me and helped get me through some tough days. Those days are very few and far between now, but it's not like they don't happen. Now, though, I chalk them up to life.

No human being has a good day every day.

hatmker, I jumped from 2mg after short-term(about 2.5 weeks) Sub use to halt an 8-year long perc/vike habit. About 80-160 mg a day by the end. I may not have had the same amounts or long term use problems as others have had simply because I chose to go rapid fire with it, but it didn't mean it was all easy. I was eating 4mg/day for the first week, then like 4 mg every other day for like 5 days, then I ate 2mg 4 days in a row and I jumped.

The first week was pretty tough, had bad cramps, shit a lot, insomnia, urges to get more subs or go back to opiates, etc. But the clear mind has won out thus far. I'm 5.1 weeks off of subs now and almost 2 months off of opiates. It took a lot of strength, a lot of routine changing decisions, vitamins, walking, and acceptance. Accepting who I was and being all right with trying to change myself.

Feel fucking wonderful I swear. Ive made the change for the better. And that's not to say you guys aren't doing your best to get through. I don't ever judge anyone for staying on Subs if they need to. But when people do decide they are going to stop, they cannot expect it to be easy. Withdrawal is your brain healing itself.

So far, I'm feeling pretty healed. I'd say in the last 53 days without percs, I've thought about doing them or Subs maybe 10 of the 53 days, and at least half of them were all in the first 3 weeks. As time goes, so does the past life I led both physically and in my head.

Romeo, I was going to change the colors, but they seem almost psychedelic, so it's staying for now until I get more creative. Thanks for checking in! :)

Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kickass Charlie.

I think the fact you were only on Sub about 2 weeks is what made it an easier jump for you than most people we hear of. You didn't give Sub a chance to accumulate in your body, which is what I think plays a role in the long dragged out withdrawal process people have to go through coming off Sub and methadone.

But don't ever forget the pain you had to endure to get to where you are... or take for granted how much better you feel off opioids. It's when people forget that they stumble.

Good luck man and thanks for letting us know how you're going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hello seasondad, and its good to hear that you are still hanging on! Good for you! Keep it up![/font]