It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am on day 25 and still have no energy. when will I start to feel better?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alot depends on the person, did you taper low enough and keeping busy. I'm at day 31 and have little energy most days. But I got a bad chest cold at around day 20. Still trying to shake it. Getting to the gym or at least going for long walks can help. Even if you don't feel like it, push yourself out the door,

Eating right will also speed up the process. The main thing is keeping busy, exercising and staying positive. I know staying positive is not easy when you r feeling like that. I'm in the same boat. Keep pushing yourself and things will turn around.

Hang in there :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I too thought id never get my energy back when I first get off. The way it happened for me was gradual. I didnt wake up one day and have my energy back; it was a slow process and then one day I realized, wow, I am my old self and have been for awhile now. Its a great feeling when you realize you haven't thought about PAWS or withdrawal in awhile because it has been completely gone! I would say it took me a few months to really feel completely 100% back to a normal human being. I am sure exercise will help your energy come back faster, as will fruit smoothies and a good diet of course. I think anyone over the age of three knows that. But even if you don't do that, you will eventually feel normal again, maybe not as fast but it will happen. And its just fantastic!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It took me a year to start feeling normal again. I had boosts of energy here and there, good days and bad days. but in the end, it was a slow healing process. I'm not saying this to scare you, it just is what it is for some people. Some people get off easy and feel "normal" again after a month or two.. that wasn't me. I will also admit, I exercised irregularly and did not use vitamins.

Hang in there, drug addiction progression doesn't happen over night, neither does healing. It will happen. Enjoy the good days and fight through the bad ones.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for the feedback I am on day 30 now I never thought I would be able to do this

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Good job petervv, I think I'm at day 28 so we are in the same place. Keep looking forward and remember every day how bad it was in the past. That will help you never go back.