It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's been eighteen days from that little orange pill I call my master. I have not posted here for about five days and I just wanted to let everyone know that the road has been cold but surprisingly short. I feel great now . It took a positive mind set and family. I did not have any friends due to the fact my addiction was hidden from them. Hell my parents did not even know. It's was easier then I could of ever imagine. I have a very addictive personality. If I can do it then so can you. Yes you the person reading this post right now . You are above this. The master can no longer control your life. You are great. Just a little will power is all it takes. Some people ask about a long term recovery plan. Mine is simple. Stay sober and live each day like it is your last. I hold myself up high on a pedestal because I have to. Who care what people think. I am my own person . As I was withdrawing I told my self " one day at a time" now I think ahead . Sorry folks but you can't live your life one day at a time or in my opinion you will fail. When thinking ahead more then a day at a time. I begain to think like that and things became a lot clearer. Finances, family , everything that has priority. This is my story of being sober.

Post subject: A Great Achievement
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 pm 

Congratulations tjs79 on being able to overcome the Suboxone. It is a battle some of us know we'll face in the future but constantly put it out of our minds. Then a thread like yours comes along and we see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Some may be motivated by your statements and some not.

I don't remember if I read how long and how much you were taking before you jumped. Do you mind informing us again? That way others will have more info to make a decision to follow in your footsteps or not. Either way, what you did was awesome and I take my hat off to you. It is not easy to give up a drug you've gotten used to taking just to function normally.

What about cravings? Any plan on how you'll deal with those? Remember, it's better to go back on Suboxone than to start messing with your old DOC again. Whatever happens, we are always here to assist you.

Congrats once more and stay the course. I like your attitude.

rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A few people are requesting what I was taking so here it goes. I will keep it short and simple. I start on loratab 7.5. Then vicoden 10. It got to the point I was taking 30-40 aday just to function. After I was no longer satisfied with that I started taking OC'S.that went on for two years before I hit rock bottom. I then started on subs. I have to be one hundred percent truthful and say the sub wd is nothing like coming off tabs or oc. SO much easier. I was so over the rat race that I really did not have any cravings. I tapered down and took my time until I was ready and I feel that's the key. Do it when you ready. People say to find s reason to take the jump . Family , kids , or what ever.
Not to be selfish at,all but I came to the reality that I had to do it for myself.j

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Sub Bashers Beware
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:09 pm 

Wow! Thank you so much for posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nice job!!!! May I ask how long you took ur subs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey TJS,

I love it! I totally agree, there are many reasons one can get pushed into quitting maintenance, family, kids, finances, whatever. Even though I had a huge amount of pressure to taper it never stuck until I decided to do it for myself. It has totally changed the way I feel when I'm having a hard day...I'm not doing it out of fear of consequences, I'm doing it because I want to do it! Total life changer!

Congratulations, and thank you for posting!