It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 50 days clean.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I know it helped me when ppl came back and posted there progress along there recovery. So I figured Id try my best to do it aswell. Even though I've been so wrapped up in my "new life", or so I like to call it. Everything has been slowly but surely getting back to normal. For you that don't know I jumped from 8mg after 2 years of use on march 11th 2012. Ive been thru the rollercoaster ride of my life but it the end it has truley made me a Better person and after all the emotions and physical changes I went thru I wouldn't change any of it. After coming off I found myself looking at the world differently. I have no cravings whatsoever so I'm sure that I was on subs long enough to rid that from my brain or so I presume. I still am not 100% and do have "paws" at times or whatever they call it, and by that I mean the lethargy at times and mild to moderate depression at the worst of times. All in all tho everything is recovering in time. I keep myself busy as possible just to keep my mind off any ill thoughts. Anyways any questions feel free to ask. I've had quite a few ppl pm me and it's good to know that I can help anyone in need. It also helps in my recovery. Take care everyone and "salute!" to a bupe free life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That is so cool Tripspot! Another hard won victory...good for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats man :) Big ups!

Get to 60 days and I'll give you a prize ... (not lewd or suggestive - just a cyber-60day chip)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow! You jumped from 8mgs after 2 years and you didn't taper at all?? That's awesome you've made it 50 days and don't have any cravings! Thanks for posting your success. Hopefully more people will come and do that to encourage those who are fearful of never being able to get off of subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow, mad respect for jumping from 8mgs, I tried at 4mgs and just about lost it, was almost traumatizing. Congrats, jeep us updated about the paws, im at 25days off subs so I would like to hear more from someone with more time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats Tripspot! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

124 days clean now and feeling great. No symptoms and absolutely no cravings. Just thought I'd swing by and give a little update. Couldn't have done it without all your guys support. Wish u guys all the best in ur fight for sobriety. Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, that is great news! Congratulation sto you, and thank you for coming back with an update! It helps so many people!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

AWESOME job Tripspot!!!

I know you don't have any cravings right now and that's great, but you may encounter some in the future and I just want you to be ready for them if they come.

Rock On!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
I know you don't have any cravings right now and that's great, but you may encounter some in the future and I just want you to be ready for them if they come.
!

Scary how accurate that statement is. I took my last sub on the last day of march and I've recently started getting cravings. I feel fine other than that- no lethargy or paws (unless cravings count as paws- I'm not sure if they do). I think you're right though when you say you might have been on subs long enough to work thru the cravings. I might have screwed up by rushing off subs in 4 months. I probably should have done what you did & stayed on them a little longer.

Either way, you're kicking ass. Great job & enjoy your "new life"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

10 months clean.. Would like to come back and share with everyone how life has been clean and sober. Everything has been doing really good.. The only side effect which I think I have that I never had before I was on suboxone, is bouts of depression here and there. Some days worse then others, but none the less very acceptable in comparison to being where I was at on the subs. Thanks again everyone for getting me through this mess with all of your inspiring stories. Oh and I also thought it would be funny to report how when I was at my peak withdrawal period I had wrote a letter to the pharmaceutical company that produces suboxone and told them what I thought of there product and how they know nothing of the withdrawal that we encounter when coming off. Anyways they phoned me 2 days ago, 10 months later! Asking me how my symptoms were and about 50 questions as to how it all went down and where I'm at today.. Oh ya and she said she was "sorry" pfft. Only reason I even answered all her questions, which ill add took about an hour altogether, was to give any insight for future jumpers. If you guys don't remember I was one of the "crazies" that jumped off at 8 mg after 2 years of 8-16 and even sometimes 24mg a day.. But I have no regrets and wouldn't change a thing as the whole experience is burned into my brain and I will never forget.. Ill check back soon for any advice or questions.. Ciao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I too jumped off suboxone and the withdraws were so bad for me that it made me not want to take a suboxone for a 18 months but after that the cravings were making me depressed. For that is all I would think about. So, I got on an antidepressant (Lexapro 20mg) and that helped with the depression.

Good job on your sobriety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tripspot,

It's good to hear from you again and CONGRATULATIONS on 10 months!!!

I completely agree with you when you said, "I have no regrets and wouldn't change a thing as the whole experience is burned into my brain and I will never forget."

Keep an eye on those bouts of depression. They may just fade away with time, but if they don't, you may want to consider alternatives. I got on and off Wellbutrin a few times and it helped a lot. Nowadays, I try to exercise vigorously 5 or 6 days a week and that helps tons!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on 10 months, that is a huge accomplishment! Also, thank you for taking an hour to tell RB how difficult Sub was to WD from. (I can't believe they even called you back about that!). You could have just said screw it, but you took the time to give them the information so that maybe someday they can work on that aspect of the medication and make it easier for others in the future. That is really good to hear. I wish you the best in your continued recovery.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Woohoo I LOVE it when members come back and tell us they're going great after Suboxone. Thanks man please stick around, or at least let us know when you turn 1 year!

Teejay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:39 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

As someone contemplating getting off of subs after 5 years (and scared out of her mind!), THANK YOU so much for coming back and posting that it can be done, even if you have to jump at some crazy dose.

Please continue coming back and updating, it truly helps those of us sitting scared.

Post subject: Similar level...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have been on 8 mg for about three months. Didn't feel
Like I expected so I bumped dose to 12 this last month, experimented
With as much as 36 just playing around, came back to 8.
Am starting ( at 36 hours now cold turkey 8mg) my run.
Did you just jump due to frustrations over how the stuff makes you
Feel, or rather 'not feel'? Your comparison of minor depression
Is better than where you were on sub makes me think that is the case.
Thanks.