It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone,

I went 19 days with no suboxone at all after being on it for a year and jumping off at 4 mg. after 19 days i still felt like crap. ( I did take some ultram and vicoden on day 15 and 17 to help) On day 19 i took about 1 mg of sub bc i couldnt take the feeling anymore. Day 20 another 1 mg. Did i just screw myself here? I'm beating myself up so bad but i couldnt take feeling like crap anymore. Last time i came off sub i felt almost completely normal on day 9. this time its worse. I just dont know what i did by taking 2 mg in the last 2 days on day 19 and 20 and if im gna set myself back again bc of it? I dont wanna take anymore and just wanna get off it for good but I'm not feeling so well again today after about 24 hours since i took 1 mg. Anyone been there before?? What should i expect this week? I have 4 mg of sub left and dont wanna take it. Any help?>?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You didn't screw up, and you definitely didn't fail.

Firstly, Suboxone withdrawal is quite temperemental. Sometimes we can come off a high dose, and it's quite easy. Another time, coming off a lower dose can be harder. It's a strange drug like that.

Where you went wrong was when you took Ultram and Vicoden "to help". Firstly, they don't help. They might give you a false sense of relief for a little while, but you end up paying for it. As a result of taking those drugs, it basically "wound the clock back" on your detox, thus making day 19 a lot harder than it was. It was then that you took Suboxone.

Ultram and Vicoden don't help a detox. They are only useful if you want to retox.

Honestly, as a result of taking the various opiates - Ultram, Vicoden, Suboxone - you have wound the clock back on your detox. How much is really hard to say. You definitely won't have to restart your detox, but you will have prolonged it a bit.

So you have two choices. Continue taking Suboxone, and attempt to taper when you feel stronger in yourself and your resolve. Or continue your detox and push through the pain. If you continue your detox, I don't think it will be harder than what you've been through already. I recommend you pursue some kind of support group / counselling for relapse prevention though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well, it's been 4days since your post, but anyway....
It's great that you made it trough 19days of hell! I myself once trying to detox made it 15days...
I know it gets real hard to endure WD so long. But the good thing is, since you've been virtually 19days off opiates (beside some vicodine), your tolerance is now waaaay down!
If you took 0.5mg (or less even), after 19days, it would of been completely enough, and more so, it would even give you some kind of a "feeling".
The 1mg you took, in my opinion was way too much. It could even make you feel so good that you consider abandoning apstinence. Because it's a good feeling after 19days of hell to feel so good and normal again. I know this, 'cause I've been there.
but, if you haven't already restarted regular dosage, my advice to you is, take the smallest dose you can! Because your tolerance being so low now, you got a pretty nice chance to lower your dose drastically!
maybe even consider skipping days now, if you're back on sub.
anyway, good luck to you!