It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am 36 and started doing Vics on and off in 2006-2011. Then I got a job minutes away from my source and that's when it became a full blown addiction/dependency/reliance. I felt like it helped me do better at work. In fact I was convinced it made me better. I was making more sales/money and well it was easy to rationalize. Then one day I realized that it was just a crutch and I decided to jump on Sub. My dr. Told me to take way more than I need it and it made me sick. So I stopped and jumped back on vics and life was good. But, then it really got out of hand bc my tolerance for vics skyrocketed!!

Then I had no choice but to get on Sub. Long story short I am getting ready to go into the National Guard (as prior service) and I don't want to do the training while detoxing. I am supposed to go to meps this Friday and from what I have read on many post they don't test for it but I don't want to take any chances. And btw for the righteous ones out there...the first time I joined the Army I trained with a bunch of thugs and borderline killers... So don't give me the "oh stay out of the military bull crap" .Most of the people I trained either were going to jail or joining the army. From drugs, to all kinds of offenses. Good is what you can do for others not for yourself - unless you don't keep your end of the deal. Take care of your family and help others - and in some sick way I took more to give my family more. But it's time to make things right. I read a quote - I forget the author but It went something like this. "A man fails and takes to drinking and then becomes a failure altogether. I know a lot of people get addicted just bc they wanted to get high and others do it because of either physical or mental pain...either way once you get hooked the journey to real pain begins.

I jumped off 4mgs this past Thursday and it got so bad today that I jumped back on with .25... I have to go to work tomorrow and I can't screw that up. I really should take the week but I can't afford it. I feel so much better - I could go to the gym right now...

Does it make sense or would it be better to keep tapering like this. Two days off and one on while lowering the dosage to nothing. Since I took .25 today should I wait two days and then take .25 or half and keep tapering that way? At this rate I could be down to 0 by next week.

What should I do? Am i fooling myself in thinking that it will be better like this or should I go with nothing till I am clean?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:56 am 

I don't really have a definitive answer to your questions, but I'll give my opinion on a couple of things. First of all, there's really no one right way to taper/detox. I think that longer and slower tapers can be very effective, but I'm not sure you have enough time for that. But if taking a small piece of sub every few days works for you and helps you taper, go for it.

Also, I don't think you're fooling yourself by going this route of tapering, but I do want you to know that while you are still taking pieces of sub, the opiate receptors in your brain are not healing. Some people find that thought daunting and therefore feel like they want to stop cold turkey. I think you should do whatever works for you. Good luck!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks, Amy!

I kept thinking about that last night. Wether or not the receptors would be able to handle it better.

I cut the strips down to .125 mgs.

I woke up feeling good. But, it's 10am and I am feeling like crap again.

I know I will be contemplating taking .125 today - all day.

Everyone, at work thinks I have a cold. If they only knew. The sick thing is that half the people I work with take pain killers privately. Up and down the chain. I can tell they are in the early stages of the love affair.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes from here. Amazingly, I feel better just by typing this post...and telling the experience.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

FYI - working all week and I had to stop the eod plan.

But, I have been taking .125 twice a day. Well, at least that's the goal. I had to take .125 x3 yesterday.

The WDs are almost the same but not constant. Sneezing, runny nose, and the unforgiving soul ripper.

But, the upside is that I am getting acclimated to the feeling. And I have had moments of clarity and raw positiveness. In other words I had moments where I felt that everything was going to be okay. I have been so consumed by the process that I had stopped thinking about the things that matter most like family. But, I realized that the process should be the last thing on my mind and family first.

Anyhow, I just wanted to post bc every time I do all the wds go away for the time that I type. I think I will be typing and not posting and see how it feels like.

Making big changes in my life and I am thankful for this site.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:37 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

how are you doing. Its sounds like you are on a low level. like amy said there is no right or wrong for the taper. just be consistent ie .125 am 7-8 ish then 3-4 ish. or every 12h, stay there until you are stable and you should be ok to stop , or cut one dose out for a few days then stop, if that's your main goal.. everyone is different but at that dose you should have very minor troubles. keep up the good work and keep us posted.