It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 10 update
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:05 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day 10- just an update, w/ds are gone but i think im just in need of some emotional support to get me thru some of these feelings of depression that i know are not real!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey newlife,

What you have to remember is that your brain is so used to not having to manufacture it's own natural opiates because it has had a steady supply of external opaites for a good while. The portion of the brain that manufactures the natural opiates went on vacation for however long you've been ingesting man made opiates. Now, there aren't any man made opiates and your brain is trying to get that 'natural opiate manufacturing center' up and running again. Well, the manufacturing center has been moth balled, it's rusty and it's going to take some work for it to get back into tip top shape. It comes back online, but it does it slowly and awkwardly for a good while. It'll come back online, your going to have to be patient.

Exercise and keeping your mind busy seem to both have a great impact in this area. Have faith man, it will get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi newlife. You should listen to Romeo, everything he says is the truth of it. That said, look for positive energy in life.Dopamine and endorphins are chemicals that produces all our happy thoughts. Im on day 22 and if i take my 'extremely pretty' girl out, every other girl is checking me out, and therefore every guy wants to fight me! And you know what? i just wanna kill 'em all and let the paramedics sort 'em out for ruining a good time. Watch comedies and listen to happy music and friends. Stay away from anything that could bring you down. Take care of yourself.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Crooltats,

You said, "Watch comedies and listen to happy music and friends. Stay away from anything that could bring you down."

How true, how true!!

Crool, have you noticed since quitting sub that you have fits of rage? I know I went through it for a good couple a few months. I just wanted to fight anyone, anytime, anywhere. I would go from being mildly pissed off to full blown rage with no in between steps. It was actually kind of scary how I would seem to lose my mind over little things. Like I said, it lasted for a while, but it's gone now.....thank goodness!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:36 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

newlife....romeo has been where you are and I'm so glad he's here to encourage you.

You WILL make it...keep talking to yourself....walk and stay active...anything to get through this...you are reclaiming yourself and it is all good! We are all pulling for you and praying for you!

You are ok....you know what this is all about...it will pass and you will be yourself again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I just wanna say thank you! All it took was loggin on n readin those responses and the reassurance is overwhelming! Its funny how I feel like I can chime n help people out but sometimes lack the confidence to pick myself up! Again thank you guys so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

newlife13 wrote:
I just wanna say thank you! All it took was loggin on n readin those responses and the reassurance is overwhelming! Its funny how I feel like I can chime n help people out but sometimes lack the confidence to pick myself up! Again thank you guys so much!

I am like that as well...I find it much easier to help others then myself. I am a nurse, and can sew people back together, but if myself or someone in my immediate family is hurt, I completely fall to pieces!

Anyway, you've already heard some of the things I had intended to say, such as excersive, and remembering that this is short term, and to just keep focused on the day to day of it until it passes. I find that the excersize just helps so much, and I've also recently found that being silly with my children is a huge pick me up! I'm not off subs completely, so I don't know exactly what you are feeling, but I've always battled anxiety and mild depression, and have learned some tricks along the way. I've had a journal for most of my life, and the one rule I keep for that is that I only write my daily blessings. You'd be amazed at how many things you can think of that were great during a day, that you would normally just pass by. In the beginning it was hard to think fo things, but after a while they just come to you. It definitely helps me keep things in perspective. I also write anything funny or crazy that happens, so that when I am feeling down I can go back and read them, there is nothing more uplifting then a good laugh!

You'll get there, just have to keep on truckin' and remember that you are not in this alone, and there is always tomorrow. Always be kind to yourself, you have accomplished a big fete!!!

Hang in there!!!

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:59 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hang in there, I just started skipping every third day and I am an emotional rollercoaster as well..... you will get thru this... pamper yourself and be kind to yourself it will subside

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

newlife and Rainbow, I'm with ya. I enjoy posting on the forum and helping others out, but I find that when I need support....it's like pulling teeth to get my brain to tell my fingers to type something out. I'm getting better at it, but it's still difficult.

I guess a big fear is putting yourself out there and then only hearing the sound of crickets chirping as everyone passes your post by. Fear of rejection SUCKS!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

its goos to know we are all together in this. I discovered this forum about 2 months ago and before did i thought I was the only person dealing with all of this. We will all get through this and i have yet to find a post about symptoms of issues concerning sub that I cant relate 100% too. keep at it bud!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but at one time I did the same thing you did. I jumped at a fairly high dose after essentially no taper. I can tell you for sure, what you're feeling IS real. On day 10 i was face down on my bed sobbing. I didn't find the physical withdrawals to be that bad, but emotionally i was a train wreck. I would say, lean heavily on your support system, get outside in the sun, exercise and take good care of yourself.
I ultimately ended up making the decision to go back on Sub. But that's me. Hopefully you are much better prepared for living without ORT than I was. Best of luck to you - believe me I know the kind the kind of pain you are in.
Lilly