It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

i am at 2mgs to 1.5 every other day, i have made it til 3pm today without taking a sliver,lol.
i am wondering what to do next i have like 8 slivers from 1mg to 2mg, i have two days off it though? do take 1mg tomorrow and then try 3 days, i just want it out of system, had no idea it was so addictive, worse than methadone in some ways but all wd hurts so which one is better,right?
i started taking 24 mgs in september and slowly weened myself down under docs radar, $$$$$, sorry but my doc seemed in it for cash really, $250 cash only 5 minutes, goodbye.
so do i take a lil tomorrow and then try 3 days skipped? or do i just never take it again, you tell me to flush it i will
and quick, i have been cycling and lifting weights, eating healthier all the stuff ive heard of working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi spaceghost, welcome to the forum.

I would like to help you with your taper, but your post is kinda vague. How long have you been dosing every-other-day? You said you take 2-1.5 mgs...do you take 2mgs more often, or 1.5? You said you have 8 slivers of pill left...do you know exactly how many mgs of Suboxone you have left to finish your taper?

You also said that you "just want this out of your system", which is always a red-flag-raising statement. Ideally, you would be ending your Sub treatment because you are at a very stable place in your recovery, you have a plan and lots of support, and you have been doing a slow and steady taper. I hope you haven't been scared into wanting to suddenly quit and that you are not rushing into something that you will regret. There are valid reasons for wanting to get off of Suboxone, but it is a good idea to be clear with yourself that you are taking this step to move forward in your recovery and that you are aware of and ready for the consequences.

I tapered off using the liquid taper method and had very few side effects. Some other people here have done the same. I found it much easier than dosing every-other day. You might be able to use the Sub you have left to do a liquid taper.

I would say that just stopping now would be a bad idea. 1.5-2mgs is still relatively high dose to stop at. Getting down to the lowest dose you can and giving your brain some time to adjust before you stop will truly help with the withdrawal process and with PAWS.

If you are not interested in doing a liquid taper, you could try just going as long as you possibly can between doses and then taking the smallest dose possible to relieve some of the withdrawals. I know someone who tapered that way and she did pretty well. Suboxone is a strong drug, and even a quarter milligram can help take the edge off withdrawals.

If you haven't already read the liquid taper thread, I recommend reading thru it. There is lots of good info in there and it is always encouraging to read the stories of people who have successfully tapered.

And lastly, I'm not sure what you mean when you say Sub is worse than methadone, but I just want to give you a heads-up that we don't encourage debate about Sub vs. methadone, which is worse, etc.

-Jack Kornfield