It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, that "Relapse in Progress" thread.....who is the dumbass who started that thread? OH YEAH, it was me!!! :lol:

Hey GodHelpMe,

I've posted this short motivational video for a lot of people coming off of Suboxone and they all seem to love it. Check it out! It's only about 2 minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stn3CXuRCAs

I dare you take a little pain!!

At the end of pain is success!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you Jackie for your prayers. I appreciate them dearly. Don't worry though what I'm going through is partially my fault. I should have done a better job tapering but I had no choice. This was the right time to stop in everyday other than time for tapering. So when you do finally decide to stop just remember to taper the hell(excuse my language) out of those orange pills until you have dust under your tongue. That way you will withdraw for much less and less severe. Because I'm not going to lie, this isn't something to brush off. You must understand because my doctor never told me it would be like this and Im upset I didn't start tapering sooner. Everyone is different though. You will be fine. Learn from mistakes of others :)

And winning thanks bro. I am trying to find different ways to make time go by. Watching breaking bad on Netflix helps time go by 45 minutes at a time. Listening to classical music and laying down closing my eyes helps.
One song in particular I have found to put me at ease is a song called Goodbye by the group Apparat. I believe you all will like it. Listen to it on YouTube. Watch the video with the black and white movie reference on the thumbnail. It's beautiful. It turns my heat flashes into endorphin chills. Music is amazingly therapeutic. You just got to listen to what you love. Also playing video games as Romeo mentioned helps time fly by.

I worked night shifts this summer so sim a night owl. Tommorow will be hard for me because I start college and must wake up early. I dread this because it's hard getting out of bed just getting through these withdrawals alone. But I have no choice. I can't skips classes. I can't fail this time around. It's my last chance.

It's weird because the first time Round I didn't do well in college cuz of opiates and drugs. Now I have to fight this new maintainer opiate in order to succeed. Ironic in a way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hope your traveling ok.

Day 7/8 for me. Feeling ok. Symptoms come and go, feel up and down. Getting some sleep which is the main thing.

Stick with it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey, just wanted to say I took gabapentin (neurontin) for acute withdrawals and it helped a lot. I also took klonopin for acute withdrawal. Of course I'm still having withdrawal symptoms now, so Im not sure if either of those somehow prolonged withdrawal or if I would have had a long withdrawal either way. I guess my point is it will probably at least ease the withdrawal if you need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:20 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

[quote="Romeo"]Yeah, that "Relapse in Progress" thread.....who is the dumbass who started that thread? OH YEAH, it was me!!! :lol:

Hey GodHelpMe,

I've posted this short motivational video for a lot of people coming off of Suboxone and they all seem to love it. Check it out! It's only about 2 min....

[quote="Romeo"]Yeah, that "Relapse in Progress" thread.....who is the dumbass who started that thread? OH YEAH, it was me!!! :lol:

Hey GodHelpMe,

Wow Romeo. I applaud your choice and thank you so much.
Thank you! It has made me get goosebumps-and not the type I've been getting from withdrawal haha. But instead the motivational goosebumps. This is my fight. I will win this. And with someone like you and all these who have posted behind me to support-I will come on top. I have to.

Do you know who that is saying all that? And my favorites on there were micheal jordan, Tyson, and muhammad Ali. Awesome!

Once again I sincerely thank you. I wish I could give you a hug.

I ran a mile tonight on the treadmill so I am in a fine mood :) only have physical problems tonight. Plus I'll fall asleep soon my brother prescribed me to ambien to sleep these few nights. I'm ready but also a little nervous for school tomorrow! I'll have to watch this video before I go onto campus.

"pain isn't forever"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:22 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

chickenkebabs wrote:
Hope your traveling ok.

Day 7/8 for me. Feeling ok. Symptoms come and go, feel up and down. Getting some sleep which is the main thing.

Stick with it.

I'm trying to stick with it :)
What ate you sweats, chills, goosebumps like today? Thanks bro. I hope you feel better each day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For the most part, they were ok. Even went out and did some stuff.

In the afternoon I had a bit of a bad rush. Had the chills and goose bumps, but it went. I think it was in my head.

Hardest part for me is not scoring. Been using heroin for 12 years. Hard to move on, but move on I will.....

Your only going to feel better, not worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Listen to me. PAIN IS TEMPORARY! It may last for a minute, or an hour, or a day, or even a year. But eventually it will subside and something else will take it’s place. If I quit however, it will last forever.

I dare you to take a little pain. I dare you. I dare you not to go home. Somebody said “I feel bad, I’m gonna go home.” Go through it. Your not going to die! At the end of pain is success. Your not gonna die because you’re feeling a little pain. I’m not eating like I eat at home. That’s why you’re going to go to the next level, because if you ate like you ate at home, you’re going to remain a boy or a girl. Its time to become men and women.

But I’m exactly where I want to be because I got to commit my entire being to this thing. I got to breath it, sleep it, eat it. Until you get there, you’ll never be successful in life. But once you get there, I guarantee you the world is yours. So work hard and you can have whatever it is that you want.

Author, Eric Thomas (aka--The Hip Hop Preacher)

Another one of my favorite quotes from this short, but powerful speech is "But eventually it will subside and something else will take it’s place." Did you hear that?? Something else will take its place.....once the pain is gone, something else will take its place. For me, that something else was serenity.

Hang in there man, I know it's rough, I know it sucks, but I also know this, you are stronger than you know and you can do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo wrote:
Yeah, that "Relapse in Progress" thread.....who is the dumbass who started that thread? OH YEAH, it was me!!! :lol:

Ooops. My bad ! Didnt mean to call you out on it. But hey it's out there and it is one the popular threads, it got that way
for a reason. And I had to find out why.

Took me a while, but I got through it.
In between reading 50 shades of Grey, I read about your relapse. Had quite an ending too, I might add

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:29 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys I just want to let you guys know I'm doing a bit better mentally. But my physical symptoms are at a worst. I ran for 10 minutes last night n felt like crap right after but I helped me not sweat as much when I went to bed. I appreciate your video recommendation and motivation Romeo. You help me. You don't know or understand how much but you do.

I started school today. Luckily I only had 1 class but my goodness during class my shirt was so drenched a kid by me asked if I was hot. My shirt was so wet you would think I was playing a sport. I told him I have the flu. How could I explain my trials and tribulations to this poor guy. Each minute in class I just waited for the class to e over. My stomach kept bubbling. I felt like I had to fart and poop diarrehea (but I don't ) -gross I know but I want to give an idea of what I'm going through. After I left I went straight home and took a gabapentin and feel asleep for 2 hours. I really needed that. It helped. But now I'm worried about tomorrow. I have class from 3-7. I will be on a mission tomorrow.

I just don't get myself. Why did I get myself into this. Why did I start drugs? Why was I not happy when I have nothing in life that is troublesome. Why was I so un-thankful when I have a caring family and come from a well established background. I just don't get it. It's things like this that make me feel like total sh**. But I know once the withdrawals and PAWs pass I will stop thinking this way.

I want you all to know I thank each of you sincerely. You are helping me not feel lonely. Helping me get thru this one day at a time. You guys are my friends. Even though I don't know what your hair color is, your names, your genders, I still feel like I have more in common with you all than anyone. I connect with you all on a different level. Anyways I've talked too long. I will cut this. I will try to stop complaining soon. Hopefully I feel better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My story is here: http://www.suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6749. I also jumped off at 1mg so I know what you are going through. It does get better and I promise you that you can do it. I've been off Suboxone for a few months now. You're doing a great job, keep it up man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks Neil. I will check out your story right after this post

I'm just fed up with withdrawing. The part that bothers me most is the hot flashes. Can someone who has already been through this give me an idea of how long the sweating and heat flashes last. A count down would help me. Thanks.

Thanks again Neil for support.

Post subject: Sweating...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Godhelpme, glad to know you're still going strong!

As for the sweats, after 48 days off Subs, I still sweat a lot! Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, but I got nothing. This is one of my last w/d hangers on. I hate it. I do live in south TX, where its 100+ every day, so this factors in a bit. But I never sweated like this before my opiate addiction. I don't know when it will go away, and I wish I did. I felt for you when I read about you sweating while in school. That seriously sucks, and is not something you can hide. I hope it goes away for you soon!

As you know everyone's w/d is different, so don't take my experience and put too much into it. :) Take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Oh great I'll be the smelly kid forever now :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey mate. Hope you're ok.

I'm on day 9/10 and, to be honest, I'm not feeling any withdrawals at all.

I went from 2 mg to zero over about 5 days and went through a lot of it during that time.

The first 3/4 days after stopping completely were definitely the worst for me. It then cleared up quite quickly.

Off course, everyone's different and going to have their own journey.

But, there is hope.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I posted this message in another post but I really need feedback on it so I'm going to post it here too.
Ok so hesslers posts are freaking me out a bit. I'm starting to worry my withdrawal will never go away. Someone please confirm or debunk his statements. I beg you. My life depends on my withdrawal symptoms going away. I am a student in school in one of the most important semesters of my life. Some of hesslers statements seem like they could be valid. But who knows.
My brother did research for me in his medical journals and told me the worst of it is 3 weeks to a month but symptoms can last up to 3 months... All this info coming towards me is freaking me out. I'm so nervous. I can't feel like shit longer than a few weeks. I hope I am better under one month. If this lasts I won't be able to focus on my studies and I will fail out. I'm on academic probation so this is my last chance to get good grades or I'm kicked out. The two hardest things after sobriety to do in my life have fallen in the same time frame. I came here to gain confidence and guidance. But I only fear this more now...

Post subject: You can do it!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

GodHelpMe,

I am in the middle of stopping as well, that is, opiod addiction and suboxone treatment. I'll give you a little background.

For the past 8 years, not a day went by without anywhere from 8-12 percocets and vicodins and at least two joints. About 30 days ago, I looked in the mirror shortly after looking at both my wife's and my own depleted bank accounts and decided that it was time to do away with the pills at least. Luckily, my neighbor has been clean for two years and helped convince me that I could do it. So, it is time I do the same for you already.

I weaned off of opiates from 75mg a day to 15 mg a day over a week. Then, around 18 hours after my last 15mg Percocet, I took a half of an 8mg Suboxone. The first day, I felt fantastic. Just like I had eaten perks all day long. I started with 5 8mg tablets total.

The second day, stupid me didn't do enough research in how long the Suboxone works for so 24 hours later, I took the other half of the first pill. Dude, I was completely wiped out. Falling asleep at work, totally lethargic. I knew in the back of my mind that that could have been the opiate withdrawal I wasn't experiencing so I took it as it was and got as high as possible with weed before falling asleep. You can't be ashamed of using weed during this. You'd be surprised how much it helps if you smoke.

So, third day I took the same dose in the morning and felt great again. Fourth day, same dose and a bad day. I had to leave work after an hour because I literally fell asleep right in front of my boss. He pulled me aside and asked what was wrong and I was completely honest about everything to him. He offered his support, told me to go home and take the day off and try to make it through. I slept Thursday into Friday and decided to start either eating half of a half, or try to go a few days in between doses at least.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I WILL TELL YOU:

Luckily for me, I was going to the shore with my daughter and my wife's family for a week during my second week of subs. I resolved to eat the last 4 pieces of my Subs, about 1mg each, all in the first 4 days. The rest of the time, I'd bear it and try to remain calm in front of my family, who did not know about my predicament. Except my wife, she knew.

I walked every day, a lot. It really gave me a sense of awareness of what I was doing, how much it would benefit my family, myself, my daughter, my life. I was walking 4 hours a day basically. 4 1-hour walks for 5 days. Not only did it tire me out so I could sleep at night, it totally provided self-therapy in that I just decided to inspect myself and the good I was doing. Each day I woke up, I counted another day as clean and the fectually feeleling overshadowed any sneezing, shitting, or headaches that were tough to get through.

Today is the 7th day I haven't had a sub and the 24th day I haven't had a percocet or vicodin, and I gotta tell you, I feel absolutely great. You will get through this. You can do it. You need to go deep within yourself whatever way works for you, for me it was walking. I'm still on it, Ive been taking the train to work instead of driving because it forces me to walk and think and actually feel again.

And, again, if weed will help you get through this, don't be afraid to use it. One thing at a time if you're determined to get completely clean. Weed really isn't all that bad.

I'm here for you and new to this board too but I'm glad to help you through this together. I still get moments, but I'm stronger than it. So are you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GodHelpMe wrote:
I posted this message in another post but I really need feedback on it so I'm going to post it here too.
Ok so hesslers posts are freaking me out a bit. I'm starting to worry my withdrawal will never go away. Someone please confirm or debunk his statements. I beg you. My life depends on my withdrawal symptoms going away. I am a student in school in one of the most important semesters of my life. Some of hesslers statements seem like they could be valid. But who knows.
My brother did research for me in his medical journals and told me the worst of it is 3 weeks to a month but symptoms can last up to 3 months... All this info coming towards me is freaking me out. I'm so nervous. I can't feel like shit longer than a few weeks. I hope I am better under one month. If this lasts I won't be able to focus on my studies and I will fail out. I'm on academic probation so this is my last chance to get good grades or I'm kicked out. The two hardest things after sobriety to do in my life have fallen in the same time frame. I came here to gain confidence and guidance. But I only fear this more now...

OMG....this is why it bothers me so much that Hessler posts without any links/evidence.

Let me tell you that I was the biggest worrier and had a very negative outlook on what it would be like after Suboxone. I was on Sub SIX YEARS! I was expecting it to be hell once I was off. I tapered from 8 mg over a one year period. Now, I am one year out from quitting.

I am FINE!! I expected to be sick, depressed, cold, sweaty, and miserable. During much of my taper, I was sick, depressed, cold, sweaty, and miserable. Once I jumped, those things continued, but the human body is amazingly resilient. My annoying sweats and chills gradually went away and now, at one year out, I can't even remember exactly when. If they were bad enough, trust me, I could tell you exactly about my suffering. Within a few weeks, they were minimal enough that I accepted it as normal. From there on out, it just got better. I could have gone to school with no trouble. I could have worked a very stressful job.

This is temporary. As someone who bought into the fear, please just hear that I am personally okay and I feel confident enough to tell you that you will be okay too. My best friend quit Sub about 1.5 years ago and she is fine too. It will go away. Next week will be better and the week after that...you will believe you are 'great'. Then, it will only get better. Believe in your body. It will be fine!!!!

Your Friend and Well Wisher,
laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Godhelpme, it really really bothers me that this he/she hessler is bothering you to this degree. Listen to Ladder, I dont know her personally but have read tons, i mean tons, of her posts. And she knows what she is talking about.

This hessler character knows nothing. Usually people who KNOW they are right, are very eager to prove it. The fact that this "person' hasn't even so much as posted a single reference to any of these bogus claims....speakls volumes for me. You have got to change your way of thinking for your own good. I am not saying that to be hateful or hurtful. I hope that you understand that. I don't want to see you miserable. I have so much hope for you when I read all of your posts. You are so honest, and let everything "hang out", so that we have the information necessary to help you. I admire that. I think that the mind plays a huge role in how we feel each and every day. DO NOT confuse this statement with me implying that your withdrawal is in your mind. Because it isnt. Not by a long shot. But if you keep reminding yourself that this is only temporary, and WILL get better....I think you will feel a little better mentally, if not physically. I have to do it all the time with my pain. I know it isnt the same thing, but its the same principal.

You have so much going for you right now. Dont let hellser oops, i mean hessler get to you. That is exactly what they want. Stay focused on your school, and pay attention to the members who are positive and want to help. You know who they are by what they are writing. I don't remember how old you are. But it took me until I was 30 years old to remove the negative people from my life. Just their presence can have a huge impact on my mood. Reading negative things can impact my mood as well. If I read about all the horrific crimes against children, elderly, and whatever, everyday, it's going to affect my mood. On the other hand, if I read motivational, and inspiring stories of triumph over adversity, then that surely is going to put me in a better mood than the former.

All I am trying to say is keep your head up. You deserve to be happy, and if you can, get some clonidine. I think it would help tremendously with this sweating thing. It helped me. When I was in withdrawals from opiates, it was the only thing that stopped the rls and sweats. I have low blood pressure so i had to stop taking it as it lowered my bp even more.

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing great!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey RJ,

I believe today is day 7 off of Suboxone for you and your wd's are probably peaking, if they haven't already. You might not know it, but you're actually doing GREAT!! You're getting your ass up, going to school and you are blowing me away with your courage and determination.

Try not to pay any attention to Hessler, he really hasn't provided any data or references to back up his claims. He's basically just spewing out his opinion and opinions are like assholes.....everyone's got one!!

Your wd WILL go away, it will take time though. I remember being exactly where you are, I remember wondering if I had permanently buggered my brain up and I'm here to tell you that we get better.....we honestly get better. I know that's hard to believe, being in day 7 of wd, but it's true....we get better.

As far as the worst of wd happening around 3 weeks to a month, I believe that's for people who have jumped off very high doses, like I did. Most people who jumped off a dose similar to you do NOT experience acute wd for 3 weeks or a month. I believe their acute wd ended much, much sooner than that. I know you're looking for an exact date as to when your wd will end, but no one on this board can provide you with that info. All we can do is estimate, by your wd symptoms and their severity, about where you're at and how much longer it will be.

Are you sleeping at night? Are you eating? If you can explain some of your wd symptoms, we might be able to help you a bit more.

Lastly, you are a warrior!! You're clawing and scratching and biting and fighting you're way through this and you are an absolute WARRIOR!!!