It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:37 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I've done this a few times. I tried to do it as a three day detox like the hospital does. When I jump off I get the withdrawals they are not as bad as cold turkey but the send me back to mr. D. I'm not new to this I've put 6 1/2 years clean time in the trash to find I'm going crazy with guilt and remorse. I've used mr. D Sat started sub on sun 4 mg feel ok took two mg mon today I didn't take anything till 8 pm and that was 1 mg. I can't sleep but I'm functional. I have 8 mg left Does anyone have any suggestion on how I should proceed and what I can do to help get through this.???? I would love to talk to someone for support. I have no insurance and no money. I'm staying in a basement without heat and I eat what people give me from the bakery when they close at night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Dun,
Personal experience, I could use as little as .50 mg to ward off withdrawls and I have seen people on here say that they can use as little as .25 mg. I don't know how you would be able to evenly cut down an 8mg strip to even .5mg or .25 mg pieces. I know that my addict mind has the "if I have it, I'm going to take it now" problem but it will be better if you can take it only when you seriously need it.
Good luck and please keep us posted on how you are doing.

LovingLifeFinally

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dun-- maybe this isn't an option for you.... but I've spent years watching the same thing repeated over and over--- first in my own life, then in my practice, now on the forum. Doing detox 'like the hospitals do' is not a good idea--- because I have NEVER met a single person who went to a hospital, 3-day detox and stayed clean off opioids. Every one of us, at some point, thought we could do that.... most of us learned it is not possible.

Now if you are talking about going to a meeting every single day for 90 days--- the type of thing that would give you a support network who could help motivate you each day, and the type of thing that would help you realize deep inside that you are not alone.... I'd say your chances are better. Maybe as high as 10% that you'll stay clean for some period of time.

I don't mean to discourage you-- but at the same time, you would be better off realizing the facts of the situation so you can come up with some type of real plan. You are going to get a few chances to use your desperation to create change. Don't miss those opportunities--- because they might not come again for a long time. Good luck-- I wish you well.