It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello All,

I've decided to get clean by my son's 13th Bday which is March 24th. I was on 16MG per day of Sbx 2 years ago and have weened down to my current 2.5MG per day. I do okay on it but when it gets late, man do I start with the watery eyes, yawning, irritability. My goal is 2.5 for 2 weeks, 2 for 2 weeks, 1.5 for 2 weeks, 1 for 2 weeks, .75 for 2 weeks, .50 for 2 weeks then .25 for the last 2 weeks. I think making the jump after that type of taper will allow me to succeed. I hope so. Because I am sick of sbx. I mean don't get me wrong, it saved my life. Kept me off of and away from my 250MG per day habit of Norco. I mean I was going through a bottle of a hundred pills in 4 days. It was freakin bad. Not to compare my level of using to anyone elses but it was nasty. So anyway, day 1. Started P90X last week so that I am in the end of it on my son's birthday in 3 or so months. Hoping that going into the jump that being in prime physical condition and the way I am tapering on top of a 1 week vacation is gonna help. I will post updates as I to through this so that others can learn. Good or bad. Happy New Year to everyone and take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey There:

That actually sounds like a pretty good plan that should allow you to jump with fairly minimal complications. There are tons of threads in here about folks tapering and stopping. My suggestion, to go along with what you are planning in terms of dosing is to have a therapist or some kind of meetings available to you as well.

GETTING clean is easy. I've done it hundreds of times. STAYING clean, well, that's another matter entirely. I've failed at that hundreds of times, which is why, at 47 years old, and now with Hepatitis C and other health issues, I don't really see an end to suboxone for me, but I completely understand and support anyone who wants to give it a try.

So, based on my own very long and dismal track record with STAYING clean, my advice is to be prepared and do everything you can to prevent relapse. I think if you're not going to be taking suboxone, then you most certainly are going to need some kind of therapy/meetings/groups to stay on top of your addiction.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Junkie781,

I appreciate the guidance. I have thought about that as well. I am one of those people that does not like to admit that I need help (do any of us?) but I know that once clean, regardless of how I feel, at some point the opportunity will present itself. To be prepared and have a support base is important to me. My immediate family members do not have or had addiction problems like this so I will need an outside source. I was thinking about NA.

I fully understand that for some staying on Sub is necessary. I want to at least give it a shot and if I fail, sub is there. But the side effects are kicking my ass hence the reason I want to quit. Central Sleep Apnea is the biggest one. It's a complete pain in the ass, I am tired ALL the time, it's like pulling teeth to workout or do anything aside from the minimum and that's just not me. I love being active and out and since sub? Not so much.

When you got clean before did you ever go off of sub? What was the jump like? How much did you take when you stopped? Did you supplement the withdrawl with any other meds? I have heard people say that an anti anxiety med is necessary but xanax is a no no with sub. Also heard people say an anti depressent works well. Tried that before and could not orgasm during sex the whole time on it. No can do that no mas.

Anyway, thanks again and happy new year.