It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:09 pm 
You may or may not know, but I am completing a 21 day medical detox in which I went from 8mg of suboxone a day to .25, decreasing every 4th day. When I got below 1mg, the first day post decrease, I did have some w/d symptoms ie: anxiety, runny nose, cramps in my legs. By the 3rd day on that dose, I felt normal. I have skipped days at the end and I will finish at .125mg.

My history is that I have been on narcotics since 2005 for failed back surgeries and chronic pain. I had very severe problems with interdose withdrawal and tolerance. I am in therapy and attending support groups to help me with possible relapse. I am ready to be off this opiate merry-go-round.

I will let you know that this has been much easier by far, than trying to stop cold turkey or by tapering off of other narcotics. I do have some symptoms, but they are not debilitating. I am sure that I may have some rough days ahead, but I want you to know that this has not been as bad as many of the stories I have heard on this forum. God bless you people who are going through this. I honestly believe that your journey will be your own. Don't let this process frighten you from moving forward! Please believe in yourself and take from this forum information that will HELP you in your process. Ask Dr J questions, he will respond. When you don't understand what is going on, GO to the expert. There are some moderators here that have excellent advice/experience.

I will let you know how this all turns out, I will be as supportive and postive to any of you who are tapering, as I can. Hang in there, I BELIEVE that if you are ready, want or need to get of the suboxone, it can be done. Relapse is the real problem.

Take care, Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Robin, I'm SO glad to hear you're doing well! I know for a while there you got a bit discouraged and felt somewhat alone. But it seems that has passed now and you're moving right along. That's awesome.

You know, I was thinking. Do you have one main thread wherein you described your addiction history (how long and how much you were taking) and more importantly, the minute specifics of your 21-day taper? Like all of your doses and when you dropped and how long you stayed there, etc etc. I know you've mentioned it in narrative form in a couple place, but I was thinking more of a specific thread that people can easily find. As you know, we don't have a lot of short term detox members here who have stuck around, nor many journals telling their stories.

So if you don't mind, maybe under the Stopping Suboxone category you could start a thread with a clear subject, such as "My 21 day taper off oxy using sub". Something like that so people can easily find your thread. I think it would be very helpful and valuable to this forum and to current and future members. Your story and your technique could really help so many people.

Thanks for sharing. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.