It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 8...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey all,

Just thought I would share where I'm at and how it's going. I have been on subs for over 2 years now at doses as high as 32mg a day. Like I have said in other posts, my doctor is a pill giver so it's so easy to get whatever I want. My sub doc was the same doc giving me opiates. That being said, I take responsibility for making the decision to go down the road I have chosen. Just seems easier to accept taking drugs when a doctor says it's ok for some reason. Well enough is enough. I did a pretty good taper starting at about 4mg a day but I would take extra when I didn't feel well, or wanted a boost. I finally got to a point where I decided to stop taking extra and do this properly. So starting at the 4mg I decided to go down to single dosing, no more afternoon dose. Once I got accustomed to that I decided to cut back by 0.5mg every 2 weeks. This worked pretty well for me. I got down to 0.5, which is about as small as I could cut a Suboxone pill evenly. I stayed there for about a month and dropped it on the 13th, which happened to be my 35th birthday. That should be easy for me to remember. So here I am at the end of day 8 and trying to stay strong. The sweating has passed. Now the only problems I'm having are the restlessness, headache and just lack of desire to do anything. I'm sleeping fairly well so I'm hoping I'm on the way up. I'd appreciate any thought or support.

Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, just wanted to offer my support. It sounds like you did a good taper, and if you've been off for 8 days you are kicking ass! I've read a lot of posts where people feel their first major improvement between 10 and 14 days, so I think you are close to feeling a lot better. Try to stay as busy as possible. I know it's hard when you have no motivation, but keeping your mind off of it is the best medicine. Keep up the good work!
Lilly

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 10... Thanks for your support Lilly.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree - it sounds like you're doing TERRIFIC. Like Lilly said, you did a good taper and you're seeing the benefits of that now - less in the way of acute withdrawals (and hopefully PAWS, too).

Keep up the good work and let us know how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good job lamerjay! Keep up the good work!

Post subject: Day 17...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 17. I think I'm in the clear. I'm battling headache and depression but no biggie. Just have to force myself through the lack of motivation. Can't believe it's been 17 days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lamerjay, sounds you are in the clear. I envy you tremendously. I read where if you drink a couple cups of Gatorade, it will help a headache. I believe it is the eletrolites. I also believe by drinking some coconut water, not coconut milk, but the coconut water, it will help too. It has a ton of potassium. I also read if you take your Advil or Tylonal w/ coffee or something w/ caffeine, it will help it absorb so your headache will go away, (or get better) Lack of motivation is cured by simply getting out and forcing yourself to get a move on. If you become what you wish to have more of, it will attract that very thing. Give it a try, I hope it works for you. CONGRATS on day 17. I am looking forward to wearing those shoes very soon. Thanks for shareing, Blessings lamerjay...