It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WOW, where to start...the same ole story, pain, then pills, worked my way up to moriphine (oral)...Went on meth and finally found subs 3 years ago. Mixed in cigs and booze in there to enjoy the highs.
Over the past 2 years quit the booze and the cigs (YIKES)...lastly decided to tackle the subs.

This forum has helped me, reading that in CAN BE DONE. I obsessed over quitting for the past 2 years and jumped off 5 days ago from 1mg. All the same symptoms stated here, pain, restlessness, yawning, sneezing. Here are some things that have helped. HOT baths, sit in the sun, heating pad, pop sickels for the hot flashes, xanax as needed (low doses).

I am toughing it out! I AM doing this! Maybe the worst is yet to come, but compared to a full opiate or meth, I am OK. I listened to an old Harry Chapin song yesterday that hit home..."Taxi"..."A smile seemed to come to her slowly, it was a sad smile just the same"...I am happy and sad, hot and cold, OK and not OK...
Your posts have helped me and I decided to join the forum today! Thanks to all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hello daisy,

Your doing very good. Any addicition is going to be a pain to kick. You are kicking your 3rd addiction in the past two years, and once you are done with this, you wont have anything else to worry about. That is AWESOME. I was wondering why I was sneezing all the time now. I am on day 5, myself, and I just thought my allergies started acting up.haha.I am going to buy some pop-sicles in a little bit!! thanks for the tips.

Keep up the good work. Hope you start to improve and your symptoms dissapear. Good luck with everything. Keep us posted!!

Post subject: Congrats!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:59 pm 

That is so awesome to be able to kick three addictions over the years! A big pat on the back and a high five.(if they do that anymore)

Jumping from 1mg isn't recommended, but you aren't the first we've read about who did fairly well with the withdrawals. My doctor said many of his patients stop at 1mg and have been successful. I'd love to talk to a few of them!

So congratulations and stick with it. There may or may not be worse days ahead of you but you have a good start. Please keep posting, we love happy endings.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I really appreciate it. I am almost in a panic, because I need to get on a plane tomorrow and go out of state to work the next 4 days (bring the EMERGENCY SUBS or flush them and DON'T look back)?
Today on day 5 I finally got out and went to the grocery store and the pet store to buy my dog a needed lead and treat. The sun felt good.
Today is the first day that I TASTE suboxone in my mouth, I have not heard of this???? WOW day 5 and still the bitter orange?
I guess it is a mind trip and the change of scenery might do me good...
BTW... forgot to mention that I started a multi Vit on quit day and bought some L Tyosine and B6 for the "journey", I am certain that it helped.
God bless all of us...we will prevail!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hooray for Daisy!!!

Quitting Suboxone and dealing with withdrawal is no fun, but you're doing it!! I hear ya on the being happy and sad, hot and cold, OK and not OK.....I remember those days....yuck!

Like you said, Suboxone withdrawal is not as intense as wd from regular opiates, it is more drawn out though.

OK, as far as what I would do about the extra Suboxone, I would flush 'em!!! You're on day 5, my symptoms didn't peak until day 10, but the difference between day 5 and day 10 was not huge, not at all. If you're "managing" at day 5, I don't think things will all of a sudden get ridiculous on you between now and day 10.

Like you, I had some emergency Suboxone when I quit, actually my wife held them for me!!! Turns out I did NOT need them and once I flushed them, I felt better!!

That's just my opinion, you do what you feel is best, OK?

Post subject: 5:00 Day 6
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the kindness!
Here is the deal, I am leaving in about an hour to go work out of state (long days with my bosses)...Need to have my A game on :D for the dudes...

If it gets worse than I feel today on day 6, I will have to lay down on thier feet to take a much needed rest! Man this sucks!
They should already notice the black circles under my eyeballs!

On the plus side, the scenery will change, not sitting in my office looking at the SUB bottle...If I do not take the SUB with me, it will be putting myself on an Island without them (really NO turning back, I will be gone 5 days, so will return on day 11)...
Today I really got out, took my child to a Dr appointment, then out to lunch (ate some chow)! Went to the pharmacy and got some needed odds and ends for the trip. All this after a solid morning of work.
I wake up earlier, I get more done!
My emotions are waking up, sure I am crying, but HELL I am FEELING and not numb and dumb!
Thanks for listening...Hey I made it to day 6 WHY DO I STILL TASTE THE SUBS IN MY MOUTH (I REALLY DO)...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Daisy,

I know by the time you read this, you'll already be gone on your trip, but I wanted to wish you good luck anyway!!

As far as having the Suboxone taste in your mouth still, that's a new one on me. I don't recall hearing that before?? Many of us who quit Suboxone report smelling weird smells for a while, but like I said, I don't remember hearing about the taste thing.

OK, now for the REAL reason for this reply. :lol:

So, this trip you're going on, are you Driving Miss Daisy?? HAHAHAHAHA!! Get it?? Driving Miss Daisy (the movie with Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy)!!! BAH HA HA, I crack myself up!! I've been trying to come up with a way to work Driving Miss Daisy into one of my replies to you since I saw your screen name!!! Phew, I'm just too much!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello!
Here I am SUB free on day 8. Actually, I think that it helps being out of town and working, keeping my mind distracted with the change of scenery!
I seem to be awaiting up from the opiate "haze" that I have been in for the past 8 years (last few on subs)...
I actually feel odd, but pretty good. I do not wake up tired, I cry very easy, and as many have said my smell and taste even seem to be more alive.
I am staying at a hotel working this week...I am going to consider it my own little detox retreat of sorts. At least there is a pool, hot tub, sauna and gym here...
Thanks everyone...God bless us all

Post subject: Day 18 Still WD'ing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess this is different for everyone, but here I am at day 18 and my legs feel like they weigh at least 500 lbs each! It is a hot summer day and that does not help. Just to go down the stairs feels like a major chore.
I am going to see my regular DR. for a check up and I am considering telling her my symtoms to see if she can help me. Part of me knows the ALL DOCS are pill pushers and to stay away from the pharmacy!
I am hopeful that if I just give it a month that my energy level will come back.
Other symtoms, yawning and hot and cold flashes have subsided. What remains is the fatigue, sneezing and general shitty mood and body aches and pains.
I am taking my kids away for the weekend and look forward to the change of scenery....
For all of you considering stopping, if I can do it, you can (I am a real baby)...too
Anyone out there have any idea how much longer to expect to feel like this? I am taking sublingual B6 and L Tyrosine to help with the energy...(seems to help a bit)....