It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 14
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 14 and I am starting to feel good for the most part. Not always 100% but feel fine at least. I had some trouble with RLS when I jumped and this came and went until i went to the Dr. and was prescribed Capadex (Darvon) a very mild short acting opiate that took nothing away from my bupe wd, but helped me get rid of the RLS and therefore sleep. I also got some more valium to help get my sleep back on line-Now, I would like to point out that this was not entirely necessary, but available as an option. I took 2 Capadex and 2 5mg valium and slept like a brick. This is a method used by New Pathways rehab in 'extreme situations' and no wonder, i woke up feeling sicker for it! i felt absolutely horrible. stick to aspirin and hot baths. I also found that the symptoms are alleviated by exercise. I had to exercise, even though my brain was telling me to lie down/ sit still, i found the more i exercised the better i feel. Also my pallette changed during my reduction-I cannot stomache sweet food, a lot of milk product and ciggarettes and coffee. All of which i liked a lot when on bupe. I was slightly underwieght when on bupe as i burned a lot of energy and did not metabolise properly, but now i am eating well and healthy-it feels like the only option and have noticed that i am starting to look and feel super healthy every other moment. I no longer recognise myself and i am not even bragging yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:43 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi crool....thanks for posting...we need positive experiences that are honest (no fluff) to look forward to! As someone who is tapering and preparing for "jump day" in the future, that is very important to me :)

Very happy for you! Yes, we are going to have some discomfort (and I say that loosely for everyone is different) but we can minimize it by our actions. There is no "right" way to do this...but we do have the luxury of doing it at our own comfort level. I'm glad you found what worked for you. I love reading posts of how people are doing after the jump....2, 3 weeks down the road and even months down the road.

Please come back and let us know how you are doing from time to time.