It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: day 1
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

It's been 24 hrs since my last dose of .5 mgs I jumped out the window I have no more subs I didn't go to my last doc appointment he's a ripoff anyway starting to feel the crappyness set in even tho Ive tapering down for months I started subs two years ago to get off h now I'm down to .25mg some days .5 some days depending on how I feel now I had a lil time off work I'm done I have to do this for me! For me to be a better parent an better husband for me to be a better person I have a lil bit of Xanax to help not much seeing I def don't wanna get stuck on benzos here we go this sucks oh yea Mary Jane too she always helps

Post subject: Re: day 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ricknice1980,

Good luck with your jump. Since you were able to taper down to .5mg, hopefully it wont be too bad on you. Keep posting your results and feelings. I think it is so important to write down whats going on . It is so helpful to go and read where you started from and how far you have come.

Hope you have low to minimal withdraws on your detox.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:00 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank u for ur reply it was a little easier than I thought but I felt it right from the start of the first day not dosing the creepy ness setting in I'm on day 5 now still no subs the Xanax worked great but only for a few days an littlest as possible Cuz I don't wanna trade habits sleeping doesn't come easy but I'm guna see this through I have to I'm guna end up dead if I dont

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ricknice1980 wrote:
Thank u for ur reply it was a little easier than I thought but I felt it right from the start of the first day not dosing the creepy ness setting in I'm on day 5 now still no subs the Xanax worked great but only for a few days an littlest as possible Cuz I don't wanna trade habits sleeping doesn't come easy but I'm guna see this through I have to I'm guna end up dead if I dont

Day 5 that's great. But your still in the woods. I waited 30 days to start xanax cause that's when I started going nuts from little to no sleep and the inability to relax. Speak with a psychiatrist cause there are much weaker benzos out there than xanax. At this point 30 days later the relief is incredible. Honestly if you use it the first couple days you are going to come off it still in the worst part of withdrawal which will cause you to possibly feel there's no hope.

Sedating the first week or so is fine, but its not over yet. So you'll come off it feeling pretty crappy still. There are other antidepressant meds that cause sleepiness like trazadone or remeron. I can't take trazadone cause it has caused my throat to close up before. I was on remeron too but it caused sleep eating for me.

When I was 8 I was put on a low dose of klonopin to help sleep. Also I have been put on low doses of ativan for anxiety but it helped me relax and sleep.

Please talk to your doc about all your options. There is something out there that will work for you