It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 85!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi All! Sorry I haven't been on in a while to update. First, I had the flu (stomach and then head/chest...ugh!) then with the holidays was so crazy busy. I'm on day 85 and holding strong! My energy is FINALLY starting to return. To me, after the initial wd's, this was the hardest hurdle. My legs felt like lead weights some days and just moving off the couch was hard. But....I forced myself. My husband encouraged me to go to the gym with him, even when I really, really didn't want to. I'm glad he did, though. I know exercise is hard with such terrible exhaustion, but it really does help. Since I tapered to such a small dose before jumping, I think that made it easier. I still had RLS, little sleep, lethargy, stomach issues, would get cold then hot then cold again, sneezing, etc. But all of those things were at a tolerable level. The lethargy was the toughest part, for me. I want to say a HUGE thank you to those that gave me encouragement when I first posted a few months ago. It really helped!! I hope those of you who have just jumped, or are thinking of jumping, are doing well. Stay strong because if I can do it, so can you! :) (a little background....I was on opiates for about 10 years and on Subs for over 3 years).

Post subject: Re: Day 85!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on your jump! I am so glad you came back to give an update. Healing takes time. Glad you are doing well!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Fijay, congrats on hitting nearly three months.

I'm going on 7 months now and, like you, I started to notice a large improvement with energy starting around the three month mark, as well as -- finally! -- stable sleep. Energy levels should continue to improve noticeably, along with concentration and mental clarity.

Good for you for going to the gym, even when you don't want to, I've read that fitness (and diet) can help us during our detox, and I believe this to be true based on my own experience.

Keep it up!

-- ji

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much, Tiki and Ji! Congrats to you Ji on 7 months! That's awesome! I remember reading about the other members experiences when I had first decided to taper. Seeing posts that remarked on "no energy for 3 months" really worried me at first. I wondered if I could do it and keep my home business afloat. I forgot to mention the other problem along with lethargy. I seemed bored with everything around me. Motivation was REALLY difficult, but only during the first month or so. Some of my drive and motivation returned (thank GOODNESS) after about 30 days. Now it's nearly back to normal. It's nice to know it will continue to get even better from here!

For those thinking of jumping and reading this, please do NOT be discouraged when reading about lingering tiredness. When I was tapering, I really considered not quitting because of the fear. I can't tell you how happy I am that I didn't continue with Subs. They were a great tool to help me get my life back. If you taper slowly and go down to the smallest dose possible before jumping, the wd's are not as bad as opiates (by far for me). I think all of us have that 'inner voice' that tells us when we're ready, and it's time, to quit. Listen to that voice. I'm starting to feel better than I have in a long time. I'm also saving a ton of money now that I don't have monthly doctor visits and paying for Subs.

Thanks again you guys! I'm definitely going to keep on going. I haven't had cravings now for a about a month. I know I will still have cravings from time to time, as that is addiction. But I'm lucky to have a fantastic support system in my husband. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Fijay, I agree with you about the low energy and low motivation during the early day of detox. I didn't think of these things as a big problem then, and looking back now, I still think they were minor issues.

Just part of the mix, most of which was about finally getting clean!

- ji

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Ji! I'm glad they were minor issues for you. They were tough for me and lasted much longer than I thought they would. But, like you said, it's all about getting (and staying) clean. I would still go through it all again to get to where I am now, that's for sure! :-)