It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello to all. I hope everyone is feeling well this afternoon. I am on day 4 of opiate detox and I'm feeling better then I expected. My question is. When can I stop taking the subs and not experience severe w.d. symptoms? (Vomiting, nausea, can't get the hell out of bed) I'm sure most of you are familiar with them. I understand their is a whole other spectrum of issues I will need to address but I was just wondering... If I was to lose my subs, get incarcerated or just stop taking them. At what point I would stand a good chance of not getting severely ill. Day 4,day7 or 3weeks from now? Thanks in advance. I gotta say I'm overjoyed to be off of them nasty Lil bastards! I feel great. This sight and others like it have really educated me. Its the first time I have ever joined one but I have stalked quite a few. :-) so thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mike.

If you're wanting to stop Subs, using it only to detox, the sooner the better. I won't get into success rates of Sub-based detoxes because it's clear you've got your heart set on short-term treatment only.

When I've done Suboxone based detoxes as an inpatient, the regimen stopped after 5-6 days. Sub was only taken to relieve withdrawal symptoms from the drug-of-choice, in my case heroin. Keeping dosing to only 5-6 days prevented from becoming dependent on Suboxone, but it was taken long enough to relieve the heroin withdrawal. Doses were escalated and reduced over those days based on severity of withdrawal - ie day 1 was a low dose, peaking at day 3, then reducing until day 5-6. What exact doses you'll need is dependent on the size of your habit.

Let us know how you go, and what you decide on.